Command line login in windows script

I want to run one script in a windows machine. I need to copy from Netware
Volume to the workstation, but this machine is only authenticated with
windows. There is any chance to login Netware Trough command line in my
script and de-attach after script finish?

Than kyou
0
stormo

,
> There is any chance to login Netware Trough command line in my
> script and de-attach after script finish?

Try running loginw32.exe:

loginw32 yourtree/.homer.springfield.acme.com /PWD=duff /cont

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders

Windows XP SP2 and tree command in login script
I am having an issue with an XP SP2 workstation and the tree command in the login script. Client version 4.91 SP3 or SP2 (We back revved to SP2 to see if this resolved the problem but it has not). The system is running IP only over a wireless connection and SLP configured manually (static) for both trees. On the initial login of the day, the first user will get a failure to login to the second tree (the secondary login has the user and password set in the script, so there is no intervention by the end user). Packet trace reports authentication failure. Even if I remove the...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Windows Commands in Login Scripts
Is it possible to have the netware login script run windows commands such as net use? Or will I have to use a windows login script for this purpose? Thanks > Is it possible to have the netware login script run windows commands such > as net use? Yes, but you need to be authenticated in Windows before running such commands. The syntax is: #NET USE ..... The # denotes an external command. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Thanks much :) > > Is it possible to have the netware login script run windows com...

Tree command in login script generates "LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-600: This utility could not interpret the line" error
I'm getting "LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-600: This utility could not interpret the line." when I try to use the TREE command in my Login Scripts. Netware 6.0 servers with eDir 8.7.3 in both trees. I've looked over TID's 10027273, 10022073, 2932207 to no avail. It seems like the system doesn't understand the TREE command at all. Any suggestions would be great. Please post the syntax used. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Edison Ortiz wrote: > Please post the syntax used. > I found the problem ...

login script provided--User cannnot login as local user the script fails but can login as local admin on xp pc
> Hi all > the error is as follows > novell client scripts has encountered a problem > and needs to close > the exception unknow s/w exception 0xc06d007e > occured in the application at location ox77e738b2 > I have never seen this before and i have tried reinstalling the cleint > but it didnt work. This occurs when the user ins logged into a xp pro pc > as a user though it doesnt occur when logged in as a local admin on the > box. this is only happening on one box. > Login script is below > MAP ERROR OFF BREAK OFF if member of ".every...

Login script
I�ve used this to run stuff from the login script on NT4. IF OS = "WINNT" AND OS_VERSION = "V4.00" THEN I�ve used this to run stuff from the login script on W2000. IF OS = "WINNT" AND OS_VERSION = "V5.00" THEN I�ve tried various combinations for Windows XP but the script commands after these don�t run. IF OS = "WINNT" AND OS_VERSION = "V5.10" THEN IF OS = "WINNT" AND OS_VERSION = "V5.01" THEN Any ideas? On 8/8/2006 mdrapeau@penbayhealthcare.org wrote: > Ive tried various combination...

Windows XP stops after login script
Problem: Sometimes when a user logs in the PC stops working after the login script has appeared. The user is then just left with a screen with the mouse pointer and nothing else. It is possible to get past this stage, but only by manually starting a new task in the task manager called 'explorer.exe'. The problem does not seem very consistent, which has made it hard to discover what exactly is causing it. Our configuration: Windows XP with SP1, Novell clients, 4.83 and 4.90 with SP1 & Zenworks for Desktops 4 with sp 1b. Network Associates Anti Virus Product. T...

Windows login before NetWare login
I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it happend. The workstation has W2K SP4 and Novell Client 4.90 SP2 installed. I can not find a parameter in the Novell-Client which causes this. I'm gratefully looking forward to somebodys help. Ingo Kubach ingo.kubach@murrelektronik.de wrote: > I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window > appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it > happend. The workstation has W...

netware login after windows login?
Hi all, I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into windows. I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving the windows session (win2K, XP). Is that possible? Do I need special tools in order to do that or is it sufficient to install novell client software? Is it possible not only to login but also to run the novell login script? Thanks a lot in advance Stefan Stefan, > I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into > windows. In regedit.exe goto: HKLM\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ...

EXIT command in container login script still running user login script
Hi, running NW65SP7. According to http://www.novell.com/documentation/linux_client/login/data/hb7jx215.html which talks about the NO_DEFAULT command, it mentions there if you use the EXIT command in a container login script, that it will prevent the execution of all user login scripts, is this true? They don't mention this in the EXIT command section in that same manual... What I'm doing is actually for NETSTORAGE, I've added: IF <WEBACCESS> = "1" THEN IF NOT MEMBER OF "NETSTORAGE_USERS" THEN EXIT END END to th...

Script's command-line options under Windows
Hi all. I've got an app than runs on Linux and Windows. I invoke it: script_name.pl USERID where USERID is a number that identifies the user. Under Linux, and under *some* Windows 2000 installations, I can then get the value of USERID: my $userid = shift; However I just noticed that on a new installation ( latest ActiveState Perl, Windows 2000 sp4 ), this isn't working. What's even more frustrating is that if I fire the script up under Komodo, the command-line options *are* accepted ( ie I get a $userid ). What's up? Dan Just to clarify, you'...

Using Windows ENV vars in NetWare login scripts
Hi All, I've got a client with a problem. The problem is that they're switching naming conventions, and need to be able to map drives to both NetWare and Windows 2K and 2K3 servers. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, since the "old" naming conventions were first initial, last name, for instance John Doe's ID would be jdoe. Simple enough. This command worked just fine from within the login script: #NET USE S: \\SERVER1\SCAN_FILES\%LOGIN_NAME The problem is that the new naming convention is First.Last, and this is giving them a real headache. ...

Problem in login netware using Windows XP PC.
We have two netware 5.0 servers (Server A and B) with both IPX and IP, and set up Tree A and Tree B. Each Server has two NIC.(Assume they are NICA1, NICA1 for Server A, NICB1 and NICB2 for Server B. Server A and B use NICA1 and NICB1 to connect each other. I use a computer with Windows XP (Home Edition) with IPX installed and Novell Client 4.90 SP1a. The windows XP connect Server A via NICA2. The problem is the Windows XP can only log into Server A in Tree A. It cannot see Tree B. And since I use Novell server as Router between different segment of our LAN. Windows XP ca...

Can you map a Windows AD Volume from NetWare login script?
What command sequence do you use? Standard #net use, see TID10024207 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ The TID no longer exists. "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:xn0djmw10bz0mzs052@support-forums.novell.com... > Standard #net use, see TID10024207 > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS] > Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Found it. "Matt" <mis@cmxinc.com> wrote in message news:ksG...

Web resources about - Command line login in windows script - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cameron Carpenter review: Bells and whistles matched by a command of the organ
It's certainly no exaggeration to call Cameron Carpenter's command of six keyboards (five for hands, one for feet) "genius". Purely in cognitive ...

Adele eclipses Taylor Swift to take command of the pop world
Adele Adkins is the first person to top the ARIA singles and albums charts in the same week since Swift exactly one year ago.

Command your club to victory in Sega’s Football Manager Mobile 2016
... How long can you survive on the Last Horizon? , and Dig, explore and collect stars in Starlit Adventures . Football Manager Mobile 2016 Command ...

How to craft your own custom voice commands for Amazon Echo's Alexa
With a little help from IFTTT, you can teach Alexa all sorts of new tricks. Here's how to get started.

Defense Sec Commands Military To Open All Combat Jobs To Women
Marine Corps' arguments against women in combat effectively crushed

Bethesda: Fallout 4 console commands 'not supported or recommended' on PC
In a very Bethesda-like fashion, messing around with console commands on the PC version of Fallout 4 might completely bug out your game more ...

Amazon Echo owners can create custom voice commands with IFTT
... item to your shopping list is pretty cool, but there comes a point where you start to feel the limits of the Echo's pre-programmed voice commands. ...

Chinese Hacker Group Uses Dropbox for Malware Command and Control
NEWS ANALYSIS: The current malware threat isn't targeting U.S. interests now, but the hacker group could easily turn its attention in that direction ...