DNS/DHCP Management Console

I am getting the following error message when loading the DNS/DHCP
Management Console:

LA002:  Fail to create NDS context.

If I click on OK, then I get a blank field for Enter NDS Tree Name.

0
Robert
2/19/2004 8:32:52 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did this use to work on this PC?
If so what changed?
WHat OS/SP on the PC?
What NW Client version/sp?

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Principal Consultant

The filename is DNSDHCP3.EXE

>>> Robert Leet<rleet_nospammers@sevencounties.org> 2/19/2004 2:32:52 PM >>>
I am getting the following error message when loading the DNS/DHCP
Management Console:

LA002:  Fail to create NDS context.

If I click on OK, then I get a blank field for Enter NDS Tree Name.

0
bakin
2/20/2004 10:55:07 PM
> Did this use to work on this PC?
> If so what changed?
> WHat OS/SP on the PC?
> What NW Client version/sp?
>
> --
> Timothy Leerhoff
> Principal Consultant
> Independant Experts
> Novell Support Forums Sysop
Yes
Upgraded Client to 4.90SP1A
Windows 2000
4.83SP1
0
rleet_nospame
2/23/2004 5:43:37 PM
> Download the latest DNS/DHCP Console. This is caused by using the 4.9
client.

> The filename is DNSDHCP3.EXE

PM >>>
> I am getting the following error message when loading the DNS/DHCP
> Management Console:
>
> LA002:  Fail to create NDS context.
>
> If I click on OK, then I get a blank field for Enter NDS Tree Name.
> Thanks ... that would explain the issue.

0
rleet_nospamme
2/23/2004 5:45:01 PM
<rleet_nospamme@sevencounties.org> wrote in message
> > Download the latest DNS/DHCP Console. This is caused by using the
4.9
> client.
> >
> > The filename is DNSDHCP3.EXE

> PM >>>
> > I am getting the following error message when loading the DNS/DHCP
> > Management Console:
> >
> > LA002:  Fail to create NDS context.
> >
> > If I click on OK, then I get a blank field for Enter NDS Tree Name.
> > Thanks ... that would explain the issue.

Is it just me, or is the DNS/DHCP console the most user angry, hard to
follow
tool you have ever run into?

I thought DHCPCONFIG on NW4 was a bit ugly, but this is downright
hostile.
I'd have to say that for once the MS equivalent in NT/2K server is
easier to use
and configure....

--
Geoff Roberts
Computer Systems Manager

0
Geoff

DNS Server Red X in DNS/DHCP Management Console
When I startup named.nlm, I get this: Starting eDirectory integrated Novell DNS Server... error: could not listen on UDP socket: address in use error: creating IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 1 failed; interface ignored error: could not listen on UDP socket: address in use error: creating IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 2 failed; interface ignored Loading the configuration and zone data completed. DNS Server running I can't seem to find any info on any of those errors. Also, in the DNS/DHCP Management Console it shows up as a red X. Other than that, it seems t...

Client 4.9.0.0sp1a Netware 5 DNS\DHCP manager console
After installing Novell Client 4.9.0.0 sp1a the DNS\DHCP management console doesn't start anymore, error message "LA002:failed to create NDS context" DNS\DHCP version NW5_ETF05.01, PC OS Windows 2000 and Windows XP Installing the 4.9.0.0sp1a post update doesn't solve the problem. rcools@berk.nl, > After installing Novell Client 4.9.0.0 sp1a the DNS\DHCP management > console doesn't start anymore, error message "LA002:failed to create NDS > context" > DNS\DHCP version NW5_ETF05.01, PC OS Windows 2000 and Windows XP > Installing the...

DHCP/DNS console
It is an oddity. In one of my subnets at another building, if I run DNS/DHCP Console, I can see both DHCP servers in the one tree. I can also manage and edit them. If I am in the other building (separate subnet), if I run DNS/DHCP Console, it does not recognize any DHCP servers. DHCP is working in both buildings but I currently need to be in the other subnet to manage them. These trees were merged and the second DHCP server reconfigured. Servers are running NW6 SP5 patched up to current levels. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Steve D. In article <SjUNg.2618$...

DNS-DHCP Management Console
I have tried to install the dns-dhcp Management Console and I keep getting the following error message. LA002: Fail to create NDS context I have tried running it with every java between 1.3.0 to the latest 1.4.2 Can anyone help. jnewett@umw.edu wrote: > I have tried to install the dns-dhcp Management Console and I keep > getting the following error message. > > LA002: Fail to create NDS context > > I have tried running it with every java between 1.3.0 to the latest 1.4.2 > > Can anyone help. Update your console. http://support.novell.c...

DNS/DHCP Managment Console
Howdy, Running a Netware 6.5.3 server at a business (mycompany.com). This server handles the DHCP & DNS for all the workstations. i want the FQDN "learn.mycompany.com" to resolve externally to "66.230.200.100". In practice, when a user on the local network enters "http://learn.mycompany.com" into their browser URL, i want them to be taken to Wikipedia.org - I was told that the "DNS/DHCP Managment Console" utility could handle this (which i have loaded), but i have no clue exactly how to add it (without blowing up the serve...

DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility
I have been reconfiguring our Novell 5.1 SP4 DHCP/DNS server to pass NDS Server, Tree, and Context information through DHCP. I would like to specify the Primary Domain suffix for Windows 2000 workstations. Currently, we manually enter a suffix domain name under the TCP/IP properties, but IT staff sometime forget to perform this step. Any help would be appreciated. Also, the DHCP/DNS Utility appears to have a display bug. The Directory Agent (Code 78) has been specified in my DHCP settings, but no value is displayed unless I click on the Modify button. We are running ...

DNS-DHCP Management Console Background
a simple one, Does anyone know how to change/remove the background image within DNS/DHCP Management Console ? why ? because we sometime use a terminal server and the tool is dramatically slow to refresh that pictures that serve to nothing thank you I've never seen this requested before, and don't know of any way to do it. You might request an enhancement at: http://support.novell.com/enhancement/ bd NSC Volunteer SysOp www.InsightNetSolutions.net Replace DNSBACK.JPG and DHCPBACK.JPG in DNSDHCP.jar with a background of your choice. I used ...

DST and DNS-DHCP Management Console
Hi all, I was reading the TID on DST and the DNS-DHCP Management Console. It mentions the the java patch applies only to the DNS-DHCP Management Console form Netware 6.5 sp5. Our environment consists of Netware 6.0 (sp5) with eDirectory 8.7.3.8 and all DNS-DHCP services run on these servers. We have one Netware 6.5 sp5 box. I was thinking of installing the DNS-DHCP Management Console from that server, patching it for DST and using that Console to manage DNS- DHCP. Is it safe to use the DNS-DHCP Management Console from Netware 6.5 sp5 to manage DNS-DHCP running on Netware ...

DNS/DHCP Management Console for XP
I am having difficulty finding a newer version of the DNS managment console. Is there one available and compatible with XP Pro? Thanks Bruce Go here: http://support.novell.com/filefinder/ ...and search for: dnsdhcp3.exe bd NSC Volunteer SysOp www.InsightNetSolutions.net ...

DNS-DHCP Management Console Install
The server is Netware 5.1 SP7 Running both IP and IPX Using a WinXP Pro workstation for the install. Logged in as an admin on both the server and the workstation. When I try to install the DNS-DHCP Management Console I get to 97% and it generates an error. AT 97% during the install an error box pops up that says: ---------- CopyErr Err = -2 OK ---------- When I answer OK then another alert box pops up that says: ------------ Warning readme.txt: Unable to open the input file. OK ------------ Saying OK to that prompt generates another prompt saying installation is inc...

DNS/DHCP Management Console empty
Installed new OES2-Linux in existing tree. Selected OES2 DNS and DHCP. Further no config done on the new server at this time. DNS/DHCP is still working on the NetWare servers. When starting DNS/DHCP Managemt the wrong info is displayed. Only the RootSeverInfo in the new ou of the new Linux-server is displayed. There an RootServerInfo-object was automatically created during the install of OES DNS/DHCP. How to switch to the right RootServerInfo (just 1 ou higher in the tree)? -- dali ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 04.05.20...

Web resources about - DNS/DHCP Management Console - novell.netware.dns-dhcp

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Smarkets: Online betting company with ‘self management’ structure
... the reality for the team at Smarkets , an online betting company based near London’s Silicon Roundabout. The business is run with a “self-management” ...

Agile Project Management in a Larger Organisation – Video of my talk
I was recently asked to do a short talk and Q&A for an agile project management meetup in London. You can see the full video here: https://s ...

Learn Six Sigma and Lean project management for $79
Knowing (and mastering) the Six Sigma and Lean methods is a must for anyone looking for a career in project management today. And this training ...

Master project management with two massively discounted certification courses
In the professional sphere, experience with project management is one of the most valuable skills you can have. Starting is harder than just ...

10 Most Widely Used Content Management Systems Online
... software. The 21st century brought with itself a revolution in the field of website designing and development in the form of Content Management ...

Pain management: We have the technology
From time to time you might see a story pop up written by someone in chronic pain. That story will often detail the needless and unproductive ...