migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server

Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server
a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases?  I don't want to
have
to reenter all of my special DNS info again.  Also, when I change the

DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS
service.  I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there
anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that
secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6

server already?

0
Ed
7/9/2003 8:00:00 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the new DNS
server, reassign the zones to the new server, unload NAMED on the old

server, bind your secondary IP address, then load NAMED on the new
server.  If they're not in the same NDS tree, then export ALL zones to

text files from the old tree, then import those files into the new
tree.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp
www.InsightNetSolutions.net

0
Brad
7/10/2003 3:54:14 AM
Thanks, that almost sounds too easy.

Brad Doster wrote:

> If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the new DNS

> server, reassign the zones to the new server, unload NAMED on the
old
> server, bind your secondary IP address, then load NAMED on the new
> server.  If they're not in the same NDS tree, then export ALL zones
> text files from the old tree, then import those files into the new
> tree.
>
> bd
> NSC Volunteer SysOp
> www.InsightNetSolutions.net

0
Ed
7/10/2003 1:00:44 PM
In article <3F0D63BF.4070804@ocdnet.com>, Ed Farmer wrote:
> Thanks, that almost sounds too easy.

I thought the same after I wrote it <g>.  It's one of the benefits of

keeping the data in NDS -- it becomes available to many servers at
once
rather than just one, like in a traditional DNS setup.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp
www.InsightNetSolutions.net

0
Brad

Migrating DHCP from NetWare 5.1 to Netware 6.5 OES server
Yes...we still have some legacy NetWare 5.1 servers in production. Hard not to admire servers that haven't been rebooted in years :) That said - we're migrating and consolidating these remaining "vintage" NetWare boxes to virtual 6.5 OES servers. Is there a TID or defined procedure for performing this migration? Just one tree. The legacy 5.1 servers are on a subnet (VLAN) that we're abandoning - with the virtual servers being on a new VLAN. With multiple VLANs - we're using a dhcp helper in our core switch configuration - so we'll have to update ...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

DDNS
--____OGIJWEIFSZWDFEMDUXEK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 10 Jan 2007 09:40:29 -0500" We have a Netware 6.5 sp5 server running DHCP and I recently setup a SLES = 10 DNS server, and now i want to dynamically add my workstation hostnames = to the DNS server. I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my = TSIG Private and public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys = to my clients. I'm assuming i would use DHCP, but do not see...

Migrating Netware 6.5 servers into a Netware 5 tree
We are currently running 4 Netware 5.0 servers with DS 7.58 installed. We want to migrate these servers over to newer servers that have Netware 6.5 freshly installed. We were wanting to do this one server at a time. What do we need to do to our existing tree in order to bring our Netware 6.5 servers over into the tree? Download the NW65sp1a overlay ISO and burn it to a cd (There are several CDs in the SP1a set). Run NWDeploy.exe from the root of the OS CD. THis will prepare the tree for your first NW6.5 server. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > >...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

Migrating NDPS from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 (New Server)
Good Afternoon - I am working on migrating NDPS currently running on a NetWare 5.1 (about to be decommissioned) server. I configured a new NetWare 6.5 server and need to move the Broker / Manager and Printers over to the new box. Can I simply load BROKER and MANAGER on the new server and then just copy the resource directory where all drivers reside? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) Dariusz -- dariusz71 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I believe you need to have a broker and manager loaded on the new server an...

Netware 6.5 server abends when trying to backup Netware 5.1 GW Server
I am trying to backup a netware 5.1 GW server from my new 6.5 server (all support packs are in). I am using brightstore 9 and am able to back up the 6.5 server but I get a Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)fstape.nlm error when I try to back up the netware GW server. It seems to get to a certain step and then abends. with: Any help would be appreciated. Server ELBA-FS halted Tuesday, August 3, 2004 7:35:47.545 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060...

Migrating mulitple NetWare 5.1 servers to NetWare 6
I have successfully done a trial migration from an old NetWare 5.1 server to a NetWare 6 server. I am now faced with the task of up grading 10 of our Netware 5.1 servers to NetWare 6 servers on our WAN at the different remote sites. We have T1 links between the sites. What is the best order to carry out the migration, i.e. which server should I start with? Since it is recommended that the source, destination an client workstation be running on a common LAN segment, I guess I will have to be taking the client workstation and destination server to each si...

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

NetWare 6.5 SP8 co-exist with NetWare 6.5 SP7 servers?
I really don't want to install SP8 on the NetWare server as I am working on moving Netware to OES Linux. However, I need to upgrade to GroupWise 8 soon so plan to upgrade to GroupWise 8 on NetWare server which requires NW6.5SP8. All other 10 NetWare servers are on version 6.5 SP7 and I only intend to upgrade one server to NetWare 6.5 SP8. Does anyone see issue with that? I assume eDirectory does not chance with the installation of SP8. I am running eDirectory v 8.7.3.0. Regards Andy -- andyj2009 -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Migrate DNS/DHCP from a linux bind8/dhcpd3 machine to a netware 6 server
Hi Guys, The documentation at the Novell site wasn't overly helpful in this quest. What I want to know is whether there's an easy way of migrating my zone-files and dhcpd.conf from existing debian boxes to a novell server, like in just copying the files over ... I'd like to preserve both since they're quite big, the dhcp-server only handing out leases to know MACs. I'd hate to have to re-enter them all. Cheers, Andrej If debian writes your DHCP info to DHCPTAB3 formatted files, then you should have no problem there. DNS files can also be imported. Yo...

Moving DHCP Subnets from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.x Server
Hi there, I have a customer that is wishing to move their subnets from a NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.x server but want to be able to rollback to the NetWare 5.1 server if things go horrible. My feeling is that this will be fine as the DHCP objects are stored in DS and are not altered by the server loading them. Am I correct or do I start to look for another rollback solution? Cheers, Dave -- Dave Dabinett, > My feeling is that this will be fine as the DHCP objects are stored in > DS and are not altered by the server loading them. > Yes, that is correct. Just t...

Web resources about - migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server - novell.netware.dns-dhcp

1-800-Flowers Becomes the First Client to Migrate to Facebook’s Revamped Atlas Ad Platform
... platform , which Facebook announced at Advertising Week 2014 in New York at the end of September, has its first client, as 1-800-Flowers migrated ...

Facebook Migrates 400,000 Users to Fans of Apple’s Page
While Facebook has been turning up the marketing on businesses and brand owners to create Facebook Pages, one feature of Pages that is less well ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

'You don't migrate to this country unless you want to join our team': Tony Abbott renews push on national ...
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has elaborated on his "Team Australia" remarks, telling a radio interview that "you don't migrate to this country ...

Tony Abbott's woman problem migrates to his ministry
Tony Abbott is having women trouble. It's nothing he said, mind.

Doctors and Nurses From Poor Countries Migrate To Rich Ones
Australia has saved almost $640 million by poaching doctors from some of the poorest countries in Africa.

Pacific Islanders reject 'climate refugee' status, want to 'migrate with dignity', SIDS conference hears ...
Pacific Islanders who may be forced to flee rising sea levels say they want to be able to migrate with dignity.

Polar bears migrate to Canadian Arctic for longer lasting ice: study
Some polar bear clusters have slowly moved to islands north of Canada's mainland that are retaining the Arctic ice for longer, according to a ...

Apple Music giving former Beats subscribers month grace period to migrate libraries
... all of their content, playlists, music, and preferences will be safe until January 19th, 2016. That means that you have until then to migrate ...

Verizon Explains the Real Reason Geese Migrate
Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots , new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv , a company that catalogs, tags ...