Access old server after migration

We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we cannot gain access to the
old server.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
0
dpropson
9/12/2005 3:54:03 PM
📁 novell.netware.install-upgrade
📃 1409 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 6 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 196 Views

> We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we cannot gain access to the
> old server.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
I should be more specific and tell you that we are simply attaching via x-
over cable, not trying to access across network.
0
dpropson
9/12/2005 4:20:04 PM
How did you migrate your old server ?
Cheers,
Edward
<dpropson@comlivserv.com> wrote in message
>> We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we cannot gain access to the
>> old server.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
>
> I should be more specific and tell you that we are simply attaching via x-
> over cable, not trying to access across network.

0
Edward
9/12/2005 9:59:16 PM
:
> We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we cannot gain access to the
> old server.

if you used the migration wizard, your old server has had eDirectory
removed - so you will need to put it back on before you can access it
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
Joseph
9/12/2005 10:22:46 PM
> if you used the migration wizard, your old server has had eDirectory
> removed - so you will need to put it back on before you can access it

AND keep it off the existing network as the server names will be
duplicated.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry
> AND keep it off the existing network

well, he said he was doing a direct connect so I assumed he was aware
of that - but it never hurts to point it out again :)
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
Joseph
9/13/2005 8:30:33 PM
> well, he said he was doing a direct connect so I assumed he was aware
> of that - but it never hurts to point it out again :)

RAID 1 data transmission rules <g>

--
Barry Schnur
Barry