Problems accessing access database

Running netware 6.1 with SP1A.
When several users access the access database the second user tries to
open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is
exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document.

How to make it work with databases.

0
peter
2/4/2004 9:04:14 AM
novell.netware.6x.storage 4914 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should
use 4.90SP1a instead

--
Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6)
I can resist everything but temptation
>Running netware 6.1 with SP1A.

Actually 6.5 I suspect.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

Problem on accessing Microsoft Access Database from ASP.NET
Hi, I got a problem on connecting the web application using ASP.NET with MS Access. Suppose, i hav a databse located on C:\test\test.mdb (I used Microsoft Access 2003). Then the connection string should be: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=C:\test\test.mdb" When i compiled and run it, it said "Don't have permission to view the database" or "The Database is open exclusively by other user", Why is that happen? Do i need any security setting on the database or maybe there is something else that i should do? Please, I need your assis...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Problem of accessing data from Access
Hi, I have created a simple web application that will display data from the table in Access database file. At first, a connection to a data source is set up by using OleDbConnection provided in the server explorer. After the connection is tested successful, three selected fields of table are dragged from Server explorer to the form. This produces a data adapter and a new connection in the component tray of form. Then a dataset is generated and a datagrid is dragged to the form. In the property window of datagrid, the dataSource, datamember and datakeyfield are set to the required field. ...

Problem to access ACCESS.MDB
I want pipe data from ACCESS-Database to SQL-AnyWhere with Powerbuilder. I can connect the Acces-DB (Format ACCESS 2000 ) with ACCESS 2002 I have made an ODBC DSN for this File. When i try to access the data from Powerbuilder 10.02 I get the Error-Message: >>>> Table "table1" has no columns, possible invalid table format <<<< What I have to check or change ?? Is Access 2002 a unicode version? You may have to set a paramater in DBPARM... On 7 Jul 2005 23:57:42 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity Peter Stojkovic &...

Accessing a Microsoft Access Database
Hello all, I'm relatively new to the list, so I'm sorry if I'm going over old ground here ! I would like to use PERL to view information in a Microsoft Access Database and then use this information in other programs away from the Database. Trouble is, I'm slightly confused by all the information on offer and am not sure=20 of the best way to proceed to allow PERL to gain the information in the Database and I'm also unsure exactly what I need to install on the machine. Does anybody know of a useful web site that I can look at or does anybody have any simpl...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Exception accessing Access database
Hi, I am trying to connect to access database. dim objcon as new OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source = C:\ASPNET\banking.mdb") dim objcmd as new OleDbDataAdapter("select * from Names", objcon) dim ds as DataSet = new DataSet() objcmd.Fill(ds,"Names") MyDataList.DataSource = ds.Tables("Names").DefaultView MyDataList.DataBind() The above is the piece of code where i am getting error The error is Source Error: Line 10: dim ds as DataSet = new DataSet() Line 11: ...

Centrailized access for access database
i want to convert a vb application into asp.net  and back end as access database.how to get an centrailzed access using access database and thru web forms.any help.  Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. any help would be more appericated Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. could not found any reply Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you.  Any possible solutions would be more appreciated Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply help...

Accessing an Access Database on Linux
------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C1DB0F.7665F3F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I need to access a MS Access Database residing on a Linux box and perform some queries. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C1DB0F.7665F3F0-- ...

accessing remote access database
Hi to all, When ever i need to add or delete something from the mdb file where I cant do it in my web site, i am downloading the mdb file, doing the modifications then uploading again.I want my code running on localhost to reach the mdb file on my web site and do any modifications. I have tried to replace the following code string path = Request.MapPath(@"mydb.mdb") with string path = Request.MapPath(@"http://www.mysite.com/mydb.mdb") but i get the error "A virtual path is expected. " Is there a way to reach a remotely hosted mdb file ?   Thanks in advance short answer : No,...

How to access remote Access database?
Hello everyone, What are the permissions we have to give in the Acess db which is in remote? It would be really great if you share me some ideas. Have a good one. Thanks!!!    http://databases.aspfaq.com/database/why-can-t-i-access-a-database-or-text-file-on-another-server.htmlhttp://forums.asp.net/t/1381295.aspx...

Web resources about - Problems accessing access database - novell.netware.6x.storage

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...