Access old server after migration

We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we cannot gain access to the
old server.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
0
dpropson
9/12/2005 3:54:03 PM
novell.netware.install-upgrade 1409 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we cannot gain access to the
> old server.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

I should be more specific and tell you that we are simply attaching via x-
over cable, not trying to access across network.

0
dpropson
9/12/2005 4:20:04 PM
How did you migrate your old server ?

Cheers,
Edward

<dpropson@comlivserv.com> wrote in message
>> We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we cannot gain access to the
>> old server.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
>
> I should be more specific and tell you that we are simply attaching via x-
> over cable, not trying to access across network.

0
Edward
9/12/2005 9:59:16 PM
:

> We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we cannot gain access to the
> old server.

if you used the migration wizard, your old server has had eDirectory
removed - so you will need to put it back on before you can access it

Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
Joseph
9/12/2005 10:22:46 PM
> if you used the migration wizard, your old server has had eDirectory
> removed - so you will need to put it back on before you can access it

AND keep it off the existing network as the server names will be
duplicated.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

> AND keep it off the existing network

well, he said he was doing a direct connect so I assumed he was aware
of that - but it never hurts to point it out again :)

Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
Joseph
9/13/2005 8:30:33 PM
> well, he said he was doing a direct connect so I assumed he was aware
> of that - but it never hurts to point it out again :)

RAID 1 data transmission rules <g>

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server
Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases? I don't want to have to reenter all of my special DNS info again. Also, when I change the DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS service. I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6 server already? If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the ...

Migrating iPrint from one Netware server to another Netware server
I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5. I am rebuilding one of the servers. I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it Netware 6.5 SP3. I have iPrint running on the server that I am rebuilding. I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that I am going to have. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks Jason Roggentien There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping and rebuilding, etc. The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager. The NDPS Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, et...

Migrating from Access to SQL Server Install
Are there any tools for migrating from an Access Install of DNN to a SQL Server Install (or vice versa) within a single version of DNN? Specifically 2.0.4 or 2.1.2. Thanks, Karim I haven't kept a thread on this topic. I think there is a tool (not free on snowcovered.com) and there are some previous threads on this topic with suggestions ... As usual the search lets the forum down... I try again tomorrow to find something... Anyone else?Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily Yarko w...

install web access in DMZ on netware server
Hey all, I want to take on the task of rearranging our groupwise setup. Currently I have a NW65sp2 machine with GW65sp3 poa, mta, gwia, and webaccess installed on it on our inside network. I want to take webaccess and move it to a DMZ. I want to continue to use apache2 and netware 6.5 as the OS but exactly how should I got about doing that? Do I create a tree in the DMZ for the webaccess objects to reside or do I change the IP address of the current object to whatever the IP will be of the server in the service area? I have heard tale of making sure that the commer.cfg ...

Netware 6.5 server install volume migration
I have an existing netware 5 server that will be removed and reinstalled as a netware 6.5 server. I was wondering if there is a good way to backup the information on the data volume, specifically the trustees, and then restore them to the new server. My hope is to leave all of the users, groups, and trustee information intact in the tree, remove the old server, install the new 6.5 server, restore the data and then restore the trustee information. Thanks. --____UCCDFUUNPCQORMLKAAAP____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

After Netware Client install unable to access MS SQL server
I have a MS Windows SBS 2003 server setup running an MSDE SQL database. A Win XP desktop can see and use the database from a front end application, when you install the Novell client 4.90 SP1a the application can no longer find the database. I can still browse the network and see the server but not attach via the application. Same workstation ID and password as before. If I uninstall the Novell client I still cannot connect to the database. Any Ideas? Rod Dont know the answer but I am very interested in the response. I have in mind doing exactly what you describe. ...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > >...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

Migrate GroupWise from old server to new server
I had just migrate my NW 4.2SB from the old hardware to another new server. I had use the DSMAINT to perform this migration. Somehow, I am puzzled how should I migrate my GroupWise settings including the messages & attachments from the old server. I had the following warning pops-up whenever I double-clicked on a object in the NWADMIN console. GroupWise Connection Warning You are not connected to the GroupWise system to which this objects belongs. Requested Object DN: LHH.APMAE Domain: APMAE_DOM.GroupWise Path: \\ampae_server\sys\mail\gwdom Current Connection...

iFolder server to access a OES (netware) server?
Hello everybody, Is this possible? I would like to install an OES SP2 linux server with iFolder / iFolder webaccess. Another server (OES SP2, but Netware based) is a storage server that holds homedirectories of users. I would like users to login via webaccess to the OES SP2 linux server and see their homedirs on the OES SP2 Netware based server. Is this possible, or does this seem like a weird scenario? Best regards, John > Is this possible, or does this seem like a weird scenario? > Nevermind, I see I need to use Netstorage for this. ...

Netware Server access from OES2 Linux Server
Good Morning, I'm sorry if this is a little vague. I have installed what will be my first major SLES 10.2 w/OES2 sp1 Server on my network. I have gone through all the configurations for LUM and checked that the LDAP is working. However, when I try to login using my eDirectory admin account, the Linux server can see the user, but it tells me it can't find the Admin Home Driectory which is on a OES Netware server, even though the path it sees from the eDirectory setting on the Unix Profile tab in ConsoleOne is correct. (DSNW01_STAFF.DS.SPSD\HOME\Admin) What might I...

Migration of Passwords when database is migrated from Access to SQL Server
Hi:  Can someone please help me here. I have an access database with over 100 users.. their passwords are hashed using the hashed algorithm SHA1. Now I have migrated to SQL Server 2005 and want to export the passwords there. I dont need to see them but even migrating them in the hashed format is fine.. I tried copying the hashed password from access and pasting it in sql server 2005 but no success..   Any ideas. please  .. I dont want to email all users with a new password.. Thanks Have you tried importing from SQL Server. Using Import/Export wizard of SQL server 200...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Web resources about - Access old server after migration - novell.netware.install-upgrade

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pope Francis urges review of migration laws to welcome refugees
... and indifferent to the tragedies facing humanity. Vatican City: Pope Francis on Tuesday called on countries to review their laws on migration ...

Paris deal considers climate change role in mass migration
Global warming has already contributed to the the large-scale displacement of people that has been an ominous, politically sensitive undercurrent ...

The human migration out of Africa left its mark in mutations
(credit: Wikimedia Commons ) When it comes to evolution, people tend to focus on the big driving force of natural selection, which latches on ...

PAUL RYAN WHINES: Cruz and Sessions Lying About Omnibus Funding New Wave of Muslim Migration
... as “a great victory for the principles Democrats stand for.” Ryan specifically condemned what he termed “hyperbole” surrounding immigration ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem Is Not Fixed If Turkey, Greece, or Germany really wanted to solve the migration ...

Website migration guide: building an SEO checklist for moving your site
... in other countries also which makes it vital that it’s as easy as possible to present users with the correct version. Combining a site migration ...

It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels
It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels

IBM Nabs Giant Eagle Cloud Migration Deal
IBM can now count Giant Eagle among its growing list of cloud customers, as Big Blue works to overhaul the supermarket chain's IT operations. ...

Ancient DNA Traces Irish Roots To Mass Migrations
Geneticists and archaeologists have teamed up to trace the heritage of the Irish all the way to the Middle East and Eastern Europe.