Netware 6.5 Server in a Netware 6.0 Tree

Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with
appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to
begin using it as a resource in that tree?"

Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server as it stands?
0
tomm
8/10/2005 3:04:25 PM
novell.netware.install-upgrade 1409 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:04:25 GMT, tomm@juice4u.com wrote:

>Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with
>appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to
>begin using it as a resource in that tree?"
>
>Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server as it stands?

You need licenses for NW 6.5.  NW 6.0 and NW 6.5 licenses are not
interchangeable.

---------------
Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses

"If something is so complicated that you can't
explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not
worth knowing anyway."  Bill Waterson
0
Donald
8/10/2005 5:19:53 PM
Donald,

Thanks for update. I figured Novell would have a sizable catch to this. I
wanted to move my Groupwise PO to the server but alas it will require
quite a few licenses for the user to connect to their email.

So GW will require user licenses on the NW6.5 server, hey?

Looks as if I will make this server into a 6.0 server.....

Tom

> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:04:25 GMT, tomm@juice4u.com wrote:
>
> >Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with
> >appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to
> >begin using it as a resource in that tree?"
> >
> >Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server as it stands?
>
> You need licenses for NW 6.5.  NW 6.0 and NW 6.5 licenses are not
> interchangeable.
>
> ---------------
> Donald Albury
> Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
> Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses
>
> "If something is so complicated that you can't
> explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not
> worth knowing anyway."  Bill Waterson

0
Tomm
8/11/2005 10:11:12 PM
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:11:12 GMT, Tomm@juice4u.com wrote:

>Donald,
>
>Thanks for update. I figured Novell would have a sizable catch to this. I
>wanted to move my Groupwise PO to the server but alas it will require
>quite a few licenses for the user to connect to their email.

How are you having the users connect to the GW PO?  I forget the terms, but
you can have users access the PO without consuming NW licenses on the
server.  Please ask in the GroupWise forums for details.

---------------
Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses

"If something is so complicated that you can't
explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not
worth knowing anyway."  Bill Waterson
0
Donald
8/11/2005 10:24:41 PM
Client/server, use an IP connection to the post office agent, not use a
mapped drive (direct connection) - mapped drive connections are bad news
anyway as they can cause corruption in the system

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

Thanks.  I've been away from GW too long, now.  :-(

---------------
Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses

"If something is so complicated that you can't
explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not
worth knowing anyway."  Bill Waterson
0
Donald
8/12/2005 7:34:36 PM
:

> move my Groupwise PO to the server but alas it will require
> quite a few licenses for the user to connect to their email.

as long as users only connect in client/server mode, it shouldn't take
licenses

Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
Joseph

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Adding NetWare 6.5 servers to NetWare 6.0 tree
I have two NetWare servers in one tree, one with SP5 and the other with SP3. I would like to add two NetWare 6.5 servers to this existing tree and then I will be clustering the two NetWare 6.5 servers. Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should be aware of? Thanks! , > Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should > be aware of? > Run the deployment wizard from the SP6 Overlay CD. It will tell you what needs to be done. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands ...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade
how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? kjs@verizon.net wrote: > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? Well you got a few options here. You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server. If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade. If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration wizard. -- Cheers, Edward where can i get the migration wizard? > kjs@verizon.net wrote: > > > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 serve...

upgrade Netware 6.0 vers netware 6.5 SP8
Hello, J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. i don't no how to begin que update. the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic on install, anythink do" help me please Thanks -- Pagnucco ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pagnucco, > J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. > i don't no how to begin que update. > the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic > on install, anythink do" &...

Upgrading Netware 6.0 cluster to Netware 6.5 cluster
Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5 and join the existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other node would you know if this would work ? thanks for your futur reply Oli Hi! We have Nw6.0Sp4 and NW 6.5SP2 working together alright! Virtual volumes etc. HJ >>> <bolivier@eircom.net> 26. elokuuta 2004 18:34:06 >>> Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut dow...

Web resources about - Netware 6.5 Server in a Netware 6.0 Tree - novell.netware.install-upgrade

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ