DNS Round Robin

Can you do round robin DNS with Netware 6.5?
0
mchalemj
4/29/2004 5:58:48 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

AFAIK, it should work like 6.0 in which case it does it automatically
when you assign multiple IP addresses to a single host name.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad

DNS? What DNS?
This has never happened before and in light light of this morning's news about the DDOS I was wondering if it is just my machine or if something else is going on. Background: A firewall on one of my machines blocked IE from getting to the net. I wanted to trace where it was planning to go to (207.188.24.150)to figure out if this was just XP again or something else. I tried Neo Trace and PC Helps "Net Tracer" but neither can track it. All I get is "undetermined" or "timed out" Robin In article <3DB714A2.7050902@twcny.rr.com>, omeru...

DNS UP
Hi We are running 2 BM (3.8) Proxies and until today they have been operating reasonably well. Today we have started getting a lot of 504 errors on workstations using either both servers, looking at the proxy DNS page (on both servers) the DNS links are continually going up and down (like our internet) We have 3 DNS servers entered 2 external and 1 internal. I have tested from outside the BM Servers $and know the 2 external DNS servers are working fine (also no one else who use our provider have an issue). The internal DNS also seems fime. We have not made any changes to th...

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility
I have been reconfiguring our Novell 5.1 SP4 DHCP/DNS server to pass NDS Server, Tree, and Context information through DHCP. I would like to specify the Primary Domain suffix for Windows 2000 workstations. Currently, we manually enter a suffix domain name under the TCP/IP properties, but IT staff sometime forget to perform this step. Any help would be appreciated. Also, the DHCP/DNS Utility appears to have a display bug. The Directory Agent (Code 78) has been specified in my DHCP settings, but no value is displayed unless I click on the Modify button. We are running ...

dns round-robin
We have an F5 load balancer that is using round robin algorithum for our two app servers. We want to get rid of the F5's and use internal DNS round robin... I'm assuming if i make two RR entries for the DNS entry it will work? Will the client that goes to app1, always goto app1? how do I set the RR record to expire? What happens if app1 is down, will the client goto app2 or hang? --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Yes, you can create a resource with multiple RR entries. Typi...

GlobalNames DNS zone and NetWare DNS servers
We have a mix of NetWare 6.5 and Windows Server 2008 DNS servers. There is a forwarding zone in Novell that points to the Windows DNS servers for the DNS zone abc.xyz.local. Most workstations are configured for the DNS zone named xyz, so when they attempt to resolve a host name, they append xyz (i.e. webserver.xyz). Novell is primary for the xyz zone, and the workstations point to Novell, so it resolves properly. A few workstations are domain-joined, so they append abc.xyz.local (the AD domain name), turning webserver into webserver.abc.xyz.local. They also point to NetWare DNS, wh...

Netware DNS compatibility with other secondary DNS servers
I have a problem where the primary DNS information for a domain is on a Netware 6 server. The secondary is hosted by an ISP. When I look at the SOA information on the ISP, the serial number is always 0, the refresh is always the number that the matches the serial, the retry is the refresh number and so forth. Has anybody seen this? I've done this type of thing a couple times in the past and have searched here and other places and can't seem to find that anybody else has seen this....anybody have any ideas? Just wondering, why is an ISP hosting your secon...

Defending your DNS: best practices for reliable DNS and DHCP
Well-publicized attacks against Domain Name System (DNS) root servers and top-level domains highlight the vulnerability of the DNS infrastructure. Many CIOs are looking for ways to ensure secure, reliable network services. We've identified design principles and best practices for resilient, reliable Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and DNS services. DNS is the protocol and global network of servers that translate host names into Internet Protocol addresses. Before taking action, prioritize the risks to your network and identify the potential threats you may face. [ Rea...

DNS Round Robin Configuration
When configuring a custom Adaptive Agent have people configured the agent to point to a round robin address that services all primary servers or have they added each server name in turn into the custom agent? I have found that regardless of the Closest Server Default Rule all servers are not accessed equally unless a round robin address is used by the adaptive agent. Does anyone have any best practice information regarding this? -- gmwnhs1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Has no one out there used DNS A records that round robin ...

Dns/DHCP Netware upgrade
Hi, We have two 5.1sp6 servers running DNS and DHCP services. We want to move these 2 services to two new servers running Netware 6.5sp1a. What is the best way to do this? Is there something special to do, take care? Thank you --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If they are in the same tree, then you really don't have to worry about = much at all (create the new server objects, make sure that any routers = doing BOOTP forwarding are setup for the new servers, then move the = s...

round robin DNS question
I want to setup round robin DNS on Netware 6 and not quite sure how to do it. Do I create the resource record and then add multiple addresses to it? For example, if I create a resource record for the host name "foobar" and then add ip addresses to it, is that the right way to do it? Thanks, Leo In article <OnDeb.381$mH2.281@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>, Leo Boucher wrote: > Do I create the resource record and then add multiple addresses to it? > Exactly. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp www.InsightNetSolutions.net Hello Brad, I was ju...

SLES DNS and NetWare DHCP
We have had DHCP running on NetWare for some time, with no local DNS service. The DHCP option 6 is set to a BorderManager DNS proxy. I just set up a SLES 11 server with named, and it will resolve our local static IP addresses and forward to OpenDNS. I am using it now, and it seems to be working correctly. Next step, can I set the NetWare DHCP server to update the SLES DNS server, or would I be better off setting up DHCP on the SLES server? My main concerns are transitioning to the SLES server without disruption, and getting Option 60 for ZFD PXE boot set up correctly. ...

Windows DHCP
Hi All, We replaced some NW servers running DHCP with server 2003 boxes runnning DHCP. We configured them the same as far as address ranges, dns server addresses, etc. The problem is that the workstations which get addresses from the Server 2003 boxes will NOT register their PTR or A records on our Netware 6.5 SP5 DNS box. Is this a hopeless cause or is there some way to make this work? John Morgan -- Jmorg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In article <Jmorg.3l7f2n@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Jmorg wrote: > The pro...

Web resources about - DNS Round Robin - novell.netware.dns-dhcp

Round Top Branch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling . You can assist by editing it . The Round Top Branch was ...

Nordic And Baltic Funding Rounds In November 2015
... by Funderbeam that discovers, tracks, and analyzes on startups. In our newsletter, we're sharing with you weekly stats of funding rounds in ...

UK’s POD Point Launches Innovative Investment & Crowdfunding Round
Originally published on EV Obsession. The UK-based electric vehicle charging station supplier POD Point is launching a new crowdfunding round ...

Mike's Blog Round Up
... the fix in? Beach Peanuts : Let's Talk Turkey: This Is Your Brain On GOP Lawyers Guns and Money : Underdeveloped Nations and the Left Round ...

Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Post Thanksgiving state of play
One’s volatile, the other not so much. That’s the state of play with the primary polls, as per Huffington Post pollster which includes Morning ...

Sumner Redstone Wins Round One Of Competency & Health Care Agent Lawsuit
... his health care agent to be. “I find no urgency,” said Superior Court Judge Clifford Klein Monday. He cited no emergency and Redstone’s around ...

Rally 'round the family with Runbow and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
With Thanksgiving almost upon us, many of us here in the U.S. of A. are gearing up to navigate through social/emotional minefields that have ...

Jimmy Fallon and Rashida Jones Slay Another Round of Holiday Melodies
Jimmy Fallon and Rashida Jones Slay Another Round of Holiday Melodies

Hobby Lobby Owners Win First Round In $3 Million Tax Refund Case
Hobby Lobby became well known for its challenge to the contraceptive mandate under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) succeeding in carving ...

Charming insulated yurt cabins add round homes to the tiny house movement
Read the rest of Charming insulated yurt cabins add round homes to the tiny house movement