NW65SP8 Install Error

I'm trying to install SP8 on a NW65SP6 server. This is a file and print
server running NDPS/iPrint, Apache (for Portal, etc.) and BackupExec
remote agent on a Dell 2650 server. Pretty simple.

When I start the SP8 install from NWCONFIG, it starts fine but then
when it starts the service pack backup I get about 14% into the
automated backup process and I get a red error message that states "File
"C:\NWSERVER\OTHE" was not found. (nwconfig-6-233) Press <Enter> to
continue." I press enter and it gives me choices to try again, force
connection and try again, cancel copy and one other. If I enter "Try
Again" or "Force connection..." it will continue copying then pop up the
same message over and over. I've tried to just continue through them but
it goes on and becomes more frequent. I have tried copying the backup
files to several different locations, all with ample space (sys:, other
direct storage volumes, iSCSI volumes, etc.) and I get the same
message.

I had several other NW65SP6 servers that I upgraded with no problems.
Any Ideas? I have searched these forums and Novell's Knowledge-base and
haven't found anything.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

OZ

--
zorgeo

zorgeo
8/2/2010 11:46:01 AM
novell.netware.install-upgrade 1409 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Could this be related to a missing file 'other.ils'?
If this file is missing under c:\netware\, I would try to copy it from
any server
an start again with SP8

This is the content of the other.ils from one of our servers:

;*******************************************************************************
; Other items

;*******************************************************************************

@Other

Help:

; Help is in 2048 byte window

$OTHR_HELP

File:           'install\\chglang.ils'

Flags: 3  ; On this media

@EndOther

--
bwisupport
bwisupport's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19240

0
bwisupport
8/2/2010 12:16:01 PM
Thank you. I don't know why I didn't think to look at c:\nwserver to see
if there was an "OTHE" file or directory. Turns out there is a 0 byte
file with the name "OTHE" and I can't delete it or overwrite it. I tried
using startx file manager and will try booting to DOS and deleting also
when I can down the server.

I copied a file "other.ils" from another server but I don't think
that's going to help with that 0 byte file. Any ideas on how to remove
it?

OZ

--
zorgeo
zorgeo's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=37433
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=417223

0
zorgeo
8/2/2010 1:06:02 PM
Try what is called a down server upgrade on this box.  There is a tid
that you can follow that will do a step by step process to follow.  Do
it and it should update.  Look for a following words on the Novell web
page for the TID "down server upgrade".

jgray

--
jgray
jgray's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=41875
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=417223

0
jgray

To install or not to install?

installation package error: "The installer was interrupted before [program] could be installed"
Hi,     I encountered one problem with my web application installation package. Before, it works well. While after some minor changes to code, I rebuild the setup file, when I tried to run it, I got such error.     I searched on web to find similar problems due to file <VS Install>\Common 7\tools\deployment\dpca.dll     My symptom is the same as described, I used the tool Qwerty.Msi to check errors, when debug, at sequence WEBCA_GatherWebSites 12:30:12 PM  Action start 12:30:12: WEBCA_GatherWebSites.12:30:15 PM  Action ended 12...

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

Errors installing SSL on Install
Hello, It seems that the problem I have seems to be with the CA being corrupt. I get the error creating W0 object, then a 251 error with PKI, when it is done it doesn't create the SSL keys. An outside vendor told me there was a procedure for fixing this problem. I was just wondering if I could get a copy e-mailed to me @ John.Hummer@wmtps.org instead of having a Novell Engineer on the phone for 4 hours. Thanx in advance for your help in this matter. John Hummer CNE West Milford BOE On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:18:18 GMT, John.Hummer@wmtps.org wrote: >It seems that the...

Installation Error: error attempting to read from the source install database
I receive an "Error attempting to read from the source install database" C:\windows\installer\2ce6f3.msi. when I try to install the time tracker (CSVS). Any ideas?...

Re: error during DBD::Oracle installation (was: error during DBI installation)
------=_Part_6037_22545193.1207194199772 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Looks like time to get the development stuff you need installed. The log file says: Reading /export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/precomp/lib/env_precomp.mk Attempting to discover Oracle OCI build rules gcc -c -I. -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/precomp/public -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/rdbms/public -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/rdbms/demo -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/plsql/public -I/export/hom...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Windows Client Install, Error installing NICI. Error Code: -3
This is a Windows 2003 server. I was just trying to re-install the Novell Client and can't seem to get past this NICI issue. I tried Client 4.91 SP5 and Client 4.91 SP5 IR1. No success searching TIDs, any ideas? Thanks, Marc Resolved by un-installing Client, then deleting files in: C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici Solved error by deleting folders: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici\" To do so: 0- Login as domain user "Administrator" with no Novell login. 1- Right-click "nici\SUBFOLDER1" folder and select Properties 2- Choose "Sec...

Project gives compile error when in first attempt of installing it but installs successfully after removing it and re-installing
Hi Guys,I have a weird problem. Its not a show stopper but a mere inconvenience. I have a ASP.net application. And I am using setup project to install it on server. Every time I make changes in the application and need to install the release on the server, I have to uninstall the application using Add/Remove Programs utility. And Re-install it with created the setup .msi file. On running the application, it  always gives me a compilation error. Then I have to remove the application using Add/Remove Programs utility one mre time and re-run .msi file to get rid of...

Install returns content installer error
Hi, When I stat the install process the following error is returned: One or more content items contained within the .vsscontent file cqannot be instlled because the correct version of the contgent installer component cannot be found. Q: Whic installers and versions are required. Thank you. Peter A VSI is a self installing template.  You should be able to click on it, Then when you open VS2005 or VWDExpress2005 you will need to Open New WebSite and it should show in the New WebSite dialog. VSI is self extracting file, when you click it it will added template to your VS  You...

Install error after installing client WDK
Has anyone seen this error: Error Client application not found in registry. Please contact web administrator. This happens only after the the wdk client is installed. If I click on my app one more time it has finds registry and everything works. Lee, I get the same error exactly when users first install. I don't know what the cause is, except that I guess maybe something is not getting written into the registry before the application attempts to launch. I found that the lag time is much higher on a test machine that we have that runs very slowly. It can't r...

Error installing Netware 6.5 SP6
We get the following error when installing Netware 6.5 SP6. Several other servers with similar h/w configurations installed with NO issues. We rebooted server,and it came back up okay. We can see volumes. eDir did not get updated and is still at 8.7.3.8. Tried to restart SP install and it returns to the same error message. I have recopied SP out to server in new directory. Any guess on what we can try next? See error message below. thanks, Lin Error: An error occurred while parsing file "SYS1:SupportNWNW65SP6SPINSTALLSILENT.ICS", line 25...

Clean Install vs Upgrade
With all due respect to everyone!I have read every post in this forum with regards to performance, etc!  I have read over and over that you need to do a "clean" install of DNN 3.X to achieve the "maximum performance of this new release" - OK fine BUTAre there any "scripts" to move your data from the DNN data base from prior install (DNN 2.X) to a "clean" installation of DNN3.X   I have certainly not seen any that are available!  Could I be blind? What am I missing here - that everyone is a developer and has the luxury to do this without any regard to what is cur...

Web resources about - NW65SP8 Install Error - novell.netware.install-upgrade