Index files on another server

Hi all, I see some others have asked this but didn't get a full
answer.

I have just installed a new NW6 SP2 server with Web search Server on
it.
The idea is we will use this one server to Index our other 3 NW5.1
servers
that do not have Web Search server installed.

I can not get this to work, I have tried all possible UNC combinations
point at the other servers but the only thing I can index is the
server
that hosts Web search.

The documentation hints that it can search other servers but gives no

detailed info about how to set this up.

Cheers
David.

0
david
6/23/2003 2:21:30 AM
novell.netware.webserver 2692 articles. 0 followers. Follow

,
> The documentation hints that it can search other servers but gives
no
> detailed info about how to set this up.

There is a TID:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10076994.htm

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG
6/23/2003 7:25:31 PM
Cheers, I had guessed that I may need to mount the remote volume
locally,
only I can not find anything about how to do this.

I have looked on the net and I am downloading the full Doc's for NW6.

Do you know where I can find out how to Mount the remote volume?

Many Thanks
David.

> ,
> > The documentation hints that it can search other servers but gives
no
> > detailed info about how to set this up.
> >
> There is a TID:
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10076994.htm

> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
david
6/24/2003 4:05:16 AM
,
> Do you know where I can find out how to Mount the remote volume?

Never tried it. Possibly through NFS. Let me check.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG
6/24/2003 6:52:54 AM
OK, I'm getting somewhere, I have mounted the servers volume locally
as a
DFS Junction. I can access this volume using Netstorage so I know its

there.
However I still can't Index it. The Pointer file is indexed but Web
won't index the actual remote Volume Data.

Any more tips,

Cheers
David.

> ,
> > Do you know where I can find out how to Mount the remote volume?
> >
> Never tried it. Possibly through NFS. Let me check.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
david
6/25/2003 4:44:11 AM
,
> I have mounted the servers volume locally as a
> DFS Junction.

How does that volume show up in the local filesystem?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG
6/25/2003 10:31:21 AM
Looking at it with Windows explorer its just a file with no extention
that
goes nowhere.
Using Netstorage it is a directory that you can open and see the whole

Volume.

It should be veiwable using CIFS and the Windows Explorer but its not.

I now have a Support Call open for this as well.

Cheers
David.

> ,
> > I have mounted the servers volume locally as a
> > DFS Junction.
>
> How does that volume show up in the local filesystem?
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
david
6/26/2003 4:09:15 AM
Does this apply:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10072008.htm

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG
6/26/2003 10:39:29 AM
Not really, I don't mind having the DFS at the root of the volume. I
think
I have the Support guys stumped, they have only said they would try
and
find out if its possible to do, and that was 3 days ago.

Cheers
David.

> Does this apply:
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10072008.htm

> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
david
6/27/2003 1:55:17 AM
,
> and that was 3 days ago.

OK. If nothing happens,. Then give me the incident number and I will
nudge.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG

Migrating iPrint from one Netware server to another Netware server
I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5. I am rebuilding one of the servers. I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it Netware 6.5 SP3. I have iPrint running on the server that I am rebuilding. I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that I am going to have. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks Jason Roggentien There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping and rebuilding, etc. The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager. The NDPS Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, et...

Copy files from one server to webserver (Server & Webserver are in different Domain)
Dear Members, I have to copy files from Server A to Server B. Where B is an Webserver. Both Servers are in different domains. I saw One source that Server A to Webserver Using Impersonate from Asp.Net Forums.But I want solutions for servers located in different domains. Please give me suggestion. with regards, Doni. Hey,You could use FTP to transfer files between servers. .net has dedicated classes to give you this functionality:http://www.devasp.net/net/articles/display/280.html...

submitting an XML file to a server, saving the file on the server and reposting the data to another url
I apologize in posting what is quite likely obvious to many - I kept looking in the forums but could' nt find a parallel - please point me in the right direction. 1. I need to upload an XML file to a server ( This is sort of complete) The code that has been used is <% Set xmlDoc = CreateObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument.5.0") Set xmlHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.5.0") xmlDoc.validateOnParse = True xmlDoc.async = False xmlDoc.load("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test\PO.XML") xmlHTTP.open ("POST", "http://www.something.com/Ord...

ASP files on a file server, not the webserver
I work in a government facility. Our government server administrators do not allow me to place files directly on the webserver, Instead, I place files (classic ASP) in a designated directory on a networked file server (UNIX running NetApps) and the administrators have somehow setup the webserver (Windows 2003 server) to point to that directory and serve up the classic ASP pages. I'd like to start using ASP.NET 2.0, but I'm wondering if the pages will work in this environment? Does the web.config page have to reside on the web server itself? Thank you. Dr. Jack Evan HughesDr. Jac...

Netware 6.5 WebSearch indexing files on a remote server
--____GGCZMQTQSJGVRBCKPFUG____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What is the best/easiest way to enable searching an index on one Netware = Server for files on a second Netware server? I have seen people talking = about using NFS Gateway, and also creating and index on the second machine = then copying the index to the first server. Does anything need to be done = on the first server to be able to search this index? Thanks for any suggestions. Brian --____GGCZMQTQSJGVRBCKPFUG____ Content-Type: multipart/related; bounda...

Opening a file on another file server.
Hi, How can I via Asp.Net open a file by either opening it in the user's web browser or streaming it to the user's browser with an open / save dialog option? Only catch is that the file is not on the web server but rather on another file server to which the user has access to.I.W Coetzer To open a file in the browser... ....................................................... string path = @"C:\Swift3D.pdf"; WebClient client = new WebClient(); Byte[] buffer = client.DownloadData(path); if (buffer != null) { Response....

Needing to set up Web Search to index files on another server
--____GPEAQFYWEUDBVPXOOJFY____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anybody know how to go about setting up Web Search that comes with = Netware 6.5 to index files on a different Netware 6.5 server in the same = tree. Documentationt talks about using the NFG gateway, but the only one = for NW6.5 that I can find is in Beta. What do I need to do to get this up = an running and is it possible? THanks for any direction. Brian --____GPEAQFYWEUDBVPXOOJFY____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____TALIPDAOFBG...

how to replicate the files from one server to another server
Hi, I am new to server side.Could you please tell me how to replicate the files from one server to another server. Here is the Situation like i will upload video files into one folder in  server very often.I want to replicate those files into another server into one folder.Whenever there is any new file will be there in first server or any updated file is there those files(& updated files) will be replicated in another server. How could i achieve this. Could you suggest me on this. you can use robocopy or robocopy GUI http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc160891.aspx &n...

Salvage Files in Netware 6 SP5 file server
Folks, I'm having a issue where Im no longer able to salvage file thru NWadmin32 or filer how do I go about salvaging files that have been deleted? Your Assistance is very much appreciated. David Right click on the directory in Explorer Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave, Ok im comfused, I have tried that also, lets say I delete a test file today, if I try to salvage a the file it wont find it except for stuff from December 6th 2004 and thats it. Trust me Salvage used to work fine just has...

Move files from a web server to another web server
I am migriting my site from asp.3.0 to asp.net and I am used to simply copy files from my dev server to production server when my files are ready to go public. With asp.net I can't do that. What do I need to do before and after I copy my files to the production server to make it work. You can do a simple copy with .NET as well. You can copy all the files and directory structs but you only need the .ASPX, .ASCX, the DLL in the bin directory along with your other 'support' files. Also note that there is a 'copy project' option in VS.NET which will do the above.Mike Schellenberger - MCAD...

How make a query in terms of File Index value in Index Server ?
I'm writing a Search Query in Index Server SQL language. but not able to get the index value of any document in the Index Server. As this code            strQuery = "Select Filename,PATH from Scope() where FREETEXT('" +strsearchstrings+ "')";             string connstring = "Provider=MSIDXS.1;Integrated Security .='';Data Source="+strCatalog; as shown in the example above i want make a query in in terms of Index of the doc file stored in the Index Server.Is it possible? I tried but its not working out I dont know where the probl...

deleting lines from a text file using index from another file
--Boundary_(ID_WiLDaIL1yOoYbmifsaglNA) Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT Hello all, I need to do something, but being new to Perl I'm not sure it's possible or how to do it. I need to remove lines of information from a text file based on information in another file. The first file contains information about some business transactions, each line describing one transaction. The second file is a log file reporting errors occurred during some processing done on the first file. The log file identifies each transaction that failed by its ...

To Reinstall Netware 6 BM to Netware File Server NDS
Our Netware 6 File Server crashed and was reinstalled and data restored. However, all new users created post Server reinstallation do not replicate to BM NDS, hence do not authenticate to the BM for Internet access. Please, I am stranded here...any help from colleagues. This is a SOS. I have tried synchronization from DSrepair, unattanded DSrepair, but got an error code: -634 (could not find net address). Do I need to reinstall the BM on the Server NDS and if yes, how do I go about it? Please address the issue of licence if it is reinstalled, what objects would be removed from th...

File Upload on file server not on webserver, by using web application C#
I know how to upload files on webserver, but when trying to upload a file on different machine getting  error I am trying with FileUpLoad1.SaveAs(@"\\enterprise\LeadsUpload" + FileUpLoad1.FileName);getting error Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.  please help.DostMy website The server services authentication credentials don't have access to your unc path. Why not create a virtual path under you webserver that points to the unc provide the necessary credentials and then write to that path versus the unc path.  Which would also b...

Web resources about - Index files on another server - novell.netware.webserver

Watch: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler Bring Sarah Palin, Hillary Clinton Back to ‘SNL’
While the Democratic debate was raging on Saturday night, Hillary Clinton was also appearing somewhere else — in fact, two Hillary Clintons were. ...

French Airliner Makes Emergency Landing in Kenya After ‘False Alarm’
The Air France flight was en route to Paris when a passenger reported finding a suspicious device in the bathroom.

Notorious Hezbollah militant 'killed in Israeli raid'
A Lebanese militant notorious for the murder of three Israelis, including a four-year-old girl, has been killed in an Israeli air raid near the ...

27 missing after landslide at industrial park in China: state media
At least 27 people are missing after a landslide at an industrial park in southern China, state media says.

NYC Mayor, Police Boss Mark Year Since 2 Officers Were Slain
NYC mayor, police commissioner to dedicate plaque to mark year since 2 officers were slain

Auburn Deputy Mayor Salim Mehajer to be charged with electoral fraud offences
Controversial Auburn City Council Deputy Mayor Salim Mehajer is served with a court attendance notice for alleged electoral fraud offences.

The Latest: Podemos party leader hails 'historic' Spain vote
MADRID (AP) — The latest developments on Spain's general election. All times local.

'Remember his name': Knoxville teen killed by gunfire praised for sacrifice
Knoxville News Sentinel 'Remember his name': Knoxville teen killed by gunfire praised for sacrifice Knoxville News Sentinel Zack Dobson, bottom ...

Just-win Jets top Cowboys 19-16, keep heat on AFC contenders
Albuquerque’s source for local news and live streaming video online. KRQE reports on news, weather, traffic, investigations and sports for New ...

Delhi gangrape: Protests at India Gate as juvenile offender is released; Jyoti’s mother injured during ...
Questioning the role of the Centre and Delhi government, the parents of the victim asked why they did not take action earlier to stop the imminent ...