Secure DNS?

I just read an article about secure dns, being called DNSSEC.  (www.dnssec.net)

Does Novell's DNS server support this new feature?

Thanks,
Cheryl

Cheryl Fischer
Network / Email Administrator
Horizon Bank

0
Cheryl
3/7/2005 8:50:56 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Cheryl,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

DNS? What DNS?
This has never happened before and in light light of this morning's news about the DDOS I was wondering if it is just my machine or if something else is going on. Background: A firewall on one of my machines blocked IE from getting to the net. I wanted to trace where it was planning to go to (207.188.24.150)to figure out if this was just XP again or something else. I tried Neo Trace and PC Helps "Net Tracer" but neither can track it. All I get is "undetermined" or "timed out" Robin In article <3DB714A2.7050902@twcny.rr.com>, omeru...

DNS UP
Hi We are running 2 BM (3.8) Proxies and until today they have been operating reasonably well. Today we have started getting a lot of 504 errors on workstations using either both servers, looking at the proxy DNS page (on both servers) the DNS links are continually going up and down (like our internet) We have 3 DNS servers entered 2 external and 1 internal. I have tested from outside the BM Servers $and know the 2 external DNS servers are working fine (also no one else who use our provider have an issue). The internal DNS also seems fime. We have not made any changes to th...

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility
I have been reconfiguring our Novell 5.1 SP4 DHCP/DNS server to pass NDS Server, Tree, and Context information through DHCP. I would like to specify the Primary Domain suffix for Windows 2000 workstations. Currently, we manually enter a suffix domain name under the TCP/IP properties, but IT staff sometime forget to perform this step. Any help would be appreciated. Also, the DHCP/DNS Utility appears to have a display bug. The Directory Agent (Code 78) has been specified in my DHCP settings, but no value is displayed unless I click on the Modify button. We are running ...

DNS security patch
Hi, running NW65SP7. I see since Aug 8th (TID#5032400) the security patch for the popular DNS issues has now been posted. What I'm wondering about is it necessary to post this to your server if your DNS is only used for internal queries? That is the DNS cannot be queried from outside the firewall? If not needed when an internal DNS only, then I won't bother installing and risking my environment, since there's no other fix mentioned in the release. Cheers James Jjb, > That is the DNS cannot be queried from outside the > firewall? Do you trust t...

GlobalNames DNS zone and NetWare DNS servers
We have a mix of NetWare 6.5 and Windows Server 2008 DNS servers. There is a forwarding zone in Novell that points to the Windows DNS servers for the DNS zone abc.xyz.local. Most workstations are configured for the DNS zone named xyz, so when they attempt to resolve a host name, they append xyz (i.e. webserver.xyz). Novell is primary for the xyz zone, and the workstations point to Novell, so it resolves properly. A few workstations are domain-joined, so they append abc.xyz.local (the AD domain name), turning webserver into webserver.abc.xyz.local. They also point to NetWare DNS, wh...

Netware DNS compatibility with other secondary DNS servers
I have a problem where the primary DNS information for a domain is on a Netware 6 server. The secondary is hosted by an ISP. When I look at the SOA information on the ISP, the serial number is always 0, the refresh is always the number that the matches the serial, the retry is the refresh number and so forth. Has anybody seen this? I've done this type of thing a couple times in the past and have searched here and other places and can't seem to find that anybody else has seen this....anybody have any ideas? Just wondering, why is an ISP hosting your secon...

Netware to OES2 DNS/DHCP
I'm about to migrate my two dns/dhcp servers from Netware 6.5.8 to OES2 Linux 64bit machines. I have two questions about the process. 1. I've not migrated a Netware host to a OES2 host yet. I understand it's possible to do an ID tranfser to the OES2 box to keep the servername, ID etc Is this correct? 2. and more appropriate for this forum, DNS/DHCP. Can I run DNS/DHCP on both Netware and OES2 while I upgrade both machines, I will I need to have only one server running these services during the upgrade process? I'll need a couple of days to complete the above...

Defending your DNS: best practices for reliable DNS and DHCP
Well-publicized attacks against Domain Name System (DNS) root servers and top-level domains highlight the vulnerability of the DNS infrastructure. Many CIOs are looking for ways to ensure secure, reliable network services. We've identified design principles and best practices for resilient, reliable Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and DNS services. DNS is the protocol and global network of servers that translate host names into Internet Protocol addresses. Before taking action, prioritize the risks to your network and identify the potential threats you may face. [ Rea...

SLES DNS and NetWare DHCP
We have had DHCP running on NetWare for some time, with no local DNS service. The DHCP option 6 is set to a BorderManager DNS proxy. I just set up a SLES 11 server with named, and it will resolve our local static IP addresses and forward to OpenDNS. I am using it now, and it seems to be working correctly. Next step, can I set the NetWare DHCP server to update the SLES DNS server, or would I be better off setting up DHCP on the SLES server? My main concerns are transitioning to the SLES server without disruption, and getting Option 60 for ZFD PXE boot set up correctly. ...

Dns/DHCP Netware upgrade
Hi, We have two 5.1sp6 servers running DNS and DHCP services. We want to move these 2 services to two new servers running Netware 6.5sp1a. What is the best way to do this? Is there something special to do, take care? Thank you --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If they are in the same tree, then you really don't have to worry about = much at all (create the new server objects, make sure that any routers = doing BOOTP forwarding are setup for the new servers, then move the = s...

Windows DHCP
Hi All, We replaced some NW servers running DHCP with server 2003 boxes runnning DHCP. We configured them the same as far as address ranges, dns server addresses, etc. The problem is that the workstations which get addresses from the Server 2003 boxes will NOT register their PTR or A records on our Netware 6.5 SP5 DNS box. Is this a hopeless cause or is there some way to make this work? John Morgan -- Jmorg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In article <Jmorg.3l7f2n@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Jmorg wrote: > The pro...

Netware DHCP to SunOne DNS
Currently we are using Netware for DHCP. Our goal is to start leveraging our DHCP setup to start registering and updating our existing DNS Servers running Sun's DNS. What is the best way to go about getting this going and is it necessary to also run Netware's DNS as an in between for this setup? Thanks In article <5olcg.958$Mr.939@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Ted wrote: > What is the best way to go about getting this going and is it necessary > to also run Netware's DNS as an in between for this setup? > Yes, Novell's DHCP server can only upd...

DNS SECURITY ALGORITHM NUMBERS DNS KEY and SIG RRs
DNS SECURITY ALGORITHM NUMBERS DNS KEY and SIG RRs [RFC2535] use an 8-bit number used to identify the security algorithm being used: Number DescriptionReference --------- ------------------------------ --------- 0 Reserved 1 RSA/MD5 [RFC2537,RFC1321] deprecated, see 5 2 Diffie-Hellman [RFC2539] 3 DSA/SHA1 [RFC2536,DSA,SHA-1] 4 Reserved for Elliptic Curve Crypto 5 RSA/SHA-1 [RFC3110] 6 - 251 Reserved by the IANA 252 ...

Web resources about - Secure DNS? - novell.netware.dns-dhcp

Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Secure Digital or ( SD ) is a non-volatile memory card format for use in portable devices, such as mobile phones , digital cameras , GPS navigation ...

Facebook To Users: ‘Add Your Phone Number To Help Secure Your Account’
Some Facebook users are seeing alerts above the Graph Search bars on their News Feeds , prompting them to “Add your phone number to help secure ...

SecuSUITE for Enterprise enables secure calling and messaging
... iOS and BlackBerry operating systems. By using the VoIP, software-based, cloud-hosted solution, employees will be able to conduct secure conversations ...

Apple's iOS just became a secure SharePoint client for enterprise IT
Regular readers will know I’m keeping an eye on Apple’s growing enterprise credentials , and it looks like iPad Pro has taken these a few steps ...

French Authorities Secure Concert Hall: 12 Freed, 100 Dead
French Authorities Secure Concert Hall: 12 Freed, 100 Dead

Hypocrite Rubio abandoned immigration reform, saying ‘secure the border first.’ Hey, Marco: It is.
... for the undocumented—and then voted against it. Now, his presidential campaign’s website has a page on immigration with the title “Secure the ...

The Dojo gateway secures your smart TV and other home devices
... mess and it's a target for hackers. The Foscam baby monitor hack reminded everyone that anything that's on a network needs to be secure and ...

Three Secure Holiday Shopping Moves
There are lots of ways to save money this holiday season. Here's one approach that will prevent you from getting gobsmacked.

Secure your Internet
Secure your Internet

‘Terror’ in the Spotlight: ‘US’ Far More Secure Among World Countries: Report
According to a US State Department report published in June, while in global terms terrorism continues to spark headlines around the world, it ...