Receive a decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxt/unauthorized assignment type

Hi,
I am running netware 5.1 sp7 and dhcpsrvr 313c and this is the dilemma:
I am receiving  decline packets on the dhcp server console and the addresses that are showing up are in the dhcp console with an assignment type of Unauthorized.  If I check through the IP range the machine that holds the Unauthorized assignment type will have more than one IP address listed for each machine that is reporting this error.  I tried TID 10014757 and had the SET UNAUTHORIZED IP SCAN INTERVAL =1. That released the IP's back to dynamic so I changed it to =8 so that it would have less impact on the network and today the addresses are back to being unauthorized.
This is a school system network and this is only happening in two of the seven buildings but I can't seem to correct the problem.  The workstations will boot up with an IP conflict and if the tech in the building releases and renews the workstation picks another IP address and seems ok for a while.  One of the interesting things is that the machines that have these errors
do not have the IP address that is unauthorized but in the DHCP console that is the workstation that is listed as holding the IP address.

Mary
5/18/2005 6:31:30 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is usually because of machines on the network using the
unauthorized addresses as statically configured addresses rather than
allowing DHCP to assign them.  To track it down you need to locate
machines with the MAC addresses listed for the unauthorized addresses
and verify their IP address configurations.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad

Received a Decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
I get these errors every once in a while Received a Decline packet for address... Today I noticed that the IP address it has listed was being used (DHCP) earlier, but the person using that machine has rebooted so it grabbed a new IP. Now that machine is holding 2 IP addresses, one Dynamic (in use) and the other one is marked Unathorized by the DNS/DHCP client. For some reason DHCP is holding onto that IP address for the machine even though it's not using it. I wanted to manually release it, but the only option I could see was "Delete" and that doesn't sound good. I ...

Did Not receive identification string from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hello. I was checking my /var/log/messages this morning and found two strings with the above format i.e: - Did not receive identification from 61.152.223.195 Did not receive identification string from 222.242.199.132 Both are appearing as entries for sshd. I have enabled ssh and port 22 is opened. What does this mean? -- gakiimurerwa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:56:02 +0000, gakiimurerwa wrote: > > Hello. > > I was checking my /var/log/messages this morning and found two string...

Someone on address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx wants to send ICMP packet to your machine?
application tcpip.kernal driver Anyone know what this is? the IP address resolves to serial1-10.xxx.xxxx.alter.net. I keep getting the same request over and over again Thanks SE "Lawrence Baldwin" <baldwinL@mynetwatchman.com> wrote in message news:a6o8pu$259o$1@news.grc.com... > Given that the source is a UUnet router, this could be the root cause: > http://www.mynetwatchman.com/kb/security/backscat.htm > "SE" <watertoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:a6m3uv$2sa4$1@news.grc.com... > > application tcpip.kernal dri...

Tarpitting active for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ??
Sending email to a particular domain is giving me a message on GWIA "DMN: Send Failure: 421 4.0.0 Tarpitting active for [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]" where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the public IP of my GWIA. What is this? I see some references on the Internet to tarpitting intended as a form of mailbomb protection if you're trying to send to tons of recepients at a particular mail server/domain, but my message only listed 4 recepients. James JJB wrote: > What is this? > > I see some references on the Internet to tarpitting intended as a form of > mailbomb prot...

request for authentication with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp
When I use the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp tool to install a printer or to install the ipp client, I get a request to authenticate. To authenticate, I have to use the full user context identification ie. efarmer.mt.mvctc. Ironically, if I cancel the authentication--do no authentication-- I can still do the same updates, no problem. Is there a way to not have the request for authentication come up? If not, is there a way to have contextless login? Ed There is no way currently to use contextless login with iprint. As far as authenticating on port 631, there should...

Parser Error: Could not load type 'xxx.xxx.xx.xxx'
Hello,I'm getting the error the error Could not load the type  when I try to execute ASP.NET 2.0 web application from Visual Studio as well as with IIS using browse page option. The error is so annoying and I'm not able to proceed any further. The details of the error are given below. The most annoying issue is, the same web application is running on my colleagues PC but not on my PC. I browsed through many forum and tried all these following options but still I'm not luckySetting the ASP.NET version in IIS to 2.xxxxPublishing the web application on local IIS using publish o...

use of Inherits="xxx.xxx.xxx"
Can someone please tell me the exact use of Inherits word used in the page level directive? example, <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="default_new.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="myapp.default_new" %> thanks in advancefeed the creative machine Hi, taken from this url: @ Page I found this: Inherits Defines a code-behind class for the page to inherit. This can be any class derived from the Page class. For information about code-behind classes, see Web Forms Code Model. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. H...

DHCP message
Any help as to why we get some of these messages when the DHCP server is loaded. We don't appear to have any issues and I have checked the host names, the domains, etc and the entries look ok. We are running NW6.5/SP2 on both dhcp/dns servers at this time. Thanks Scott News, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/...

IP alerts in ZAP for 216.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hi I have been getting a lot of alerts from IP's begining with the IP 216. It always appears to try and get in on port 80. These have been happening at an interval of about every 5 to 10 min. The rest of the IP number after 216 is different but some are the same. this has been happening for several days now Is there any need to worry about this?? Thanks in advance Examples The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (HTTP) from 216.214.141.171 (TCP Port 2535) [TCP Flags: S]. Time: 8/10/2001 9:14:30 AM The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer...

value of type 'XXX' cannot be converted to type 'XXX'
 I've had this issue with VS2008 lately that is driving me crazy.  I have a website where I built a class that does all my Web Service interaction.  This class returns instances of Web Service proxies, or list of the same.  In my web page I'll create a temporary variable (Dim - I'm using VB) with the same type that my service class is going to return.  When I assign my variable to the return of the method, I'm getting a message similar to the following"Value of type 'Namespace.Foo' cannot be converted to type 'Namespace.Foo'. ...

NTP server error.
Just switched all our servers over from timesync to ntp. I have setup 2 servers, one on each side of a wan link to get time from the internet and also be peer to peer with each other. I get the following error on the one. - peer authentication failure Unable to take time from the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as the keys are not matching. Ensure that you have the right keys I looked for the error, but couldn't find it. Any ideas here? Thanks Bill Hmmm, I didn't think NTP required any form of authentication or used keys at all. In any case you might run sdidiag an...

SM does not get rid of xxx.msf or xxx.dat on unsubscribing from xxx?
When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} folder. Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote: > When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of > the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} folder. Built in. In case you want to re-subscribe. You can delete them if you wish Moz Champion (Dan) wrote: > Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote: >> When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of >> the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} f...

header("Content-Type: xxx/xxx")
How do I change the content type of pages in .NET? So I can output plain text files, XML or whatever else...in  PHP I just do header("Content-Type: text/plain"); for .txt files. Example to output a word document, you would say in maybe page load event HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = "application/msword";HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("iso-8859-1"); //US-ASCIIHttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=ExecReport_Start.doc");Vishal &nbs...

What about 169.254.xxx.xxx ?
Steve, Thought you might like to add to the web pages somewhere that Microsoft Windows' single desktops that aren't already in a Network often "autoconfig" their LAN cards to: 169.254.xxx.xxx at bootup! Any idea why they do that? I looked it up at IANA, and it comes back as: =========================================== NetRange: 169.254.0.0 - 169.254.255.255 CIDR: 169.254.0.0/16 NetName: LINKLOCAL NetHandle: NET-169-254-0-0-1 Parent: NET-169-0-0-0-0 NetType: IANA Special Use NameServer: BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG NameServer: BLACKHOLE-2.IA...

Web resources about - Receive a decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxt/unauthorized assignment type - novell.netware.dns-dhcp