A Simple Connection license question ...

We have a tree, with several native Netware 6.5 SP8 Servers installed.
A Server-license and a 100 user connection license is installed in the
tree.ou context.
Our main server is running out of connection licenses.
( Server log ... )

But we are only 60 people in the company !!?

What is going wrong ?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Michael Nagel

--
mnag

mnag
6/15/2010 8:16:01 AM
novell.netware.install-upgrade 1409 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mnag,
> But we are only 60 people in the company !!?
>
> What is going wrong ?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Look at the license object in NWAdmin32 to see who is consuming
licenses. Note that licenses are not concurrent users, but rather users
for 90 days. Ie when a user logs in, he consumes a license that uis
held for 90 days.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/15/2010 8:59:43 AM

--
mnag
mnag's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16888

0
mnag
6/15/2010 9:36:02 AM
Mnag,
> > there are some "connection eaters".
> > E.G. one user is consuming seven connections, but she is only logged in
> > in one Workstation / IP. ( on different dates ... )
> >
> > How could I avoid this ?

Connections or licenses? I assume licenses. Has the IP address of that
machine changed?

You can delete the extra ones in NWadmin32 if you wish. Also make sure that
you have up-to-date clients.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/15/2010 9:56:24 AM
>Connections or licenses? I assume licenses.
Sorry, my fault :licenses.
>Has the IP address of that
>machine changed?

No change of the IP-Addresses...

>You can delete the extra ones in NWadmin32 if you wish. Also make sure
>that
>you have up-to-date clients.

Why ???
We use a mixed structure of 4.91 Clients on XP machines.
Starting on 4.91 blank ... up to 4.91 SP5.
Are there any problems with specific clients ?

Regards
Michael

--
mnag
mnag's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16888
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=413232

0
mnag
6/15/2010 12:56:01 PM
Mnag,
> Why ???
> We use a mixed structure of 4.91 Clients on XP machines.
> Starting on 4.91 blank ... up to 4.91 SP5.
> Are there any problems with specific clients ?

Because there have been problems with certain client versions. Check
that first.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders

--
mnag
mnag's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16888
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=413232

0
mnag

Netware 6.5 Upgrade Licensing Question
I am upgrading my 3 servers to Netware 6.5. I am currently running Netware 5.1 SP6. One of the server has 100 User license and the other 2 both have 25 licenses. I'm going to purchase upgrade liscenes in the same quantities but I was told that I don't have to. I can just buy 150 licenses and that is it. Is this true? All of the servers are under the same Tree but different Org Units. Hi, netadmin@kolcraft.com wrote: > > I am upgrading my 3 servers to Netware 6.5. I am currently running > Netware 5.1 SP6. One of the server has 100 User license and t...

upgrading to NetWare 6.5 license question
Hi I have a client with NetWare 6.0 with 45 users. I have two servers. One is File and Print, the other is GroupWise, DNS DHCP. I would like to upgrade the second server to NetWare 6.5. Do I just need to buy the media or do I need to buy upgrade to all the licenses? If I have to update will the 6.5 license let my users connect to the NetWare 6 server? Thanks Will Two separate server versions -- you require licenses for each of them. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop thanks And thanks for replying. This was intended for install-upgrade.....

Installing just connection licenses on a Netware 5 server
We are trying to install more licenses to a Netware 5 server. When I run through the install on NWconfig I get the following error "Cannot install this license certificate because doing so would exceed the limit on installed license units <LICENSE_INSTALL-5-37>" TID10055952 seems to be telling me the telling me that I cannot add part of the server license to the tree. Furthermore, my licenses are not in the TID's list of serial numbers that may need replaced. I only want the connection licenses; is there any way to install the connection licenses without...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Upgrade Question
I have a customer with a NetWare 5.1 Network. They have a main location with with their primary NetWare 5.1 server, then they have multiple locations which also have their own individual NetWare 5.1 servers which are all part of the same tree. They are looking to upgrade to NetWare 6.5 and also install GroupWise 6.5. They are also going to have one new additional server when they upgrade. I am wondering which would be better, to start a new tree on the new server machine and migrate/recreate everything in the tree and somehow unjoin the old servers and rejoin them to the ne...

NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Upgrade Question
I have a customer with a NetWare 5.1 Network. They have a main location with with their primary NetWare 5.1 server, then they have multiple locations which also have their own individual NetWare 5.1 servers which are all part of the same tree. They are looking to upgrade to NetWare 6.5 and also install GroupWise 6.5. They are also going to have one new additional server when they upgrade. I am wondering which would be better, to start a new tree on the new server machine and migrate/recreate everything in the tree and somehow unjoin the old servers and rejoin them to the ne...

Questions on upgrading from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
We are currently running Netware 5.1sp5 ds 8 version 8.82 I want to install a clean netware 6.5 server and make it the Master replica, following with an inplace upgrade of six read\write netware 5.1 servers to 6.5. What should I be concerned about? Does this sound like the appropriate path to take? You can install the NW6.5 server as a Pre-Migration server, there will be no other application installed on the server, use MW7.1. In order to do this make sure all you other servers have eDir8.7.3 install and update the SP to the latest available for NW5.1. Get a copy of the tru...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade EDIR question....
We have a tree of 20 servers all at NW 5.1, sp4 with edir 8.6.2 (sp3). We are getting ready to begin upgrades of all the servers to NW 6.5 sp1.1. Each server will have nw51sp6 applied just prior to the upgrade. The process will take 10 - 12 weeks to upgrade all of the servers. My question: Will we experience problems between servers still at NW 5.1 with edir 8.6.2 (sp3) and the new servers at NW 6.5 with edir 8.7.3? Will they cooexist in a fairly stable manner until all upgrades are complete? We prefer not to travel to all locations just to update edir.... THANKS! Rick. R ...

NetWare 5.1 SP5 to NetWare 6.5 upgrade questions
Hello, We have plans to upgrade from NetWare 5.1 (Edir 8.6.2 SP3) to NetWare 6.5 later this year. We have to consider the NFS 3.0 replacement to Native File Access on one server, and then comes my next question. Should we/must we upgrade our Edirectory from 8.6.2 to 8.7.x prior to upgrade? And what is the current recommended Edirectory 8.7.x SP? version we should upgrade to? Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, The first task is to install NW51SP7 and verify to have the same level of NICI (56/128 bits) and eDir on all servers. Stany. > Hello, > We have plans to upgr...

Simple installation question
I'm trying to install 60 trial VS.net 2003 but I'm getting this step 1 message: Setup has detected that some of the Windows components that are installed on your computer do not match the versions required for Visual Studio .NET. You must install a different version of these Windows components. If I'll install all XP Pro updates from MS into my PC, will it solve? thanks Jeff I think so. Make sure you have IIS installed from the windows components. If you do not have MS SQL Server, you need the MSDE installed as well. I am not sure about the trial, but the retail edition co...

Upgrade License Question
Running NetWare 6.0.5 and we're fixing to upgrade to NetWare 6.5.2 My question is about licensing. We used to have a CLA agreement and unlimited licenses. This has since expired and I ordered 10 upgrade licenses. Will the 10 upgrades work with the CLA so I can get 10 users on this server? Thanks. You may well need to call that in -- I think you will be able to do this as an upgrade though. Do you only need 10 users? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:46:52 GMT, "Elrey Delasofa" <Paco@hotmail.com...

Simple upgrade question
Is Sea Monkey like Moz 1.x that, when you upgrade, you have to clear your profiles of extensions and themes (chrome folder), or does it pick them up easily? My question applies to going from SM 1.01 to 1.02. And, yes, I do back up my profiles and plug-ins when upgrading. GA Gordon Abbot wrote: > Is Sea Monkey like Moz 1.x that, when you upgrade, you have to clear > your profiles of extensions and themes (chrome folder), or does it pick > them up easily? > > My question applies to going from SM 1.01 to 1.02. > > And, yes, I do back up my profiles a...

License install question
We have a server license that is expired in a single server tree that IManager is not working on. Is there an alternative method of installing a license into the tree without using IManager? NWAdmin - sys:\public\win32 -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sysop Remember: "Whether you think you can do something or you think you cannot, you are probably right." All opinions expressed are mine alone. Timothy, > NWAdmin - sys:\public\win32 surely nwadmn32.exe -- Hamish Speirs Novell Suppor...

licensing install question
Hi. I had a hard drive failure, so after replacing it I re-installed my Netware 6. Next I restored my backups, and installed SP5. All this went well, and after logging in as admin, I was able to see all users, etc. in my Console One on my workstation, as well as in NWAdmin. But when I logged in another user, it gave me errors, and would not map the drives. I went and looked in Console One, and my licenses all had question marks, except for the server license I installed during setup. I was unable to get Imanager working, so I went through the steps in TID 10074828, on "...

Web resources about - A Simple Connection license question ... - novell.netware.install-upgrade

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...