How do I delete an IP address from the DNS server list?

I just finished a migration. On my old server, the DNS server used the
secondary IP address that I had bound to the NIC. When I reinstalled
DNS/DHCP, I had forgotten to put the "add secondary address" line in my
autoexec.ncf. The new install assigned the DNS server to my primary IP
address. No workstations were able to get DNS services from the server,
because they were being told to look to the old address for DNS. I added the
secondary IP address and rebooted. I now have DNS servers running on both IP
addresses and DNS works again. How do I remove the DNS service from the
primary address? There is actually four listings in the IP Address
Management screen, two for each IP address. Is that normal?

0
Jerry
1/13/2007 11:32:11 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's normal for all bound addresses to be listed as NAMED binds to all
available addresses when it is loaded.  I don't know why each would appear
twice though.  If all is working OK, you can probably ignore it, or if it's
really bugging you, you could poke around in ConsoleOne, probably the Other
tab for the server, and see if you can find and remove the extras.
--
bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0