Client 2.0 SP1 for Windows 7 - Mapping fails until reinstall

Hey guys,

One of our desktop technicians reported that whenever he builds a
Windows 7 workstation, he has to reinstall the Novell Client in order
for drive mappings to work properly.  Has anyone else seen this?

Windows 7 Enterprise
Novell Client 2.0 SP1
Combination of NetWare 6.5 SP8 and OES servers
ZCM 10.3
Joined to Active Directory

Login script uses the MAP command in various forms:
MAP S:=.APPS_SERVER_APPS.SERVERS.ORG:
MAP ROOT O:=.SHARED.SERVERS.ORG\shared
MAP ROOT INS S16:=.APPS_SERVER_SYS.SERVERS.ORG\PUBLIC

etc

Jacob

--
pitcherj

pitcherj

I have same problem it seems more random not every computer. Whenever I
do notice that drives not mapping, an uninstall then reinstall novell
and they work again. SP2 is supposed to come out sometime and will prob
have that fixed.

--
hackztor
hackztor's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=69140

0
hackztor

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error #2
Name: D C DowDell Email: mailatapassion4jazzdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error Comments: Windows XP Home now displays "not found" type error when Firefox 2.0.0.7 is used as default windows browser accessing local files on machine. The files do exist and are found, but the alert is shown anyway. This never happened in previous builds of Firefox, and it started immediately after automatic upgrade. If Firefox is already open, then this error does not happen. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1...

D2009 on Windows Vista Business SP1 on VirtualBox 2.0.0 on Windows XP
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3f98.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" D2009 on Windows Vista Business SP1 on VirtualBox 2.0.0 on Windows XP SP3. Result when project is on mapped drive on shared host drive: --JivePart=_3f98.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="D2009OnVM.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="D2009OnVM.jpg" ew0KICAkUHJvamVjdCQNCiAgJF...

Client 2 SP1, Windows 7 Ultimate, Netware 6SP5
Hi, following problem with Windows 7 (Ultimate & UAC turned off. User with local Admin rights) and the Client 2 SP1: I have a programm called "Metro.exe" which I try to start from a mapped drive. The programm tries to open a special "licence" file called "metro.iuf". The programm starts fails because of "Cannot open metro.iuf"...so far so good. After that I checked the content of the directory with the explorer and found the following: For some files on the mapped drive the "Novell Rights tab" and the "Novell Info ta...

7.0.0 To 7.0.2 In Windows?
Longtime 5.5 user, just got 7.0.. Went first to update page to get latest patches. ALL the platforms EXCEPT Windows have a clearly marked: Adaptive Server Anywhere - Maintenance Release (English), Upgrade of 7.0.x to 7.0.2 Where under Windows it goes: Adaptive Server Anywhere - Emergency Bug Fix, Update of 7.0.2 to build 1462 7.0.2 09 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch Adaptive Server Anywhere - Emergency Bug Fix, Update of 7.0.1 to build 1176 7.0.1 14 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Adaptive Server Anywhere - Verified Bug Fixes, Update of 7.01 to build 1169 7.0.1 14 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch ...

Windows 7, Client 2.0 SP1, Multiple Users Logged In
Hey All, We have a lab environment here running Windows 7. In many cases, a student will walk away from the machine and leave it locked, or simply walk away and never log out, leaving their account logged in. With Windows 7's switch user feature, another user can log in and leave the other user's session running, but this will be a drain on system resources eventually. Is there a way to prevent multiple users from logging in at once, such that the machine must be rebooted forcefully in order for another user to log in, or is there actually a way with Windows 7 to fo...

update fail from 2.0.0.7 to 2.0.0.8
Name: sledge Email: qinzhih7120atsinadotcom Product: Firefox Summary: update fail from 2.0.0.7 to 2.0.0.8 Comments: After closing all the programs which can be closed, firefox always remind me that one file is in use and update fail. I can not find this damn file. Who can help me? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

2.0.0.6 and 2.0.0.7 updates work poorly on XP
The recent automatic update from ver. 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.7 on my Windows XP machine caused firefox to "hang up" quote a bit with long pause periods between mouse clicks and typing and returns. The problem seemed to get better when I uninstalled all of my extensions one by one. It makes me wonder if there is a problem with extensions with the new 2.0.0.7 update. (I did not have this problem on my Vista machine). It seemed that this problem was localized to my own machine until a friend called me today to ask for help with the same problem when their firefox browser running...

2.0.0.7 & Windows XP SP2 Bug?
I just downloaded 2.0.0.7 and I'm having a problem with the proper display of web pages in the browser. It's as if half the CSS is left behind or something. I'm running Windows XP SP2 on my PC. Has anyone had these problems? I never had a FF problem before. What gives? I am a Designer with a big job this weekend and I need the browser up & running. I tried clearing the cache, cookies, etc. from what I've read. Nothing. What else can I try? Please help. Mango On 10/17/07 2:46 PM, _user@domain.invalid_ spoke thusly: > I just downloaded 2.0.0.7 and I'...

Client 2 SP1 Windows 7 (IR3)
The company I am working for has just purchased a couple of new workstations with Windows 7 Professional installed. When I install the Client s SP1 IR3 and want to logon to the Novell Netware 6.5 SP8 server I get the following error: Error: Automatic Client Upgrade does not support this version of Windows. A logon script forces the user to run the acu.exe. Any idea whats causing this and what should be the sollution. Thanks, -- acbontekoe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sounds like the acu.exe is pointing to an old client ve...

Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error
Name: D C DowDell Email: mailatapassion4jazzdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error Comments: Windows XP Home now displays "not found" type error when Firefox 2.0.0.7 is used as default windows browser accessing local files on machine. The files do exist and are found, but the alert is shown anyway. This never happened in previous builds of Firefox, and it started immediately after automatic upgrade. If Firefox is already open, then this error does not happen. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1...

Java management console 6.5 sp1 and windows xp client 490 sp1 a #2
Hi, when i open the dns/dhcp management console 6.5 sp1 in my WS with 4.90 sp1a client , i can work view propierties of all the objects. But i can't make changes.When i close the management console windows xp crashes with a blue window. Anybody with this problem? Thanks Silvia Tormo Dpto. Informática Onda Cero Ramblas Diagonal,441 Barcelona (España) Telefono: +34934448000 Fax: +34934106662 Correo Electrónico : Stormo@ondarambla.es Silvia, Perhaps you didn't see my other message to you: In article <VA.0000262c.6f21381f@nscsysops.net>, Brad ...

XP sp1 & PowerBuilder 7.0.3.10180/8.0.2.9506
Prior to installing Windows XP sp1, I had no problems compiling to machine code (.exe & .dll) with 7.0.3. After sp1, every compile fails. The log states CGEN: Compiling then CGEN: Linking... cannot open xxx.obj : No such file or directory. I upgraded to 8.0.2 and the problem still exists. If I compile to .pdb's, everything is fine. Is there another log file that would show what could be happening? There's a document of troubleshooting machine code problems at http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=44536. However, the general feeling among the developer community is th...

Downgrade from 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 to 7.0.0
What would be the issues involved, and what steps would be needed to downgrade from either 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 back down to 7.0.0? Am I stuck with offloading the databases to flat files, uninstalling, installing the mandated version, and then re-importing the flat files? Any advice for this Sybase newbie would be much appreciated. Thanks. No issues, easy steps... I often switch between point releases simply by copying/renaming subdirectories of C:\Program Files\Sybase. Each time I install a new upgrade or EBF I make a copy of the subdirectory; on *this* laptop it now looks like ...

Any surprises upgrading 7.0.2 to 7.0.3? Can I revert back to 7.0.2?
Has anybody out there run into any issues going from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3? I've gone through the readme, but I was just curious if there were any surprises I should know about first. Is 7.0.3 any more stable? I'm really getting tired of the constant crashing under Win98SE. If I have problems with 7.0.3, can I revert to 7.0.2 by restoring a backup of the Sybase\Powerbuilder 7.0 and the Sybase\Shared\Powerbuilder folders? TIA - Dave I don't suppose you want to hear that you've been putting yourself through a year of torture since Sybase put out 7.0.2/C3 that really ...

Web resources about - Client 2.0 SP1 for Windows 7 - Mapping fails until reinstall - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

MacBook Air Software Reinstall USB Drive
I forgot that I had one of these with me, the USB Flash Drive for MacBook Air Software Reinstall Drive.

Survive a Compromised Password, Reinstall Windows Efficiently, and Build Your Own iPod - YouTube
This week on the podcast we're discussing the Windows 8 Release Preview, iOS 5.1.1's great new jailbreak, compromised passwords, and a lot more. ...

iOS 9 will delete apps to make room for upgrade, reinstall them later
Apple's iOS 9 will ask users if they want to delete apps to make room for the upgrade if their devices are short of space, then automatically ...

Hacking Team's malware uses UEFI rootkit to survive OS reinstalls
Surveillance software maker Hacking Team has provided its government customers with the ability to infect the low-level firmware found in laptops ...

Lion can reinstall itself over the Internet from the recovery partition
A little birdie of ours has managed to snap a page from an internal AppleCare manual detailing OS X Lion’s brand new recovery system, invoked ...

PSA: Latest Version Of Solid Explorer Requires Full Reinstall From New Play Store Listing, Brings Google ...
Solid Explorer Beta was released a few months ago, and was instantly a fabulous file management app. It's clever use of swipable columns and ...

How to erase and reinstall OS X on your Mac
... to other folks. If that’s you, take a read of the linked Apple support article. This is the officially sanctioned way to erase and reinstall ...

Ask Ars: Do I have to use the Mac App Store to reinstall Lion?
If you don't want to download Lion over your own pokey Internet connection, …

Format and Reinstall
architectural conjecture :: urban speculation :: landscape futures

Apple asks new phone users to reinstall iOS 8 after update glitches - Chicago Tribune
(Reuters) - Apple Inc broke its silence on complaints about bending iPhones, hours after withdrawing a glitch-ridden software update as the company ...