DNS Suffixs in Netware DHCP server

 I am trying to configure our Netware DHCP server to send out the Domain DNS
Suffix search order. Is this possible? If so where do you do the
configuration?

Any help would be great!

Thanks Much!
Mike

0
Michael
9/17/2007 7:00:52 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

TID 10060439 any help ?

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

Thanks

"Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message
> TID 10060439 any help ?
>
> Cheers Dave
>

> --
> Dave Parkes [NSCS]
> Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
Michael
9/18/2007 3:18:18 PM
Maybe 'help' was a poor choice of words <g>, but at least it lists some
alternatives.

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0
Dave

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility
I have been reconfiguring our Novell 5.1 SP4 DHCP/DNS server to pass NDS Server, Tree, and Context information through DHCP. I would like to specify the Primary Domain suffix for Windows 2000 workstations. Currently, we manually enter a suffix domain name under the TCP/IP properties, but IT staff sometime forget to perform this step. Any help would be appreciated. Also, the DHCP/DNS Utility appears to have a display bug. The Directory Agent (Code 78) has been specified in my DHCP settings, but no value is displayed unless I click on the Modify button. We are running ...

DDNS
--____OGIJWEIFSZWDFEMDUXEK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 10 Jan 2007 09:40:29 -0500" We have a Netware 6.5 sp5 server running DHCP and I recently setup a SLES = 10 DNS server, and now i want to dynamically add my workstation hostnames = to the DNS server. I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my = TSIG Private and public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys = to my clients. I'm assuming i would use DHCP, but do not see...

W2K3 server DNS/Netware 5.1 DHCP
Can anyone tell me if (and how to configure) Novell DHCP (5.1) can dynamically update a Windows 2003 Server DNS? I can get the WinXPpro clients to update to the W2K3 server, but I will have to go to each machine and type in the domain suffix (since they are not member of the ms domain) as well as configuring them to register that connection in DNS. Jeff As a sidenote...I think my answer lays in DHCP option 15...but it is not listed under the other options tab in DNSDHCP managment . Jeff "jeff4379" <jeff4379@news.postalias> wrote in message news:206Tc.2...

migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server
Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases? I don't want to have to reenter all of my special DNS info again. Also, when I change the DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS service. I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6 server already? If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the ...

Migrate DNS/DHCP from a linux bind8/dhcpd3 machine to a netware 6 server
Hi Guys, The documentation at the Novell site wasn't overly helpful in this quest. What I want to know is whether there's an easy way of migrating my zone-files and dhcpd.conf from existing debian boxes to a novell server, like in just copying the files over ... I'd like to preserve both since they're quite big, the dhcp-server only handing out leases to know MACs. I'd hate to have to re-enter them all. Cheers, Andrej If debian writes your DHCP info to DHCPTAB3 formatted files, then you should have no problem there. DNS files can also be imported. Yo...

Netware DNS compatibility with other secondary DNS servers
I have a problem where the primary DNS information for a domain is on a Netware 6 server. The secondary is hosted by an ISP. When I look at the SOA information on the ISP, the serial number is always 0, the refresh is always the number that the matches the serial, the retry is the refresh number and so forth. Has anybody seen this? I've done this type of thing a couple times in the past and have searched here and other places and can't seem to find that anybody else has seen this....anybody have any ideas? Just wondering, why is an ISP hosting your secon...

GlobalNames DNS zone and NetWare DNS servers
We have a mix of NetWare 6.5 and Windows Server 2008 DNS servers. There is a forwarding zone in Novell that points to the Windows DNS servers for the DNS zone abc.xyz.local. Most workstations are configured for the DNS zone named xyz, so when they attempt to resolve a host name, they append xyz (i.e. webserver.xyz). Novell is primary for the xyz zone, and the workstations point to Novell, so it resolves properly. A few workstations are domain-joined, so they append abc.xyz.local (the AD domain name), turning webserver into webserver.abc.xyz.local. They also point to NetWare DNS, wh...

DHCP/DNS console
It is an oddity. In one of my subnets at another building, if I run DNS/DHCP Console, I can see both DHCP servers in the one tree. I can also manage and edit them. If I am in the other building (separate subnet), if I run DNS/DHCP Console, it does not recognize any DHCP servers. DHCP is working in both buildings but I currently need to be in the other subnet to manage them. These trees were merged and the second DHCP server reconfigured. Servers are running NW6 SP5 patched up to current levels. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Steve D. In article <SjUNg.2618$...

Netware DHCP to SunOne DNS
Currently we are using Netware for DHCP. Our goal is to start leveraging our DHCP setup to start registering and updating our existing DNS Servers running Sun's DNS. What is the best way to go about getting this going and is it necessary to also run Netware's DNS as an in between for this setup? Thanks In article <5olcg.958$Mr.939@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Ted wrote: > What is the best way to go about getting this going and is it necessary > to also run Netware's DNS as an in between for this setup? > Yes, Novell's DHCP server can only upd...

Netware to OES2 DNS/DHCP
I'm about to migrate my two dns/dhcp servers from Netware 6.5.8 to OES2 Linux 64bit machines. I have two questions about the process. 1. I've not migrated a Netware host to a OES2 host yet. I understand it's possible to do an ID tranfser to the OES2 box to keep the servername, ID etc Is this correct? 2. and more appropriate for this forum, DNS/DHCP. Can I run DNS/DHCP on both Netware and OES2 while I upgrade both machines, I will I need to have only one server running these services during the upgrade process? I'll need a couple of days to complete the above...

SLES DNS and NetWare DHCP
We have had DHCP running on NetWare for some time, with no local DNS service. The DHCP option 6 is set to a BorderManager DNS proxy. I just set up a SLES 11 server with named, and it will resolve our local static IP addresses and forward to OpenDNS. I am using it now, and it seems to be working correctly. Next step, can I set the NetWare DHCP server to update the SLES DNS server, or would I be better off setting up DHCP on the SLES server? My main concerns are transitioning to the SLES server without disruption, and getting Option 60 for ZFD PXE boot set up correctly. ...

Windows DHCP
Hi All, We replaced some NW servers running DHCP with server 2003 boxes runnning DHCP. We configured them the same as far as address ranges, dns server addresses, etc. The problem is that the workstations which get addresses from the Server 2003 boxes will NOT register their PTR or A records on our Netware 6.5 SP5 DNS box. Is this a hopeless cause or is there some way to make this work? John Morgan -- Jmorg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In article <Jmorg.3l7f2n@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Jmorg wrote: > The pro...

Web resources about - DNS Suffixs in Netware DHCP server - novell.netware.dns-dhcp

Suffix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In linguistics , a suffix (also sometimes called a postfix or ending or (especially in older literature) affix ) is an affix which is placed ...

Suffix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In linguistics , a suffix (also sometimes called a postfix or ending ) is an affix which is placed after the stem of a word. Common examples ...

New internet suffix bids include '.lol', '.bank'
New internet suffix bids include '.lol', '.bank'

Another Week, Another Gross Misuse of the ‘Gate’ Suffix
... Watch) and infinitesimal group of users (people with wrist tattoos), cut it out! We can only reclaim the original meaning of the “gate” suffix ...

Apple seeks '.apple' domain suffix for websites
Apple is pushing for new Web addresses that would end with ".apple" to compete with the traditional '.com' domain names.

Skip The Domain Suffix And Prefix To Get To Websites Faster Via Mobile Safari
Want to get to websites faster using mobile Safari? No, I’m not talking about upgrading your internet or data plan to LTE or something, though ...

HTC reckons it's business time, includes requisite 'pro' suffix
When established enterprise competition is currently hurting , now's the time to strike. At least, that appears to be HTC's thinking, which has ...

Internet address suffix choice expanded - FT.com
ft.com > Companies > Media Search Advanced search Subscribe - Sign in - Register - Site tour Welcome Subscribe Your account Site tour Sign out ...

'.OOPS': New Domain Suffix Registration Closed Over Security Glitch
NEW YORK — You're probably familiar with ".com" and ".org." How about ".oops"? A technical glitch forced the abrupt shutdown of a system for ...

Amazon Domain Quest Thwarted? Latin American Countries Want ICANN To Reject Retail Giant’s Suffix Application ...
A group of Latin American countries may have thwarted Amazon Inc.’s request to control the .amazon domain suffix.