setting xp workstations to sync to novell server time

Need the following information and guidance.

Sample syntax?
Where do we enter script?
Do we have to change settings on the XP work station?
Is there a detailed document in support libray?

Note: I am running Novell services on the xp workstations.

Thanks,
Phillip
0
phand
2/15/2006 7:29:25 PM
novell.netware.install-upgrade 1409 articles. 0 followers. Follow

,
> Note: I am running Novell services on the xp workstations.

That would be a problem. Consider using the NetWare Client instead.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders

Setting XP workstation time from Netware Server via NTP
Has anyone had an XP workstation time set via NTP from an Netware Server per TID 10077573? We have not been able to get it to work properly. Rich Richard, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the &q...

Time sync server with workstation
Dear readers, Is there a way to update a NW4 server from a workstation. I have a server without tcp/ip... But a workstation on the internet, wich is time synced to internet timeserver. Tia, Jean. You might take a look at nistime or sntpclnt available here: http://www.netwarefiles.com/servermgmt2.htm -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums Excellent recommendations. And Jean, you DO have TCP/IP available on your 4.x server. LOAD INETCFG.NLM at the server, configure, and bind to the server NIC. That will allow you to make use of the programs Marcel h...

Workstation time sync with server
I was under the assumption that workstation would sync time with the server by default. However, all workstations are 4 minutes off. Do I need to put something in a script? We need more information. Information such as Operating System running on the workstation and version of Novell Client. In general, the workstation's clock syncs during login only. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) OS = win 2000 Novell Client Version= 4.83 SP2 "Edison Ortiz" <eortiz@nscsysop.com> wrote in message news:4022549B.F...

Workstation time sync with server
I have a few workstations 4.91 that when logging in report that it is June 2141 sometime in the afternoon (it is 11am here). I have checked the Set Station Time in the client properties and it is set to on. The server has the correct time. I can set the time, but when they shutdown and restart to time reverts back to the 2141 date. Any thoughts on how to correct this? Lynette Holliday lholliday@michiganfirst.com Check the event log for any information on how the workstation obtained the time. If WindowsXP, the workstation can also obtain the time from NTP sources. -- ...

Syncing Workstation time from NW6 servers
We have a number of Windows 2000 workstations, that don't have the same time as the NW6 servers that they log into. The STATION TIME is set to YES/ON on the client. Can someone suggest an alternative way of ensuring the times are the same. Thanks Rick Yates What version of Novell Client are you running ? When you boot-up, do you get the Novell Client Login or you implemented AutoAdminLogon ? When you authenticate to the workstation, do you have Admin | Power User privileges or just 'users'. 'Users' are unable to modify the system time unless you expl...

Cannot reconnect workstation to server after upgrade to XP
Have a Novell 6.5 server. Upgraded Windows me workstation to xp. Tried to set it up as a dual boot in case xp didn't work properly. What ever could go wrong did I didn't check for a boot.ini file but after dual boot install no boot loader appeared. I could care less if the Novell client installed and worked properly under xphome. but The client refused to connect. Even after trying to imitate the settings on another xp client pc with Novell client.Hardware is fine cause it see's other xpro and home pcs froom windows network. I was getting limited connectivity error at ...

The workstation date and time could not be set
I only get this on W2K3 server that logs to NetWare All XP machines are just fine Any idea? Thanks Seb On 10/2/2006 Sebastian Cerazy wrote: > Any idea? Check the local security policy on the server and make sure the account being used for local authentication has enough rights to alter the time. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Edison Ortiz wrote: > On 10/2/2006 Sebastian Cerazy wrote: > > >>Any idea? > > > Check the local security policy on the server and make > su...

ntp: workstation unable to sync with the time server
Environment: SLES 10 (sp2) I've configured my SLES box to run as the time server so that others can timesync with it. The SLES box itself syncs with an outside NTP service. I've also configured another SLES box to timesync with the SLES box mentioned above... but it always fails with an error "server is unreachable or does not respond properly". Both SLES boxes have firewall disabled... and I'm using the default settings for the NTP daemon. -- glio ------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED...

oes2SP3: impact on Netware servers at install time?
Hi, this is my first install of OES2SP3 in a production tree which contains Netware 6.5SP8 servers. At install time (two days ago) I selected these: AFP Backup / SMS Domain Services for Windows eDirectory iManager iPrint Linux User Management NCP Server / Dynamic Storage Technology NetStorage NRM NSS (and accepted the April 2011 scheduled maintenance). After a few hours I noticed that the install was hung with "running namconfig for LUM" (I found the solution to this and I'll apply it the next time I retry my install). My main problems, however (and I&#...

XP workstation dropping connections to Netware 6 server..
Hello there, I have an XP workstation that is dropping connections to an IP only netware 6 server. The problem is occurring with client 4.9 SP1 and SP2. Basically, the user can login just fine and all drive mappings are present. However, after about 10 to 15 minutes, the user will get the following message when trying to access a mapped drive: H:\ Is not accessible. The specified network name is no longer available. This is machine specific. The user can login to other machines with no issues. Also, I have been told another port in the switch was tried as well as a new N...

OCS Installation Problem on Windoze 2000 servers and XP workstations
We are experiencing difficulties in installing OCS 12.0 on Windows XP workstations and Windows 2000 servers. I've searched the newsgroups for a work around. There seems to be various solutions hinted but no links to official documents except for the useless certification page. It seems that the problem might be a hardware issue, a java issue, an OS issue or a combination of these. Does Sybase provide a summary report on these problems and where would I find this rosetta stone. Thanks If you are using a Pentium 4 machine, there is a java issue that affects the Studio Installer....

IDM time not in sync with server time
Hi! I have just noticed that the IDM internal time is at least 12 hrs slower than my server's time. I noticed this when I tried to search for workflows in User App that I have executed in the morning by searching for the request date on the current date. There were no workflows displayed unless I submit yesterday's date and the results actually returned a portion of yesterday's workflows and the workflow executed in the morning of the current date. Could this be some settings in IDM User App or MySQL database that I must change? Adrian -- comebashme ---------...

can't connect xp workstation to Netware 5.1 server
I believe we need more info to help you out here. Info such as: Novell Client version - Protocols being used among other things. The more info you provide the faster may be the resolution. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Applying Computer Setting takes long time after zen agent installation on XP
Hi, I have a problem with zen 4.01 zen/middletier on w2k srv, w2003 AD, win XP computers have long delays after zen 401 ir4 agent installed (10min - 1h) I have done the following. How to enable user environment debug logging in retail builds of Windows http://support.microsoft.com/?id=221833 Part of the log is here, USERENV(1cc.890) 08:59:40:962 GetWbemServices: CoCreateInstance succeeded USERENV(1cc.890) 08:59:40:993 ConnectToNameSpace: ConnectServer returned 0x8004100e USERENV(1cc.890) 08:59:40:993 ConnectToNameSpace: ConnectServer failed with 0x8004100e, trying ...

Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using XP workstation
I just buy a new computer which install XP. While I try to connect to my Netware 3.12 server, I can't connect to netware 3.12 server using XP workstation. Even I use XP's netware client or Novell client downloaded from novell website. The message said that can't connect to the server. I am sure I had typed the correct server name. I havn't install any software but only Window XP. I had disable firewall. Please help. Try creating a new Location Profile enabled for Bindery mode... * Novell Client --> Properties * Location Profiles * Type a new nam...

Web resources about - setting xp workstations to sync to novell server time - novell.netware.install-upgrade

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

App Store - iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices!
Get iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

workstation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
i tend to photograph trin from above. possibly because she is little. colour

Citrix WinFrame 1.8 upgrade from Windows NT 3.51 Workstation - YouTube
This is my recording of doing an in place upgrade of the elusive Citrix WinFrame 1.8 version of Windows NT 3.51. I was able to do an in place ...

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Fusion-IO Brings Flash Madness To Workstations, And Movies Like 'Hugo'
... the founding member of the AllThingsD Flash Madness Club , last summer’s hot IPO , said today it is bringing its flash technology to workstations. ...