DDNS - Using A Netware 6.5 DHCP Server and a SLES 10 DNS Server

--____OGIJWEIFSZWDFEMDUXEK____
	-0500"

We have a Netware 6.5 sp5 server running DHCP and I recently setup a SLES =
10 DNS server, and now i want to dynamically add my workstation hostnames =
to the DNS server. I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my =
TSIG Private and public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys =
to my clients. I'm assuming i would use DHCP, but do not see any place in =
the DHCP Management Console to add the key file. Any help will be =
appreciated.

tia,
- Hogan
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-15=
">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16386" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Segoe UI">
<DIV>We have a Netware 6.5 sp5 server running DHCP and I recently setup a =
SLES 10 DNS server, and now i want to dynamically add my workstation =
hostnames to the DNS server. I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and =
generated my TSIG Private and public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the =
public keys to my clients. I'm assuming i would use DHCP, but do not see =
any place in the DHCP Management Console to add the key file. Any help =
will be appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>tia,</DIV>
<DIV>- Hogan</DIV></BODY></HTML>
--____KLBMKBGPAZHIFRCCBIUN____--

--____OGIJWEIFSZWDFEMDUXEK____--
0
Michael
1/10/2007 7:40:27 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Michael Hogan wrote:

> I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my TSIG Private and
> public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys to my clients.
Sorry, but I think you'll need to ask this in the SLES forums.  I think you
are correct in that DHCP has no option for this.
--
bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad
1/11/2007 4:19:24 PM
--____IANCUGUXZWJUITSTGRAZ____
	-0500"

Thanks Brad, Deep down I figured that's what the answer was going to be. I =
just didn't want to admit it. I'll probably look at running DHCP on the =
SLES 10 box as well.

- Hogan

Michael Hogan wrote:

> I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my TSIG Private and
> public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys to my clients.
Sorry, but I think you'll need to ask this in the SLES forums.  I think =
you
are correct in that DHCP has no option for this.
--=20
bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp