Crawler Index and FIle Index

I have setup the Apache web services as well as Quickfinder for my Netware 
6.5 server.
The Crawler works fine, finds all the hits I am looking for and opens the 
file on my data volume.
However, when I setup a File System Index it does not open anything.
I have double checked my paths and syntex.
The thing that I have noticed is that when I search for a file with the 
Crawler index and highlight the file, the path at the bottom of my browser 
is like the following example.
http://myserver/comp/docs/myfile. showing the server name not an IP 
address, which is fine and works!

However, my file system index file shows a different path syntex when I 
highlight a file it has found. I.E.
http://192.168.12.5/test/myfile
The File System Index shows a path with the IP address of the server.
The test in the path is my Corresponding URL Prefix.
My Server path is correct, as far as I can see I.E.
data:/apps/comp/docs/
When I try to open this file I get the following response,
ERROR 404 referencing mod_jk/1.2.14

Crawler works, File System Index does not.
Although the File System Index does successfully generate an index that is 
searchable I cannot open the file. Always get a 404 error, no matter what 
I change command and syntex wise in my File System setup.
Suggestions?
0
p3rf3ct10n
2/19/2007 6:36:34 PM
novell.netware.webserver 2692 articles. 0 followers. Follow

2 Replies
619 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

OK. So "test" is your "URL Prefix"? in that case, "test/dir/blah.doc" is 
not a valid URL, so QF prepends http.... Set your URL Prefix for the 
file system index to http://myserver/comp or whatever you need to create 
a working URL.

p3rf3ct10n@hotmail.com wrote:

> I have setup the Apache web services as well as Quickfinder for my Netware 
> 6.5 server.
> The Crawler works fine, finds all the hits I am looking for and opens the 
> file on my data volume.
> However, when I setup a File System Index it does not open anything.
> I have double checked my paths and syntex.
> The thing that I have noticed is that when I search for a file with the 
> Crawler index and highlight the file, the path at the bottom of my browser 
> is like the following example.
> http://myserver/comp/docs/myfile. showing the server name not an IP 
> address, which is fine and works!
> 
> However, my file system index file shows a different path syntex when I 
> highlight a file it has found. I.E.
> http://192.168.12.5/test/myfile
> The File System Index shows a path with the IP address of the server.
> The test in the path is my Corresponding URL Prefix.
> My Server path is correct, as far as I can see I.E.
> data:/apps/comp/docs/
> When I try to open this file I get the following response,
> ERROR 404 referencing mod_jk/1.2.14
> 
> Crawler works, File System Index does not.
> Although the File System Index does successfully generate an index that is 
> searchable I cannot open the file. Always get a 404 error, no matter what 
> I change command and syntex wise in my File System setup.
> Suggestions?
0
AndersG
2/19/2007 6:43:54 PM
> OK. So "test" is your "URL Prefix"? in that case, "test/dir/blah.doc" is 
> not a valid URL, so QF prepends http.... Set your URL Prefix for the 
> file system index to http://myserver/comp or whatever you need to create 
> a working URL.
> 
> p3rf3ct10n@hotmail.com wrote:
> 
> > I have setup the Apache web services as well as Quickfinder for my 
Netware 
> > 6.5 server.
> > The Crawler works fine, finds all the hits I am looking for and opens 
the 
> > file on my data volume.
> > However, when I setup a File System Index it does not open anything.
> > I have double checked my paths and syntex.
> > The thing that I have noticed is that when I search for a file with 
the 
> > Crawler index and highlight the file, the path at the bottom of my 
browser 
> > is like the following example.
> > http://myserver/comp/docs/myfile. showing the server name not an IP 
> > address, which is fine and works!
> > 
> > However, my file system index file shows a different path syntex when 
I 
> > highlight a file it has found. I.E.
> > http://192.168.12.5/test/myfile
> > The File System Index shows a path with the IP address of the server.
> > The test in the path is my Corresponding URL Prefix.
> > My Server path is correct, as far as I can see I.E.
> > data:/apps/comp/docs/
> > When I try to open this file I get the following response,
> > ERROR 404 referencing mod_jk/1.2.14
> > 
> > Crawler works, File System Index does not.
> > Although the File System Index does successfully generate an index 
that is 
> > searchable I cannot open the file. Always get a 404 error, no matter 
what 
> > I change command and syntex wise in my File System setup.
> > Suggestions?


That took care of it, thanks!!
0
p3rf3ct10n
2/21/2007 6:01:40 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

To Index or Not To Index or How To Index
Hello, I was wondering if someone knows a better way to explain how different indexes work. Such as, is it better to have an index with int type or char or varchar etc? Is it better to have composite indexes or indexes with individual columns? How does optimizer handle different indexes and what can we do help it? Indexes are very efficient most of the time but they can be quite detrimental to server's performance, if abused. Perhaps you know of a good article about indexing that you could share with us. Or, perhaps Mr. Rob Verschoor would like to issue an article in his very usefu...

To Index or not to Index (that is the question...)
I'd like to clear up an assumption I have. If I have a Primary Key Constraint on a Table I assume that I will not need to create an Index on the field(s) of the constraint as the action of creating the primary key constraint produces what is the equivalent of an Index (be the constraint clustered or not). Is this the case? Also I'm looking to Pivot some data, are there any SQL tricks etc. I should be aware of to be able to do this (I've searched the Newsgroups for 'Pivot' but don't understand any of the answers posted - some SQL examples would be gr...

index server not indexing
Ok, so I want to add a catalog to the index server. I can add the new catalog, I then add a directory to this catalog. I restart the index server, and merge the index. If I click the index server, in mmc, it shows 0 documents for everything. Everything meaning documents to index, total docs, docs defered for indexing and so on.  I've tried this on vista as well as on win2003 and the same result is obtained, no documents are indexed. In win2003 I can index document, but ONLY the ones in the default catalog, if I paste some documents there they get indexed. So, what have I don...

How make a query in terms of File Index value in Index Server ?
I'm writing a Search Query in Index Server SQL language. but not able to get the index value of any document in the Index Server. As this code            strQuery = "Select Filename,PATH from Scope() where FREETEXT('" +strsearchstrings+ "')";             string connstring = "Provider=MSIDXS.1;Integrated Security .='';Data Source="+strCatalog; as shown in the example above i want make a query in in terms of Index of the doc file stored in the Index Server.Is it possible? I tried but its not working out I dont know where the probl...

Basic Index question :- nonclusted indexes which are a subset of a clustered index
Can anyone suggest why I would have the following set of indices upon a table: index1 clustered, unique field1,field,field3,fiel4 index2 nonclustered field2,field3, field4 index3 nonclustered field,field2,field4 The table is one into which a lot of inserts are done, so I would have thought that index2 & 3 would be unncessary since they're (1) already in the clustered index and (2) any inserts would triple the amount of index updates that are required... Are these assumptions correct ? Thanks in advance, Steve Hi, if you have a...

QF Index File was not found-need to regenerate index (Err C080)
QF Index File was not found-need to regenerate index (Err C080) If I have one server with a POA loaded to do indexing for a postoffice on a different server, can I do a Ctrl Shift Q on the indexing server to regenerate indexes and get rid of the above error I am seeing on the indexing POA screen? All agents are version 6.5.3 Or would I use F10/Actions/Quickfinder/Delete and Regenerate all Indexes to do this? Seems like somewhere I read that Ctrl Shift Q on GW 6.x does not work anymore. Thanks in advance! It should work fine Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS...

index file
Hi, I would like to know how many times the adaptive server index the file? Does the "full text search engine" search on internet? Thanx Joe EAServer doesnt include a full text engine. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division <joe> wrote in message news:3FDDC5E690968E06005542218525698A.0055422F8525698A@webforums... > Hi, > > I would like to know how many times the adaptive server index > the file? > Does the "full text search engine" search on internet? > > Thanx > > Joe Take a look at Fulcrum or Verity. ...

Index Files
What would happen if someone deletes the IDX files from OFUERSINDEX? Things get broken. These are all the quick finder indexes and without those, performance is very poor and there will be a bunch of errors. To recreate them, try this TID http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10066601&sliceId=&dialogID=34257029&stateId=0%200%2034255235 On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:10:06 GMT, dtom@fresno.edu (dtom) wrote: >What would happen if someone deletes the IDX files from OFUERSINDEX? > Tim ___________________ Tim Heywood (...

Index file
Hello all, I have Apache running on one of my 6 servers. I have added pictures many times to our internal site and create tables to show them. How can I just show them as an index file would? I really don't want to have to create more tables. I hope this makes sense. Thanks, Jay Jay, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.no...

Placing indexes in index table
I have an Oracle 8.1.7 database and right now when I have Power Designer 9.5 create the script to create the database, the indexes have no tablespace attached to them, so they are placed in the USERS tablespace. Can someone explain to me the steps that need to be performed to have the indexes to into the INDX tablespace? Thanks. STeve Look at the Index properties dialog box, and select the Options tab. From there you should be able to specify everything that you need for the index. If you want to change all existing indexes at once, click on Database -> Default Physical Op...

Netware 6.5 WebSearch indexing files on a remote server
--____GGCZMQTQSJGVRBCKPFUG____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What is the best/easiest way to enable searching an index on one Netware = Server for files on a second Netware server? I have seen people talking = about using NFS Gateway, and also creating and index on the second machine = then copying the index to the first server. Does anything need to be done = on the first server to be able to search this index? Thanks for any suggestions. Brian --____GGCZMQTQSJGVRBCKPFUG____ Content-Type: multipart/related; bounda...

File index
I don't know if this is in the correct forum thread, but here goes...  I am looking for .net code that will index files in a folder at a scheduled time and display the names of the file in an interface.  What I am more specifically needing is when someone FTP video, image, or text files that the "program" kicks off and scans the file names in the folder.  The file names are then listed in an XML file.  After that, we can take it from there as far as preparing that stuff for our purposes.  I've seen it done before, so can anyone offer...

Index Name from Index ID
Hi there, Have an error reported in log and I want to find the index name, the error has provided the database name and table name but only the index id. Is there any easy way of doing this ? Thanks, Mully "mully" <niallpmullan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1193139772.411602.109710@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > Have an error reported in log and I want to find the index name, the > error has provided the database name and table name but only the index > id. Is there any easy way of doing this ? > > Thanks, >...

Can cassini webserver configured to detect index.htm,index.html,home.html etc pages as startup page
 ...

Web resources about - Crawler Index and FIle Index - novell.netware.webserver

Web crawler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the search engine of the same name, see WebCrawler . For the fictional robots called Skutters, see Red Dwarf characters#The Skutters . This ...

Alpine Crawler HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Alpine Crawler HD on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Crawler Town - an album on Flickr
Crawler town roams the barren wastes of a post steam-punk world after cataclysmic climate change do to excessive coal use. Several such cities ...

Mini Rock Crawler Built for a 5 year old - YouTube
A friend of mine bought this mini Jeep rock crawler for his 5 year old son and we decided a video HAD to be made. It's a custom made, one of ...

Kongregate Launches Dungeon Crawler Slashy Hero on Mobile
... games publisher Kongregate has announced the release of Slashy Hero on iOS and Android devices. Developed by The Gentlebros , the dungeon crawler ...

Taichi Panda Mixes Solid Dungeon Crawler Co-Op Gameplay With Action Controls And In-App Purchases
Apparently Blizzard isn't the only game developer that had a burst of inspiration after a late-night cable viewing of Kung Fu Panda. Taichi Panda ...

Puzzle-Like Dungeon Crawler Meets Random Roguelike In Dungeony
If you’re looking for another dungeon crawler to get lost in on your iOS device, look no further than Dungeony . Dungeony (stylized as “DUNGEONy”) ...

Fresh iPhone Apps for Feb. 1: Food Network update, BookPlayground, Dungeon Crawlers, Mystery of the Japanese ...
... for iOS, called The Skunk Who Couldn’t Spray. A couple of sharply written, witty titles make up today’s game selections: Dungeon Crawlers takes ...

Price Drop: Book Crawler
Book Crawler 6.0 Device: iOS Universal Category: Books Price: Free, Version: 6.0 ( iTunes ) Description: Forgot which books you have read? ...

BioWare halts development of four-on-one dungeon crawler Shadow Realms
... Realms , we hardly knew ye. Really, we didn't. It has been less than six months since the four-on-one, tabletop RPG-inspired dungeon crawler ...

Resources last updated: 12/10/2015 1:54:18 PM