why do I get ipaddy/welcome/index.html when I thingk I should get ipaddy/index.html

I set the document root to vol1:/website (there is a folder there) The
folder contains index.html

When I try the site   by just entering the ipaddy  192.168.1.68  The
browser shows it trying  192.168.1.68/Welcome/index.html and it errors

Why? What did I miss?

If I do https://192.168.1.68    I go to the index.html page no problem.

If I manually type 192.168.1.68/index.html I get what I expect.

I am just stumped as to why it trys to serve up a Welcome folder

Is there a Cool Solution doc for setting up a realworld webserver.
Realworld I mean the things we all would/should do to setup a simple
webserver on our Novell boxes. Mainly changing the document root to
something other then SYS vol.
That seems to be my bigggest hurdle, (I contemplate the solution of just
having an index.html in the folder on the SYS vol that Netware uses for
Apache default that then has all of its links pointing to the WEBSITE
folder I have on VOL1

Thanks

Ron

0
westmdremove2
6/25/2005 4:38:16 AM
novell.netware.webserver 2692 articles. 0 followers. Follow

,
> Why? What did I miss?

The include statement in httpd.conf that includes the welcome stuff?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
6/25/2005 7:04:00 AM
No I don't think so.  I saw something on the board about remming that out
or you get Novell welcome stuff. I was getting that, and then fixed it.

This problem seems to be different (perhaps)
I have told the doc root to be  vol1:/website
in the website folder on vol1 there is index.html

if I creat a folder called welcome and then put the index.html in there I
also get the results I expect.
That is, if I put the ipaddy in a browser I get the index page I am
expecting (albeit redirected to ipaddy/welcome/index.html)

Its almost like my document root is vol1:/website/welcome
which I have verified to be just  vol1:/website

My experience here leads me to believe, there is more to creating your own
website on Netware then just changing the document root. There seems to be
a bunch of 'leftover' stuff in the httpd.conf files that needs cleaned up.
As I understand it, Netware installs 2 instances of Apach 1 for all of the
Server web based admin stuff and the other so you can create a website, why
 isn't the website version a nice simple clean instance of appache. Perhaps
the installer could even ask where to create the website. Or some sort of
1st run type of question asking where to create/save website files.
My problem is all based on the mindset that you don't store things on the
SYS Vol

perhaps would it be better to install a basic server and then install
apache later, does that give a 'basic' instance of Apache?

Thanks

> ,
> > Why? What did I miss?
> >
> The include statement in httpd.conf that includes the welcome stuff?
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
westmdremove2
6/25/2005 2:17:06 PM
,
> My experience here leads me to believe, there is more to creating your own
> website on Netware then just changing the document root. There seems to be
> a bunch of 'leftover' stuff in the httpd.conf files that needs cleaned up.

Depends on what you want/need. Many people like to use things like iFolder,
NetStorage etc.

> As I understand it, Netware installs 2 instances of Apach 1 for all of the
> Server web based admin stuff and the other so you can create a website, why
>  isn't the website version a nice simple clean instance of appache.

See above. The installation adds some stuff at the end of httpd.conf

> Perhaps
> the installer could even ask where to create the website. Or some sort of
> 1st run type of question asking where to create/save website files.
> My problem is all based on the mindset that you don't store things on the
> SYS Vol
>
> perhaps would it be better to install a basic server and then install
> apache later, does that give a 'basic' instance of Apache?

No. If you really want a clean apache, then create your own httpd.conf, using
the one you get when you download Apache from apache.org as a template and
use that instead of the httpd.conf modified by the installer.
..

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
6/25/2005 3:00:20 PM
I just did this at a client and Anders gave you the right answer.

In the sys:\apache2\conf\httpd.conf look for the following lines near
the end of the file:

# Include the welcome page configuration
Include "SYS:/adminsrv/webapps/welcome/web-inf/welcome-apache.conf"

Just add a poung sign (#) in front of the include to get rid of the
default web page of the welcome.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Novell Support Forum Volunteer Sysop

The future comes slowly, the present flies and the past stands still
forever
0
Timothy

Can cassini webserver configured to detect index.htm,index.html,home.html etc pages as startup page

nav.html and index.html
I am trying something different due to some user issues and I am stuck. I am not a web programmer so I am playing with something with limited knowledge. We redesigned the VPN pages (banner.html) to wait until tunnel is connected then send a frame redirect to the home.html to our internal portal page to stop out users from closing the VPN tunnel because it is in the way. We are consuming the parent window into the tunnel connection and re-opening the portal page with in that screen. Everything works except the nav.html. I have resized it, right clicked and changed the frame p...

HTML::TokeParser, get HTML
Hello all, I'm using this great module for parsing HTML files. But I run into trouble - I need get clear unchanged HTML code. Common example of using this module is (snippet): while(my $tag = $parser->get_tag('b')) { my $text = $parser->get_text(); last if $text =~ /^(this and that|or that and this)/i; } my $text = $parser->get_text('b', 'b'); in $text I have text, but it is according to docs: ....Any entities will be converted to their corresponding character.... And that's the problem. I need get unchanged HTML (no...

To Index or Not To Index or How To Index
Hello, I was wondering if someone knows a better way to explain how different indexes work. Such as, is it better to have an index with int type or char or varchar etc? Is it better to have composite indexes or indexes with individual columns? How does optimizer handle different indexes and what can we do help it? Indexes are very efficient most of the time but they can be quite detrimental to server's performance, if abused. Perhaps you know of a good article about indexing that you could share with us. Or, perhaps Mr. Rob Verschoor would like to issue an article in his very usefu...

how to get ip address of user who is visting my homepage i.e.,index.html
Hi Everybody,                          Here i want to get ip address or domain name of the system where my website is visited.I need this when the user vistied my homa page that is index.html.Thanks in advance,GiriBabu Ponnaganti. Hi GiriBabu,Welcome to the ASP.NET Forums.The UserHostAddress Property of the Request object provides the IP address of the requesting client machine. The UserHostName is supposed to provide the DNS name of the requesting client machine, ho...

how to get html content from html file
 I have html file.I want to get it's content along with the html structure.how can i get that???i m using ABCPDF to generate pdf. http://forums.asp.net/p/958256/1183436.aspxTUFAN01MAN...

iFrame/HTML Editor/Get HTML
Hi, So here's a problem I've been working tirelessly to solve. I have an iFrame that I've sent up as an in-page editor so users can format their threads/replies/tags.  I have it working, however I can't seem to figure out how to extract the HTML from the iFrame into the code behind so I can save it to the DB.  Javascript won't let me hit the DB and if I set up the iFrame to runat server then my Javascript that sets the iFrame to designMode doesn't work.  So, I either need to find a way to use the code behind to turn the iFrame's designMode on, or ...

Name: vvaow Email: tbaeaatpohuidotcom Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: <a href= http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index.html|space interceptor project freedom elegance ></a> [url=http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index.html|space interceptor project freedom elegance ][/url] <a href= http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index1.html|space interceptor project freedom screenshots ></a> [url=http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index1.html|space interceptor project freedom screenshots ][/url] <a href= http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index2....

Name: cpkec Email: axmgcatpohuidotcom Product: Bon Echo Summary: <a href= http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index.html|space interceptor project freedom elegance ></a> [url=http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index.html|space interceptor project freedom elegance ][/url] <a href= http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index1.html|space interceptor project freedom screenshots ></a> [url=http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index1.html|space interceptor project freedom screenshots ][/url] <a href= http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index2.html|ant...

Name: rpttp Email: idkepatmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: <a href= http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index.html|space interceptor project freedom elegance ></a> [url=http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index.html|space interceptor project freedom elegance ][/url] <a href= http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index1.html|space interceptor project freedom screenshots ></a> [url=http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index1.html|space interceptor project freedom screenshots ][/url] <a href= http://pelican-bulletin.info/travelfe/index2.html|antiq...

Getting the Html of the page which uses Html.RenderPartial
I am trying to get the  generated HTML of the corresponding aspx page.I am using Html.RenderPartial to render some custom controls. Custom Controls are with in <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" EnableViewState="true" runat="server"> </asp:Content> Whenever i try to get it using   ContentPlaceHolder cph = (ContentPlaceHolder)this.Page.Master.FindControl("MainContent"); I get the following error: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or ...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Debugging HTML, CSS: How to get snapshot of current HTML?
 I have problems in IE that don't happen in Firefox or other browers.  Is there a tool I can use in IE that will give me the source that is currently on the page?  I find AJAX bug debugging nearly impossible when I can't see what is currently on the page.  When you right click and do View Source it only gives you what loaded on the page when you first load the page.  ThanksJoe Zenhttp://www.howtobeterrorist.comhttp://blog.joezen.com Hi,in IE8 there's an integrated web developer tool. Perhaps that can already get you to what you're after. However, di...

How to get indexed?
Hello - not sure where to post this, but I'd like to know (short of paying/bidding on certain search engines) how to get my site indexed/listed on/with the better known search engines. I have applied to Google to be indexed a few weeks ago, and MSN as well as to a local one here where I live, but still no joy when I search my site's name. Can anyone point me to a specific engine/site that "will" index you (or at least give really good tips on how to get indexed faster) so that Google's/MSN's bots will find it index you too. This was way easier years ago whe...

Web resources about - why do I get ipaddy/welcome/index.html when I thingk I should get ipaddy/index.html - novell.netware.webserver