0.0.0.0 for DNS server IP address in DNS/DHCP console

In DNS/DHCP management console I have a red X accross the DNS server
object which doesn't go away and it shows 0.0.0.0 in the DNS Server IP
Address field instead of actuall DNS server IP address.  How can I edit
it and change it to the correct server IP address?

Any help would be appreciated

--
nsafa

nsafa
12/2/2009 10:36:02 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

nsafa,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
12/8/2009 7:50:35 PM
In article <nsafa.42l963@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Nsafa wrote:
> In DNS/DHCP management console I have a red X accross the DNS server
> object which doesn't go away and it shows 0.0.0.0 in the DNS Server IP
> Address field instead of actuall DNS server IP address.  How can I edit
> it and change it to the correct server IP address?

I don't find the indication of the red X to necessarily indicate the
server being down.  (I find the indication to be unreliable).  Probably
the easiest thing to do is to simply delete and recreate the DNS server
in the management console.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Craig

IP Address 0.0.0.0.0
Some Agent which crosses proxy (MS ISA proxy) are register to the database with 0.0.0.0. When the agent send a request to the server for register, the field ContactAddress has 0.0.0.0 .0 The same PC - Agent without passing a proxy (another location) send a good ContactAdress IP when it register to the server. (Proxy or not) how agent defined addresses IP before to send for registration ? (Locally, with a service network, patchlink network) christian Astinx, can you post the agent update log? -- Shaun Pond PatchLink Update Agent.log 2006/10/23 10:45:14.033...

0.0.0.0 ????
Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? Thanks for educating the uneducated. In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the uneducated. > Any available adapter - i.e. not bound to specific IP address. -- Bloated Elvis In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the une...

0.0.0.0
Can someone tell me the function of this scan? FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP "Ben" <notben@home.com> wrote in message news:9mhion$2hf9$1@news.grc.com... > Can someone tell me the function of this scan? > FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP Ben, I haven't a clue. 800 TCP mdbs_daemon 800 UDP mdbs_daemon http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.6 http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.2 -- ...

IP address 0.0.0.0
I am curious to find out entries in my router log (Linksys) which have LAN IP of 0.0.0.0 and destination URL/IP of �. Does nayone know what it means? Is this any hacker activity? Sam <nspam@nospam.net> wrote: > I am curious to find out entries in my router log (Linksys) which > have LAN IP of 0.0.0.0 and destination URL/IP of �. Does nayone know > what it means? Is this any hacker activity? http://www.geocities.com/merijn_bellekom/new/netstatan.html -- Robert GRC newsgroup tips - http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm List of Lists - http://lists.gpick.com/ Privac...

63.0.0.0.0/255..0.0.0
Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. "pb" <nothing@nomail.com> wrote in message news:9pa1u4$38b$1@news.grc.com... > Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking > permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. If it shows in your firewall log, can you post a copy of it? -- � -- Robert grc.com forum FAQ - http://grc.com/discussions.htm grc.com forum quick reference - http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm grc.com forum disclaim...

0.0.0.0 IP ADRESS
Hi !I cant understanding. why the my pc documets using 0.0.0.0 ip adress out for internet ? expecially inetsvc.exe and I got active ports program. I see that, the some of the xp (server 2003) documents using 0.0.0.0 ip adress... is there anyone for help this subject. ? and our server (they have dedicated server) no giving us any information about their company. anyone can be know that why ? and I checked my pc with netstat - r ! its seem so different information that my adsl information...thanksARKIN Explain your problem better please, would love to help you on this subject.Bryan Samp...

Q: Using 0.0.0.0 as the ip address
Can anyone tell me why I should not as a rule be configuring my dataservers to be listening on 0.0.0.0 (ie. INADDR_ANY) rather than a specific interface address? This is a real easy way to make the dataserver listen on all available interfaces. Why would I want to do this? 1. Some of my hosts have multiple interfaces and I don't (want to have to) know when a new one will be installed. 2. Some of the dataservers are used in a warm standby configuration and if I did this I could just bounce an IP alias between the active and standby dataserver. 3. It *may* be more performa...

IP addresses all 0.0.0.0 in srv.log
Does anyone know why Jaguar would report all IP addresses as 0.0.0.0 in the server log? We have 2 servers running, one shows the correct IP addresses and the other always reports zeros. Thanks! Mike. Mike, 0.0.0.0 is the internal address within jaguar. It is used for intercomponet calls Scott <Mike_Peltenburg> wrote in message news:1A2F04C5C44ED6420053579A85256A4C.005357A885256A4C@webforums... > Does anyone know why Jaguar would report all IP addresses as 0.0.0.0 in the > server log? We have 2 servers running, one shows the correct IP addresses > an...

[ 0.0.3466.0 ] == New DNS Enumerator
Gang... The new DNS Enumerator is in this new [ 0.0.3466.0 ] build of DNSB. PLEASE verify that we're still grabbing all proper DNS nameservers. Also... the "Conclusions" Tab is leaking a preview of the way the Conclusions will be presented ... BUT NONE OF IT IS WORKING YET. IT IS JUST MY RAW TEXT DUMP. So please don't worry that it's not about YOUR results. It ISN'T!! Onward! :) -- ________________________________________________________________ Steve. Working on: GRC's DNS Benchmark utility: http://www.grc.com/dev/DNSBe...

!27.0.0.1 vs. 0.0.0.0
I can use any number of tools to see what ports I have listening and/or connected. But among the *Listening* ports, some are 127.0.0.1 and some are 0.0.0.0. What is the difference between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0 ? Since I've got both - there MUST be a difference. Thanks, Alan 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127.0.0.1) > 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces > (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) > > 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127....

Worm hacker IP = 0.0.0.0
Can I block hacker address 0.0.0.0 with my firewall and still allow my NT 4.0 IIS webserver to function properly on port 80 and 443? TIA Ric Griffy I blocked 0.0.0.0 it some time ago and it has not been a problem with my servers. Firewall could not get any information on the hacker but showed it as critical attempt. "Ric Griffy" <alakevue@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:9j848i$gt3$1@news.grc.com... > Can I block hacker address 0.0.0.0 with my firewall and still allow my NT > 4.0 IIS webserver to function properly on port 80 and 443? > > TI...

Cluster resource IP of 0.0.0.0
Was inspecting our cluster configuration through remote manager on both of our cluster nodes. Under Clustering/Clustering Config in RM, clicking on the resources shows IP address,AFP,CIFS,etc. All my other resources have a correct IP address assigned to it, however one has 0.0.0.0. We have an IP address certainly assigned to it, but seemed to have lost it I suppose. What process should I go through before/after specifying the IP address, and where else should I be looking to see if something else is screwy somewhere. Thank you in advance. Cheers, CB The best process is...

Moving DHCP from NW5.0 server to Netware 6.0 server.
I am going to need to move our DHCP server in the near future from a NW5.0 SP6a server to NW6.0 SP3 server. From what I can see, I need to: 1.Unload DHCPSRVR on the cureent NW5 server. 2.Create a new DHCP server on the NW6 server using Management Console. 3.Assign the subnets and address ranges to the new NW6 Dhcp server. 4.Load DHCPSRVR on the NW6 server. Am I missing anything? Also, can this be done with IManager instead of the DHCP Management console? We are unable to use the DHCP Management Console for whatever reason at this time. It takes approximetly an hour to get it ...

Web resources about - 0.0.0.0 for DNS server IP address in DNS/DHCP console - novell.netware.dns-dhcp

IPv4 address exhaustion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPv4 address exhaustion is the depletion of the pool of unallocated Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addresses. The IP address space is managed ...

The backwards notion that Obama was late for the glamorous 2015 Kennedy Center Honors because he needed ...
Here's the standard presentation of that notion in People Magazine , replete with video, from which I grabbed this still. But I think the address ...

Figure out how to address your cover letter - Business Insider Deutschland
... a specific individual. Just because a job posting omits the name of the person in charge of the hiring process doesn't mean you should address ...

​Hillary Clinton to address homegrown terror threat
Democratic front-runner will speak in Minneapolis Tuesday afternoon

Clinton to address terror protection
As domestic terror fears rise, Hillary Clinton is set to explain how she will protect Americans, reports NBC News.

House Republican: Obama Came Out Worse After Oval Office Address
House Republican: Obama Came Out Worse After Oval Office Address

In weekly address, Obama asks Americans to 'stay true to who we are' in fight against terrorism
x YouTube Video This week, like last week, President Obama devoted his weekly address to the fight against terrorism. As I said in my speech ...

Obama’s Sunday Address Watched By 46 Million Viewers
... Obama 's Sunday night primetime speech might have, according to GOP White House candidates, been too little too late – and why give the address ...

Philips and Cisco form global strategic alliance to address EUR1 billion office lighting market
... of Things (IoT) in modern offices. This alliance brings together Philips' LED based connected lighting system with Cisco's IT network to address ...

How Global Capital Markets Firms Can Address Profit Pressures
With the low-hanging fruit already picked, banks need to go deeper to find cost savings.