Migration from Netware 4.11 to Netware 6.5

I noticed that you must use the Novell Migration Wizard 6.5 to do a
migration from Netware 4.11 to Netware 6.5.

Are there any issues running this older version of the Migration Wizard to
do the migration?

Thanks!

0
John
9/7/2005 4:10:08 PM
novell.netware.install-upgrade 1409 articles. 0 followers. Follow

John,
> Are there any issues running this older version of the Migration Wizard to
> do the migration?

Not really, just use TRUSTEE.NLM to backup the trustees beforehand.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
9/7/2005 4:13:12 PM
I currently have 2 Netware 4.11 servers, which will be consolidated into
one, and can use the Migration wizard on one, but on the 2nd 4.11 server
which will be consolidated on the Netware 6.5 server, the consolidation
utility will not work, as it doesn't support Netware 4.11...

Any idea on how to migrate the data to the Netware 6.5 server, besides
copying the files manually and setting the appropriate trustee rights on the
consolidated server?

Thanks

----------------------

"Anders Gustafsson" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
> John,
>> Are there any issues running this older version of the Migration Wizard
>> do the migration?
>>
> Not really, just use TRUSTEE.NLM to backup the trustees beforehand.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>  NSC Volunteer Sysop
>  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
John
9/8/2005 2:18:37 PM
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:18:37 +0000, John wrote:

> I currently have 2 Netware 4.11 servers, which will be consolidated into
> one, and can use the Migration wizard on one, but on the 2nd 4.11 server
> which will be consolidated on the Netware 6.5 server, the consolidation
> utility will not work, as it doesn't support Netware 4.11...
>
> Any idea on how to migrate the data to the Netware 6.5 server, besides
> copying the files manually and setting the appropriate trustee rights on
> the consolidated server?
>
> Thanks

Use the Server Consolidation Utility version 4.0.   You can get it from
http://download.novell.com.  Search for keyword - Consolidation

> ----------------------
>
> "Anders Gustafsson" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
>> John,
>>> Are there any issues running this older version of the Migration Wizard
>>> do the migration?
>>>
>> Not really, just use TRUSTEE.NLM to backup the trustees beforehand.
>>
>> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>>  NSC Volunteer Sysop
>>  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>>
>> Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests
>> for all Novell products may be made at
>> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>>
>> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Chuck
9/8/2005 7:44:19 PM
Version 4.0 works with Netware 4.2 and not 4.11... :(

"Chuck Stuettgen" <cstuettgen@nospam.myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:18:37 +0000, John wrote:
>
>> I currently have 2 Netware 4.11 servers, which will be consolidated into
>> one, and can use the Migration wizard on one, but on the 2nd 4.11 server
>> which will be consolidated on the Netware 6.5 server, the consolidation
>> utility will not work, as it doesn't support Netware 4.11...
>>
>> Any idea on how to migrate the data to the Netware 6.5 server, besides
>> copying the files manually and setting the appropriate trustee rights on
>> the consolidated server?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Use the Server Consolidation Utility version 4.0.   You can get it from
> http://download.novell.com.  Search for keyword - Consolidation
>
>> ----------------------
>>
>> "Anders Gustafsson" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
>>> John,
>>>>
>>> Not really, just use TRUSTEE.NLM to backup the trustees beforehand.
>>>
>>> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>>>  NSC Volunteer Sysop
>>>  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>>>
>>> Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests
>>> for all Novell products may be made at
>>> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>>>
>>> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
John
9/9/2005 12:03:45 AM
> Version 4.0 works with Netware 4.2 and not 4.11... :(

Really -- 4.11 with SP9 is (aside from licensing) basically the same
code.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Bruce Cutler (No e-mails please)
0
Bruce

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Netware client 4.6 4.7 and 4.8 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware 6.5? As I'll be doing an upgrade and don't want to go around the workstations twice to configure them. Thanks > Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware > 6.5? You can run them but not sure without issues since some of those clients were not tested against NetWare6.5 -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) John, They *should* run okay, but there will have been no testing done with 4.6 or 4.7, and ...

Migration from Netware 4.2 to Netware 6.5
Ik want to migrate 2 Netware 4.2 server to 2 Netware 6.5 servers. I use the MgrtWiz. 6.5. This wizard give me the option to do a migration to Netware 6.5 from a Netware 4.2 server. But............. Yes, i have a problem.... The migration stops.... before he actual copy's a file to the destination servers.. The trustees are backuped... The destination server is a Netare 6.5 server installed with the overlay CD 6.5 sp 1... and over this i used the nw65sp1a pack... Also i updated the file nuwagent.nlm......on the servers What do i wrong...... > What do i wro...

Netware 4.11 to Netware 6.0 upgrade
Hello, I have five NetWare 4.11 servers in WAN environment, three of them in the central location. I want to insert a new NetWare 6.0 server in existing NDS tree (only NetWare 4.11). All NetWare 4.11 servers will remain in their function for some months. What is the best method to do that ? I saw in TID 10075926 that Novell recommends installing new server as NetWare 4.11 and then upgrading to NetWare 6. I don't like that scenario. I have new HP Proliant DL 360 which not support NetWare 4.11. I also want NSS volume for SYS volume. I saw in support forums that someb...

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 migration
I was reading on the migration pdf file about migrating from Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 and one section states that the minimum requirement is Netware 5.0 and another section states Netware 5.1 with service pack 6. Along with different NDS versions and edir versions being supported. This migation would be an across the wire migration to new hardware. Any concrete minimum requirements would be great to have before an upgrade is done! Thanks the migration wizard 8 supports a nw5.0 to nw6.5 migration. http://www.novell.com/documentation/migwiz80/nmw_80/data/bswlrly.html ...

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I am in the process of upgrading a Netware 5 server to a Netware 6.5 server and have a few questions: 1. I would like to run both the Netware 5 and Netware 6.5 server at the same time on the same network. (Is there a migration tool that will transfer the data only, having different file server names?) 2. By doing the above, and having the NDS replicate to the new Netware 6.5 server, does this cause any problems? (Eventually the Netware 5.0 server will be taken offline) 3. Is there any pdf file or technical docs on upgrading from Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 and what the issues might be?...

Netware 4.11 coexist with Netware 6.5 server?
Can a Netware 4.11 server co-exist with a Netware 6.5 server, as there are two Netware 4.11 servers and each server will get migrated over to new hardware over two weekends. thanks Hi, John wrote: > > Can a Netware 4.11 server co-exist with a Netware 6.5 server, as there are > two Netware 4.11 servers and each server will get migrated over to new > hardware over two weekends. Yes, but they must be at DS621. And run the deployment wizard ones. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de Yes it can - I...

Netware 4.11 upgrading Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5
We just bought Groupwise 6.5. Today, we find out this product needs at least NW4.2. Can we proceed with this? what would you recommend? 4.11 with SP9 should work fine. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. ...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 migration
My corporation recently acquired a company with a single Netware 5.0 server. We have already installed a new Netware 6.5 server at their location that is part of our global eDirectory tree. Their old NW 5.0 server is on its own indepentent tree. What is the best method to migrate their users, groups, data, trustees, and printers to our global tree. We have already created a container for them in our global tree. I looked at the SCMT tool from Novell but I think it is designed to migrate/upgrade servers that are in the same tree. Any suggestions besides a manual creation of user...

Upgrade to Netware 6.5 from Netware 5.1
Currently on NW5.1 with a few servers at main and remote offices. Want (need) to upgrade to newer NOS, so my logical choice would be OES with the Netware option (and so that I can start playing with the Linux option). On the training side I'd appreciate a few pointers. I currently have a NW5.1 CNA and several years experience. I'd like to get the necessary training to be able to upgrade and administer Netware 6.5, hopefully with some exposure to the Linux flavor on the side to get me started. Preferably a certfication would help but not mandatory. In the old days I&...

Web resources about - Migration from Netware 4.11 to Netware 6.5 - novell.netware.install-upgrade

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pope Francis urges review of migration laws to welcome refugees
... and indifferent to the tragedies facing humanity. Vatican City: Pope Francis on Tuesday called on countries to review their laws on migration ...

The human migration out of Africa left its mark in mutations
(credit: Wikimedia Commons ) When it comes to evolution, people tend to focus on the big driving force of natural selection, which latches on ...

PAUL RYAN WHINES: Cruz and Sessions Lying About Omnibus Funding New Wave of Muslim Migration
... as “a great victory for the principles Democrats stand for.” Ryan specifically condemned what he termed “hyperbole” surrounding immigration ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem Is Not Fixed If Turkey, Greece, or Germany really wanted to solve the migration ...

Website migration guide: a Google Analytics & Tag Manager checklist
Hopping on the bandwagon started by Stephen Kenwright’s blog post on website migration for SEO . From that you know that if a site migration ...

Sex assaults inflame Germany’s migration battle
Scores of alleged sexual assaults against German women have added another dimension to the country’ s fraught debate over migration. The FT reports. ...

It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels
It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels

Ancient DNA Traces Irish Roots To Mass Migrations
Geneticists and archaeologists have teamed up to trace the heritage of the Irish all the way to the Middle East and Eastern Europe.

Questions and answers about Europe's migration crisis as 2015 arrivals top 1 million
One million — and counting. BRUSSELS – One million — and counting. The International Organization for Migration says its statistics show the ...