Apache2 upgrade on Netware 6 server

I recently updated my server from Netware 6sp2 to sp4.  After this I
started messing with the enterprise web server for the first time.  Got
everything configured and working.  Started playing again today.  Tried
accessing the help files and kept getting errors so went to online
support.  Most everything there is for Apache2 and I am only running
1.3.29.  I want to upgrade but can not find any instructions on what to
do if you are already running Apache.  What needs to be unloaded?  What
needs to be modified?  Are there any documents out there dealing with this?

Thanks
Tony Perun

0
Tony
7/13/2004 8:38:33 PM
novell.netware.webserver 2692 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tony Perun,
> Most everything there is for Apache2 and I am only running
> 1.3.29.  I want to upgrade but can not find any instructions on what to
> do if you are already running Apache.  What needs to be unloaded?  What
> needs to be modified?  Are there any documents out there dealing with this?

If running on 6.0 then leace 1.3.x alone for the admin stuff and load a
separate instance of Apache2 in a separate address space. As for installing,
just create a SYS:Apache2 and unzip the apache files into that.

1. Make a copy of httpd.conf, name it myserver.conf
2. Edit it, putting in correct IP addresses and names
3. Create a myapache.ncf:

LOAD ADDRESS SPACE = MYAPACHE APACHE -f SYS:APACHE2\CONF\MYSERVER.CONF
(all on one line)

4. Run it

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG
7/13/2004 8:48:07 PM
AndersG wrote:

> Tony Perun,
>
>>Most everything there is for Apache2 and I am only running
>>1.3.29.  I want to upgrade but can not find any instructions on what to
>>do if you are already running Apache.  What needs to be unloaded?  What
>>needs to be modified?  Are there any documents out there dealing with this?
>>

> If running on 6.0 then leace 1.3.x alone for the admin stuff and load a
> separate instance of Apache2 in a separate address space. As for installing,
> just create a SYS:Apache2 and unzip the apache files into that.
>

> 1. Make a copy of httpd.conf, name it myserver.conf
> 2. Edit it, putting in correct IP addresses and names
> 3. Create a myapache.ncf:
>
> LOAD ADDRESS SPACE = MYAPACHE APACHE -f SYS:APACHE2\CONF\MYSERVER.CONF
> (all on one line)
>
> 4. Run it
>

> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

OK so I am not really upgrading then, I am just adding on?  Nothing
needs to be changed in the existing setup?  How does the server know to
use the apache2 instead of the apache directory if both are loaded?

I'm kind of new to the whole web server side of things with only a
little html and very little perl experience.  Most of my background is
repairing and configuring computers and hardware.  I also have a lot of
programming experience but most is DOS or VMS based.

Just think all this because I was just trying to figure out why
FancyIndexing wasn't showing up. :)

Thanks
Tony Perun

0
Tony
7/13/2004 9:22:54 PM
Tony Perun,
> OK so I am not really upgrading then, I am just adding on?  Nothing
> needs to be changed in the existing setup?  How does the server know to
> use the apache2 instead of the apache directory if both are loaded?

Yes. With NW 6.0 ans 6.5 the web admin stuff is better left alone. You control what is seen by binding apache to different addresses/ports. Please see:

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/netware/features/a_apache_bootcamp_nw.html
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/netware/features/a_apache_training_nw.html
http://developer.novell.com/research/appnotes/2001/february/02/a010202.pdf

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG
7/14/2004 8:44:12 AM
AndersG wrote:
> Tony Perun,
>
>>OK so I am not really upgrading then, I am just adding on?  Nothing
>>needs to be changed in the existing setup?  How does the server know to
>>use the apache2 instead of the apache directory if both are loaded?
>

> Yes. With NW 6.0 ans 6.5 the web admin stuff is better left alone. You control what is seen by binding apache to different addresses/ports. Please see:
>
> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/netware/features/a_apache_bootcamp_nw.html
> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/netware/features/a_apache_training_nw.html
> http://developer.novell.com/research/appnotes/2001/february/02/a010202.pdf
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

Thanks for the info.  The first article explains alot.  I kind of
figured out the need for a second IP address through trial and error.
Only problem is I don't currently have another address available.  Looks
like I am just going to leave things set up the way they were for now.
I found out there wasn't a problem to begin with.  I was assuming that
indexing being turned on would sort(index) the directory.  Found out it
just changes the way files are displayed not the order they are
displayed in.

Thanks
Tony Perun

0
Tony
7/14/2004 5:46:20 PM
Tony Perun,
> I kind of
> figured out the need for a second IP address through trial and error.

Well, techincally you could stop the admin apache instance from
listening on 80 and have apache2 do that.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG

NetWare 6.0sp5 upgrade to NetWare 6.5sp6 ABENDs server
Problem: The source of the problem is NFAP code in NFS. Sympton: Trying to mount 4-16-2007 10:20:13 am : Warning : Could not resolve 9:26:5:6 to a name /DATA1/LINUX/HOME. Mount will fail. Add an entry in hosts file or DNS. 4-16-2007 10:20:13 am : Warning : 192.168.0.233 Failed to mount /DATA1/LINUX/HOME using Mount version 1. Permission denied. 4-16-2007 10:20:18 am : Warning : Could not resolve 9:26:5:6 to a name /DATA1/LINUX/HOME. Mount will fail. Add an entry in hosts file or DNS. 4-16-2007 10:20:18 am : Warning : 192.168.0.233 Failed to mount /DATA1/LINUX/HOME using Mount...

Upgrading a Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5
I am part of a large tree. Before starting upgrade of Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5 I ran dsrepair and received no errors. During the Health check of the upgrade I received two warnings. They are Warning extend schema and repair schema. All the primary servers in the tree have already been upgraded to Netware 6.5. The admin of the primary servers control extend the schema. I am trying to find out if the warnings I received is something they need to repair or is there something else I need to do on my own server? I would appreciated any help I can get. Thanks Michel...

NetWare 6.0 and NetWare 6.6 SBS servers in same eDir
Hello We have a customer with two locations. In one location, they have a NetWare 6.6 SBS server and in the other a NetWare 6.0 server (no SBS). Is it possible to merge this two trees into one eDirectory ? I found a document, which tells that it is impossible to install NetWare 5.0 and NetWare 5.0 SBS into the same eDirectory. Does this still apply to NetWare 6 ? Thanks for your help. Andreas -- infop The licensing is different but should be able to merge these -- especially since the SBS server is at 6.5/6/6 -- licensing with SBS 6.5/6.6 is pretty much similar t...

Netware 6 to Netware 6 upgrade over wire fails
We got a failure when upgrading Netware 6 to a new Hardware. I use Mirgation Wizard 6.0, both servers include spack 4. But when i do the NDS Migration, it fails with error code: xfffffd60 at the end. On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:01:54 GMT, Knut.Schmaedt@kdg.de wrote: >We got a failure when upgrading Netware 6 to a new Hardware. >I use Mirgation Wizard 6.0, both servers include spack 4. >But when i do the NDS Migration, it fails with >error code: xfffffd60 at the end. TID 10084499 (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10084499.htm) seems to describe ...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

upgrade Netware 6 SP5 to Netware 6.5 SP5
We want to update a Netware 6 server to Netware 6.5 SP5. The server is running: eguide 2.1.0 NDPS 3.0.5 File services Named $ DHCP 1.2.0 Master server (ROOT-replica) Are there any special steps to take, for updating the Eguide and the NDPS services, or is this migrated by the upgrade process automatically? nospammail@atmyaddress.com wrote: > for updating the Eguide and the NDPS > services, NDPS will get the new NLM's - don't know about eGuide. Make sure you put the NetWare 6.5 OS CD in a workstation and run the deployment manager before doing the upg...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Upgrade from NetWare 6.0SP5 to NetWare 6.5SP3 + all Postfixes
Hi I am planning an upgrade from NetWare 6.0SP5 to NetWare 6.5SP3 + all Postfixes. Are there any "no_go" or "don't_do"? What it the difference choosing the OES option? Thanks, Alex The difference between OES and NetWare 6.5 Sp3 is iManager 2.5 (65sp3 comes with 2.0.2), virtual office 1.5 (nw65sp3 comes with 1.0), QuickFinder Server 4.0 replaces NetWare web search server (which comes with nw65sp3) and you get OpenWBEM For upgrading to OES check here: http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes/install-nw/data/ahzkvh5.html Cheers, Edward <nos...

migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server
Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases? I don't want to have to reenter all of my special DNS info again. Also, when I change the DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS service. I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6 server already? If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the ...

Web resources about - Apache2 upgrade on Netware 6 server - novell.netware.webserver

PHP Heighlight 語法 與 phps 啓用 (Apache2)
PHP 要秀程式碼, 除了現成的 JavaScript Plugin 等外掛外, 可以使用下述幾種方法:PHP Highlight 的 Function - highlight_string()或 PHP Highlight 的 Function - highlight_file() ...

Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page: It works
This is the default welcome page used to test the correct operation of the Apache2 server after installation on Ubuntu systems. It is based on ...

Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Cloud Computing
Please submit only the websites which provide information, standard documentation(s) or properly written guides (textual or video guide) on topics ...

Lucas Oil Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
39°45′36.2″N 86°9′49.7″W  /  39.760056°N 86.163806°W  / 39.760056; -86.163806 Coordinates : 39°45′36.2″N 86°9′49.7″W  /  39.760056°N 86.163806°W ...

The "B" Ark: Search for: the about page
The "B" Ark Search for: the about page Things to See Home The About Page Projects Gallery Astronomy Go MythTV Rabbits RecentChanges Places to ...

PHP with apache on Mac OS X
... → Posted on February 14, 2011 by Adam Enable apache server with System Preferences -> Sharing -> Web Sharing -> Enable sudo emacs /etc/apache2/httpd.conf# ...

An interview with 280 North on Objective-J and Cappuccino
> p > As I say in this podcast interview , I got an early look at 280 Slides the application that launched yesterday to much acclaim. People ...

Installing and configuring Graphite
... so YMMV. Install pre-requisites # apt-get install python-setuptools # apt-get install python-memcache python-sqlite # apt-get install apache2 ...

Development « BlueFur.com
CANADA WEB HOSTING Bluefur - Canada Web Hosting BlueFur.com Hosting Services Help & Support About Us Contact Web Development: Cross Browser Testing ...

Ubuntu One Blog » ubuntuone
Reposted from Elliot Murphy's blog . I promised Matt Griffin I would talk a bit about Ubuntu One servers and some of the work that we’ve done ...