DHCP/DNS console - no DHCP servers appearing

It is an oddity.

In one of my subnets at another building, if I run DNS/DHCP Console, I can
see both DHCP servers in the one tree.  I can also manage and edit them.

If I am in the other building (separate subnet), if I run DNS/DHCP
Console, it does not recognize any DHCP servers.

DHCP is working in both buildings but I currently need to be in the other
subnet to manage them.  These trees were merged and the second DHCP server
reconfigured.

Servers are running NW6 SP5 patched up to current levels.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Steve D.
0
sjdimare
9/13/2006 2:10:58 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <SjUNg.2618$lb5.2361@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> These trees were merged and the second DHCP server
> reconfigured.

Did you remove DNSDHCP from one tree prior to the merge?  If not, you
probably have multiple Locator objects and need to follow Optoin 2 of
this TID:

http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&extern
alId=10014655&sliceId=&dialogID=13429269&stateId=1%200%201126975

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad
9/13/2006 5:19:43 PM
Thanks for the reply.  I just looked and I apparently did not delete them
from the source tree.  Although prior to the merge, I was sure I had.

I will perform option 2 and let you know how that turns out.

Steve D.
0
sjdimare
9/15/2006 3:12:58 PM
In article <_pzOg.4699$lb5.4003@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> I will perform option 2 and let you know how that turns out.

Very good.  I hope all goes well.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad

DNS Server Red X in DNS/DHCP Management Console
When I startup named.nlm, I get this: Starting eDirectory integrated Novell DNS Server... error: could not listen on UDP socket: address in use error: creating IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 1 failed; interface ignored error: could not listen on UDP socket: address in use error: creating IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 2 failed; interface ignored Loading the configuration and zone data completed. DNS Server running I can't seem to find any info on any of those errors. Also, in the DNS/DHCP Management Console it shows up as a red X. Other than that, it seems t...

DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility
I have been reconfiguring our Novell 5.1 SP4 DHCP/DNS server to pass NDS Server, Tree, and Context information through DHCP. I would like to specify the Primary Domain suffix for Windows 2000 workstations. Currently, we manually enter a suffix domain name under the TCP/IP properties, but IT staff sometime forget to perform this step. Any help would be appreciated. Also, the DHCP/DNS Utility appears to have a display bug. The Directory Agent (Code 78) has been specified in my DHCP settings, but no value is displayed unless I click on the Modify button. We are running ...

0.0.0.0 for DNS server IP address in DNS/DHCP console
In DNS/DHCP management console I have a red X accross the DNS server object which doesn't go away and it shows 0.0.0.0 in the DNS Server IP Address field instead of actuall DNS server IP address. How can I edit it and change it to the correct server IP address? Any help would be appreciated -- nsafa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nsafa, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not...

DHCP from DHCP
Hey, I'm trying to subnet my computers in my house. I have a 2wire 2701HG-B. It functions as a router, wireless AP, and DHCP server. Seemingly basic stuff for a home user who doesn't know too much about networking. Like I said I'm trying to subnet my computers (so one's I'm using don't show up to other users so it'll be on a 10.10.10.x instead of 192.168.1.x) and I have a partially working DHCP server. What I can't figure out is who do I point to for the name server and router. Before I get to far let me say what is on my computer. I have two cards...

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

DHCP Server Icon indicates dhcp server is down -- in management console
I am running NW5.1 sp1 and dhcpsrvr v2.0 and dnsdhcp 1.0.5, when dnsdhcp management console is installed on windows xp, it installs fine and it seem to run fine but... the icon designated to show if the dhcp server is down or up is indicating that dhcp services on the server are down. Yet you can check at the server console and the DHCPSRVR.NLM IS RUNNING JUST FINE. DID ANYONE COME ACROSS ANYTHING LIKE IT? THANKS IN ADVANCE! TK tkasprzyk@archatl.com TK, Don�t care about the red cross on the server icon in the management console. It�s a known cosmetic error....

Which server should be DHCP/DNS server?
It makes sense that the BM server is also the DNS server - does it matter which server is the DHCP server, perhaps in terms of speed of logging in, etc.? Is it possible to have the DNS server be other than the BM server? Just want to know if this matters from a system design point of view. Network in question has 4 Netware servers and 1 Windows server. TIA. -S- In article <B2%Uf.9742$_K3.9291@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Steve Freides wrote: > It makes sense that the BM server is also the DNS server - does it > matter which server is the DHCP server, ...

DNS Suffixs in Netware DHCP server
I am trying to configure our Netware DHCP server to send out the Domain DNS Suffix search order. Is this possible? If so where do you do the configuration? Any help would be great! Thanks Much! Mike TID 10060439 any help ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ well it answered my question, you can not use DHCP to push domain suffixs. Thanks "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:xn0fbckkj1gipux00k@forums.novell.com... > TID 10060439 any help ? > > Cheers D...

DDNS
--____OGIJWEIFSZWDFEMDUXEK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 10 Jan 2007 09:40:29 -0500" We have a Netware 6.5 sp5 server running DHCP and I recently setup a SLES = 10 DNS server, and now i want to dynamically add my workstation hostnames = to the DNS server. I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my = TSIG Private and public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys = to my clients. I'm assuming i would use DHCP, but do not see...

dns-dhcp console
there are time when i go to the dns-dhcp console and the entries will not appear, i will then close it, re-open it, and it will appear. this happens to all of our pc's that can do the console. sometimes it will not appear at all. does anyone have any ideas? You most likely are seeing issues with the Java runtime that ships within the DNS/DHCP console. See this TID for instructions on upgrading the Java runtime: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060988.htm -- Jim NSC Sysop ...

DNS/DHCP Console?
Im done with my Netware to OES2 sp1 migration of dhcp and can't seem to find the java management console. Does anyone know where I can get it? Thanks in advance. -- GeoffreyKOBrien ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GeoffreyKOBrien wrote: > Im done with my Netware to OES2 sp1 migration of dhcp and can't seem to > find the java management console. Does anyone know where I can get it? > Thanks in advance. > > ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/DNSDHCPJavaConsole.zip That file doesn't exist on the server...

W2K3 server DNS/Netware 5.1 DHCP
Can anyone tell me if (and how to configure) Novell DHCP (5.1) can dynamically update a Windows 2003 Server DNS? I can get the WinXPpro clients to update to the W2K3 server, but I will have to go to each machine and type in the domain suffix (since they are not member of the ms domain) as well as configuring them to register that connection in DNS. Jeff As a sidenote...I think my answer lays in DHCP option 15...but it is not listed under the other options tab in DNSDHCP managment . Jeff "jeff4379" <jeff4379@news.postalias> wrote in message news:206Tc.2...

Migrate DNS/DHCP from a linux bind8/dhcpd3 machine to a netware 6 server
Hi Guys, The documentation at the Novell site wasn't overly helpful in this quest. What I want to know is whether there's an easy way of migrating my zone-files and dhcpd.conf from existing debian boxes to a novell server, like in just copying the files over ... I'd like to preserve both since they're quite big, the dhcp-server only handing out leases to know MACs. I'd hate to have to re-enter them all. Cheers, Andrej If debian writes your DHCP info to DHCPTAB3 formatted files, then you should have no problem there. DNS files can also be imported. Yo...

Web resources about - DHCP/DNS console - no DHCP servers appearing - novell.netware.dns-dhcp

List of celebrities appearing on Entourage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In several episodes of the HBO original series, Entourage , celebrities , including actors , authors , musicians and athletes , have lent their ...

Core Audiences Targeting Options Appearing In Facebook Ads Manager
The core audiences ad-targeting options Facebook announced in February are beginning to surface in Ads Manager , allowing brands to refine their ...

Facebook Like Buttons Begin Appearing in Online Banner Ads
The Like button has been available since late April, but Facebook and some of its advertisers are taking it a logical step further in a test ...

Exclusive: Interview with Jeff Jarrett After Appearing on TNA IMPACT WR - YouTube
IMPACT WRESTLING Airs on Destination America On Wednesday Nights at 9PM E/P. Get tune information, news and more at http://www.impactwrestling.com. ...

Tony Abbott lifts ban on frontbenchers appearing on the ABC's Q&A program
Federal government ministers have been given a green light by Prime Minister Tony Abbott to appear on the ABC program Q&amp;A again.

9 science-backed tricks for appearing smarter than you are
Warning: You might have to give up beer.

Police investigating video appearing to show anti-Semitic chants by West Ham fans
Tottenham have described as "vile and unacceptable" a video appearing to portray West Ham United fans chanting an anti-Semitic song.

Channel Seven reviewing Mark Latham appearing on Sunrise - DailyTelegraph Search Search
HE has quit his Financial Review column, and it seems former federal Labor leader Mark Latham’s status us a commentator on Channel Seven’s Sunrise ...

GWS midfielder Toby Greene faces scrutiny after appearing to spit at Anthony Miles
GWS coach Leon Cameron has staunchly defended the character of midfielder Toby Greene after the Giant appeared to spit in the direction of Richmond's ...

Tony Abbott and Q&A: Before the boycott Abbott loved appearing on the ABC show
... his cabinet ministers to boycott the program, but it wasn't always this way. Long before Malcolm Turnbull electrified Twitter by appearing on ...