Client 4.9.1 and groupwise client

I have just upgraded from client 4.9.0 to 4.9.1. Under 490 I was able to
check the �Single Sign on� button on my groupwise notify (6.5.4) and not
have it ask for the password every time. Now that I have loaded 491 I check
the box but it doesn�t have an affect. I have checked the �Single sign on�
check box in the clients properties.
Any ideas?
Thanks much
Tim

0
tim

tim@holcombbhs.org wrote:

> I have just upgraded from client 4.9.0 to 4.9.1. Under 490 I was able
> to check the �Single Sign on� button on my groupwise notify (6.5.4)
> and not have it ask for the password every time. Now that I have
> loaded 491 I check the box but it doesn�t have an affect. I have
> checked the �Single sign on� check box in the clients properties.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks much
> Tim

If you ain't using secure login, then delete the file named nwsso.dll
in system32, and the old "No password with NDS" will reapear again.

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0
Tommy
5/26/2005 9:56:28 PM
I deleted the file and when I rebooted the �use single sign-on� checkbox on
the notify went away and I don�t know where the "No password with NDS"
check box should be coming up. I am still prompted for a password.
Thanks
Tim

> tim@holcombbhs.org wrote:
>
> > I have just upgraded from client 4.9.0 to 4.9.1. Under 490 I was able
> > to check the �Single Sign on� button on my groupwise notify (6.5.4)
> > and not have it ask for the password every time. Now that I have
> > loaded 491 I check the box but it doesn�t have an affect. I have
> > checked the �Single sign on� check box in the clients properties.
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks much
> > Tim
>
> If you ain't using secure login, then delete the file named nwsso.dll
> in system32, and the old "No password with NDS" will reapear again.
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Tommy Mikkelsen
>
> IT Quality A/S
> Denmark
>
> Novell Support Forums SYSOP
>
> Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn
>
> Sorry, but no support through email
>
> "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

0
tim
5/27/2005 1:18:53 PM
Same screen ;-)

If this option isn't avail now, it's because it isn't enabled by the GW
admin @ the domain, PO or User level

This is done from ConsoleOne, by right-clicking on one of the above,
and select Client Options/ Security

You'll then have to run a fix on the mailbox with the option "Reset
Client Options"

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0
Tommy
5/27/2005 1:44:59 PM
Just to add to that, note that the "Enable Single Sign-On" checkbox on
the "Single Sign-On" tab of the Novell Client Properties is not
something that controls "allow other applications to use Single
Sign-On".

Although its not made very clear, the "Enable Single Sign-On" setting
in the Novell Client Properties is for controlling whether the Novell
Client itself will use Single Sign-On, for the purposes of saving and
retrieving a password (from the NDS user's Secret Store) for the
Windows user account.

Typically this feature is used when then a non-password method of
logging into NDS is being used (i.e. NMAS along with a biometric or
smart card solution), such that the user will not be prompted for
their Windows account password after they successfully use a
non-password method of authenticating to NDS.

So just be aware that turning on the "Enable Single Sign-On" setting
in the Novell client may be having an effect other than what you might
have been expecting.

tim@holcombbhs.org wrote:

> I have just upgraded from client 4.9.0 to 4.9.1. Under 490 I was able to
> check the �Single Sign on� button on my groupwise notify (6.5.4) and not
> have it ask for the password every time. Now that I have loaded 491 I check
> the box but it doesn�t have an affect. I have checked the �Single sign on�
> check box in the clients properties.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks much
> Tim

Alan Adams, MCNE
0
Alan
5/27/2005 3:09:41 PM
To clarify

GW Client

Tools/Options/Security

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0
Tommy
5/30/2005 11:03:55 AM
I see the check box in the client but it is gray, I made the changes in
console one and told it to reset my accounts settings but it didn�t change.
Do you know if having ldap auth will interfere with this? I guess this has
become more of a GroupWise thread issue.

Thanks for all your help
Tim

> Same screen ;-)
>
> If this option isn't avail now, it's because it isn't enabled by the GW
> admin @ the domain, PO or User level
>
> This is done from ConsoleOne, by right-clicking on one of the above,
> and select Client Options/ Security
>
> You'll then have to run a fix on the mailbox with the option "Reset
> Client Options"
>

> --
> Best Regards
>
> Tommy Mikkelsen
>
> IT Quality A/S
> Denmark
>
> Novell Support Forums SYSOP
>
> Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn
>
> Sorry, but no support through email
>
> "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

0
tim
5/31/2005 3:27:09 PM
tim@holcombbhs.org wrote:

> I guess this has
> become more of a GroupWise thread issue.

:-)

Type your old password, and hit the TAB

Then the dialog will become enabled.

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0
Tommy
5/31/2005 8:30:30 PM
Great! That did it! Thanks for sticking with me!
Tim

> tim@holcombbhs.org wrote:
>
> > I guess this has
> > become more of a GroupWise thread issue.
>

> :-)
>

> Type your old password, and hit the TAB
>
> Then the dialog will become enabled.
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Tommy Mikkelsen
>
> IT Quality A/S
> Denmark
>
> Novell Support Forums SYSOP
>
> Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn
>
> Sorry, but no support through email
>
> "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

0
tim
6/1/2005 8:51:13 PM
You're welcome

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0
Tommy

4.1 client 4.9 on xp
I have been installing 4.9 client using just ipx fine for a few months. I tried to upgrade a user with 4.9 client and get an error saying cannot access tree when i try and choose a context. It lets me choose the tree fine. I have 2 trees, a corporate one and a test one. The pc can see servers on the test one, but not the corporate one. Any ideas. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, even went back to client 4.8.3 and still does not work. Currently have 4.9 installed as ipx only. Thank you While 4.9 SP1A with IPX only should work, given the 4.11 ne...

Client not mapping drives XP Pro Client 4.83sp1
I am having a problem getting any novell client on an XP Pro machine mapping drives. I have tried every client from 4.83 sp1 through the current beta. I have tried re-installing the clients with every install option, but it will not map any drives for ANY client. Untill 5-28-2004 I have never had this problem with any other computer on location. This is happening to any new (new or reloaded with a fresh copy of xp). Other 25 computers on site work fine, acconts log in on other computers ok, but any new copmuter I try to log in will not map drives. Is there something real...

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

Netware 4.0 Compatibility with Client 4.9 on XP
My server is running NetWare 4.0 and all of my Windows 98 workstations (running client 3.32) are able to login perfectly fine. I just got a new P4 Windows XP workstation though and installed the XP client 4.9 sp2, and that one will not login at all, it doesn't even show the tress or server in the advanced tab. Does anyone know how this could be corrected? Make sure to run the installation with 'Custom' 'IPX Only' options. Also, v4.9 is not the recommended client for NetWare4.x - you should uninstall it and install this client: http://www.novell.com/coolsol...

Netware 4.1 and XP Client
Hello folks, I recently fired up an old (1997) Proliant server running Netware 4.1. Amazingly, all drives booted just fine after the drives were reseated. I can get onto this beast just fine from DOS, but I'm having a tough time with the XP client. I downloaded the 4.83 client, as this seemed to be the general recommendation. I can't get this client to see the server or the tree. I can't remember what the tree is supposed to be, anyway. I've made sure at this point that both IP and IPX are loaded and tweaked the IPX so NLSP is also running. The workstation can pi...

Netware client 4.9 on XP
I setup a new Dell XP workstation as always. I added a static IP for it, added it to the Windows 2000 domain, then installed the client. I started with the 4.8 client but it has 4.9 on it now. When I log into the workstation it prompts that no domain controller is available. I know that it is and it is only a problem with this workstation. If I choose workstation only it will loging and I have access to all of the Windows 2000 servers. It has to be a client issue and is only with this newest workstation. Any ideas?? Try if the problem also exists with SP1: ...

problem between xp home/netware client 4.83sp2 & win95 clients
This may not even be down to Netware, but I am trying to eliminate certain factors. we have 3 older PCs running Win95 v4.00.95b and the original Netware 32 client (it came with Intranetware 4.11) and one new machine that has WinXP Home and the Netware client 4.83sp2. At first everything was fine, then we had a problem with the new machine and we ended up re-installing XP Home and fitting a new network card. This seemed to be OK for a few days when we noticed these 3 older PCs started to lock up, with explorer.exe not responding and we had to switch them off to get them ...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

Remove Netware Client 4.9 on Windows XP
I use a unattend.txt to do the install. Then I edit that file and add the DoRemove=YES and it looks like it works. But at the end I get a error saying: "The installation was not completed successfully". But if I reboot then it looks like everything is gone. I need some way of removing the client from about 800 workstations, and I would like some way of scripting it. I did a search on CoolSolutions and the knowledgebase and did not really come up with anything that helped. Thanks, Greg Marcom marcom@purdue.edu Technical Support Administrator Purdue University ...

Netware 5.1 and Client 4.9 SP1a
If I install the latest client it will not give me access a a volume which does not has compression and file allocation. Any ideas what the problem could be ??? Thanks in advance. Bruce Bruce, NSS or traditional volume? If NSS, you should consider SP7 for NetWare 5.1 or at least SP6 with the latest NSS update. Can you verify NMAS is not set to be used during authentication or installed at all? Prevent NMAS Authentication from being enabled while installing the Novell Client 4.90 for NT/2000/XP http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086934.htm You may ...

Client 4.9 SP2 and Netware 5.1 servers
I have a problem that no one seems to know how to fix. I have some brand new machines running Windows XP Pro SP2 and I of course downloaded and installed Client 4.9 SP2 to connect them to our antiquated Netware 5.1 server. I was able to make this all work with XP Pro SP1 and Client 4.83, but with what I have now, all I get is an error saying "tree or server cannot be found". I have tried re-installing use IPX only, IP only, IP and IPX protocols and no luck. I have even tried turning off the Windows Firewall with no success. Any ideas to make this problem go away?...

Remote Access with Win XP and Netware Client 4.9?
I have a few XP laptops I'm trying to get working for home and the office. The laptops are running Novell Netware Client 4.9, and I got them working in the office, no problem. They had to be configured for IP and IPX, and it was a cinch to get going. We use a Netware Server for Groupwise, and other hosted shared applications. I figured the same login and password would work remotely, but it doesn't. Is there anything I have to do special to get this working? I heard about Remote Access Service (RAS), but I can't find it. betaphiwoozy, VPN is usually the best app...

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

Web resources about - Client 4.9.1 and groupwise client - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...