Using DNS and DHCP on a Windows 2000 and a Windows 2003 server, but

we use to have a BorderManager server. We have 6 Windows 2003 servers set up
in a domain, 3 Netware 5.1 servers and 1 Netware 4.11 server. The BM server
has not been in production for years and we use a Windows 2000 server with
DNS/DHCP running Winproxy with no problems . However, we recently changed
Internet Provider using a new ADSL router and external IP addresses. Now,
logging into our Novell servers with a Novell client is taking up to 10
minutes to process the drive mappings resolution screen before getting to
the desktop. People logging strictly into the Windows 2003 domain are
logging in with no problems.

We don't use Netware for DNS/DHCP but where do I look to see if any old
settings could be causing problems.

0
Bob
4/12/2006 1:00:22 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <GR6%f.4813$vF3.1615@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Bob wrote:
> We don't use Netware for DNS/DHCP but where do I look to see if any old
> settings could be causing problems.

Try the NetWare.Communications forum, or maybe the BMgr forums if you
think the problem is related to your old BMgr server.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad

MS-FAQs about Windows 2000 DNS and Windows Server 2003 DNS
This was a fine article on Windows Server DNS, and includes some good cross-links. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291382 /Quote Frequently asked questions about Windows 2000 DNS and Windows Server 2003 DNS Article ID : 291382 Last Review : December 17, 2004 Revision : 5.0 This article was previously published under Q291382 On this Page SUMMARY MORE INFORMATION SUMMARY This article describes DNS functionality in Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003, and provides answers to frequently asked questions about Windows 2000 and Windows Server 20...

Windows DHCP
Hi All, We replaced some NW servers running DHCP with server 2003 boxes runnning DHCP. We configured them the same as far as address ranges, dns server addresses, etc. The problem is that the workstations which get addresses from the Server 2003 boxes will NOT register their PTR or A records on our Netware 6.5 SP5 DNS box. Is this a hopeless cause or is there some way to make this work? John Morgan -- Jmorg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In article <Jmorg.3l7f2n@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Jmorg wrote: > The pro...

Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003
Okay, hold your breath and try to not slug me for this one. I have a 450 MHz machine, a desktop actually. I have made Windows Server 2003 run on this and ASP.NET worked great. I am, however, concerned with performance. The system has 270 MB RAM. I don't know if the improvements from 2000 Server to 2003 Server are worth putting the latter on a slower machine. This is to be an IIS server. Comments? is it going to be a production server, or just a development box? (probably a stupid question, but you never can tell these days) for a development server performance is less of a co...

DDNS
--____OGIJWEIFSZWDFEMDUXEK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 10 Jan 2007 09:40:29 -0500" We have a Netware 6.5 sp5 server running DHCP and I recently setup a SLES = 10 DNS server, and now i want to dynamically add my workstation hostnames = to the DNS server. I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my = TSIG Private and public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys = to my clients. I'm assuming i would use DHCP, but do not see...

Can You Export NetWare DHCP Config to Windows 2000 DHCP?
I currently have DHCP running on a NW 5.1SP6 server but due to upgrades I am considering moving it to a Win 2000 server. Is it possible to export the config and the IP addresses it has given out to a Win2K server? Thanks! Todd, the export is using the standard Bind format. Depends on Microsoft if the follow at least this standard... -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop "Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your love, with your life. ... Be generous, always." Mark Greene in "On the Beach" --____ZYEDTYACRKDMW...

HELP
I am having troubles understanding what I need to do to integrate Visual Basic .NET 2003 with IIS 6.0, where VS.NET is installed on my Windows 2000 machine, but the IIS is running on a separate Windows 2003 Server.We purchase Visual Basic .NET Standard.   I assume that is all that is required for creating ASP.NET pages, Web services and Web applications?We ran the setup on the Windows 2000 machine.   The prerequisites were installed, followed by VB.NET.   We installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and then the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.On the Windows 2...

Windows 2003 loosing DHCP lease from 5.1 DHCP Server
We have a netware 5.1 server that has been providing DHCP services for our network for years. It has also provided a static IP via a manual (tied to MAC address) to our Citrix Server on Windows 2003, which is also our domain controller. Recently, we configured DNS on the Citrix Box as it was not installed by the original installer of the Citrix Box. We also added 2 addition 2003 servers for purposes of document imaging. Manually configuring the static TCP address in the windows servers was slower than using the automatic DHCP address (which was not static). We then adde...

Netware DNS server won't zone transfer to Windows DNS
I am currently looking to setup DNS servers to serve 70 domains and am using a netware server as the primary DNS. I have configured a Windows 2003 server to hold the secondary dns zones but cannot get the windows server to load the zone. It states the Transfer of data from the zone master failed. If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated. Graeme Versions please... NetWare? Service Pack? NAMED.NLM? bd NSC Volunteer SysOp gmurphy@three.com.au wrote: > I am currently looking to setup DNS servers to serve 70 domains and am > using a netware server as ...

DNS/DHCP from Windows
Hi, We have to install Win2K AD. We know there is a way to use Netware's DNS/Dhcp with Win2K. The question is, is there a problem to use Window's DNS/DHCP with Netware? For example, can I use ZFD with Window'S DNS? Thanks J. If NW 6 or below, configure your AD server as primary for the domain, and you can make your NW server secondary. Then, as long as you have an appropriate A record for zenwsimport, you should be OK. If NW 6.5, you may be able to make the NW server primary, although I've not had the chance to experiment with that. bd NSC...

Network Adapter Drivers for Windows* 2000, Windows* XP and Windows Server* 2003
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=&DwnldID=4275&strOSs=OSFullName=&lang=eng or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ntk46 Installs base drivers, Intel� PROSet for Windows* Device Manager, and Advanced Networking Services (ANS) for Intel� network adapters for Windows* 2000, Windows* XP, and Windows Server* 2003. Download the self-extracting archive and run it. When you run it, it will extract the files to a temporary directory, run the installation wizard, and remove the temporary files when the installation is complet...

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

Your Internet Explorer home page is reset to "about:blank" and Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) unexpectedly quits in Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003
followup to grc.security.software Your Internet Explorer home page is reset to "about:blank" and Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) unexpectedly quits in Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894269/EN-US/ ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 894269 Last Review : February 25, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS On a computer that is running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft Windo...

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=890830 *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** Microsoft has released the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to help remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft W...

Web resources about - Using DNS and DHCP on a Windows 2000 and a Windows 2003 server, but - novell.netware.dns-dhcp

The Windows Blog

Microsoft updates Windows on phones without carriers screwing it up
The Lumia 950 , and its larger sibling, the Lumia 950XL, have just received a software update, taking them from Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.0 ...

Open Live Writer is an open source fork of Windows Live Writer
Microsoft’s blog editor Windows Live Writer has been revived with an independent open-source fork, Open Live Writer. OLW’s first release allows ...

Microsoft has a master plan with its Cortana digital assistant and Windows 10
Microsoft is working on putting Cortana, its Siri-like personal digital assistant, anywhere and everywhere within Windows 10, reports The Verge ...

It lives! Volunteers from Microsoft release open-source fork of Windows Live Writer
A group of Microsoft engineers today made good on a June promise and released an open-source version of the venerable Windows Live Writer, a ...

Windows 7 now supports the Xbox One wireless controller adapter
... dropping $25 on one of those wireless adapters for PC so I can use it beyond just Xbox gaming. But I haven't. Not yet! I'm still on Windows ...

Uber upgrades Windows app with Cortana, desktop support
... anytime, but what if you're sitting at a desktop PC? Well, now you can do it there, too. Uber announced today that it used the Universal Windows ...

As Apple Slowly Starts Adopting Carrier Billing, Microsoft Follows On With Integration For All Windows ...
Terry Myerson, executive vice president of operating systems at Microsoft (Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images) Apple has begun trying out carrier ...