after increase size of NSS pool, this pool is bad!

NSS Pool has two HDD (146Gb+72Gb) and work good. This poll contains own
volume. I will increase size of this pool and add one more HDD (146Gb) via
NSSMU utility. Pool increase good, but after reload server, when volume
mounted, NSS report:
----------
Sep 11, 2005   1:26:53 pm  NSS<ZLSS>-3.22-1459: zfsSuperBlk.c[1247]
    Unable to rebuild super block headers.
Run Verify and if necessary, run Rebuild.

Sep 11, 2005   1:26:53 pm  NSS<ZLSS>-3.22-1432: zfsPool.c[3340]
    Volume "N_VLM_1" in group 0 contains invalid super block headers,
status=24867.
Run Verify.
---------
And no more this pool, and volume, and data! a-a-a-a!!
Help!!

Novell Netware, V6.5 Support Pack 3 - CPR Release
Support Pack Revision 03
Server Version 5.70.03 May 23, 2005
Novell eDirectory Version 8.7.3.5 SMP
NDS Version 10551.78  January 22, 2005
NSS Version 3.22 (Build 998)

------------
Igor Rozinov
SysOp
Irkutsk university of a railway transport
Irkutsk, Russia
0
igorx
9/11/2005 4:48:10 AM
novell.netware.6x.storage 4914 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Igorx,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

increasing NSS pool size
Have NetWare 6.0sp1 and can increase size of NSS pool one time. When trying to increase pool a second time the operation fails. No error code reported but message stating operation failed. Can't find anything in knowledge base. Is this an actual restriction or is there a reason for the failed operation? Thanks Hi Is that 6.0 SP1 or 6.5 SP1 ? If thats 6.0 SP1 i would start with SP4..there have been TONS of fixes for NSS in the meantime. -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forum Sysop Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger a...

Increase NSS pool and volume size
I have a Dell 4600 with 5 drives in a Perc3/DI RAID 5 array on a NW6 server. There are 3 drive bays available and I am low on space so I want to increase the size of the array. This is easily done. Now, once done I want to add this newly available disk to my storage pool and my NSS volume. In C1 I have the NSS volume option checked to allow the volume to grow to the pool size. Under the pool, I see I can choose the Increase Size button and select free disk space available that should be there from when I added the drives. So once I add the space to the pool, and the volum...

Increasing NSS Pool Size in a Cluster Environment
Hello, One of the cluster volumes is slowly running out of space. I have two 73GB disks which are available in my DELL SAN storage environment, I have mirrored them and allocated the space to the cluster servers. I want to add this space to the volume by using the Increase Size button in ConsoleOne. I have had a look at Novell's site and according the their docs, it is straight forward, but is there something different I have to do when in a cluster environment. Should the volume be migrated to the master node and space added then, or can I connect to the server that...

Down sizing NSS Pool Netware 6.5sp3
I have a Netware 6.5sp3 server with two pools SYS & COLLEGE Originally the server was migrated from NW6.0 to a new Nw65sp1server with a SYS pool of 6 Gb and subsequently serviced packed to sp3 The College pool is 96 Gb What is the best way to decrease the size of College Pool so I can increase the SYS pool Ta George Papp I think your only option is to contact Portlock. I don't think any NW native app can reduce a partition size. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e...

Netware 6.5sp5 Cluster Increase pool / volume size
Hi All, Not sure if this is the right forum. Please direct me elsewhere if necessary. I have a two node NW6.5SP5 cluster providing basic file server access. The shared disk is on a CX500 EMC SAN. I started with 2x200GB virtual disks. I created a pool and volume on each vdisk. I have now been allocated another 2x300GB virtual disks.I wish to increase the pool and volume size of my existing Pools onto the two new 300GB virtual disks. My question is can I perform the size increase whilst the volumes are mounted and online or do I need to unmount the volumes first? Do I jus...

Unable to create NSS pool (-604 error adding pool to NSS)
I just added new hard drives to a server and am unable to create an NSS pool. I get an "-604 error adding pool to NSS, press enter to continue" error from within NSSMU. Server is currently NW6.5 SP5, with a traditional volume. I am upgrading hard drives and wish to use the VCU utility. I have done this tons of times in the past, and this has never been an issue. Server did this at SP3 level too. I upgraded it to SP5 just to see if that made any difference, it did not. here is screen cap from rconsole/nssmu NSS Management Utility &...

Increase Pool Size
I am about to increase the size of a volume on a NW6+SP3+nw6nss3c server. The volume is NSS, resides on one pool, which resides on one logical volume (presented as one LUN) on a StorageTek SAN. Based on my experiments on a test server I can either: - create an additional logical volume on the SAN and increase the size of the NSS pool using C1 or - use the StorageTek tools to expand the existing logical volume, then, in C1, partition the additional space and add it to the pool The first option will create an additional LUN which will be presented t...

Increasing Pool Size
Can the size of a NSS Pool be increased without affecting the information on the volume? I currently have 1 pool with 1 volume - 20GB. I have extra, unallocated storage space that I would like to use in this pool. Can I just say "Increase size"? Thanks. Adam Block blocka@ulano.com Yep. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) OneNet is better than nothing.NET Opinions expressed in the above text are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. ...

NSS pool increase
Good morning; Does Novell recommend increasing the NSS pool size more then two times. Meaning spanning the pool over three to four partitions!! I have a volume that is very low in free space and thinking about increasing the pool size one more time, have already increased the pool once. Thanks Rahim Riahin Rahim, Theoretically, there is no limit to the number of partitions that an NSS Pool can have. However, in practice you want your pools to be single segments as a system crash that corrupts one of the segments will destroy the entire pool. Our recommendation would be ...

NSS pool size
I would like to know if an NW6.5 NSS pool made up of several segments can be reduced in size without having to delete and recreate. Recently an NSS pool was expanded by an incorrect amount of space, but the volume has not been modified. The NSS pool is made up of three seperate partions as follows: segment 0 125Gb segment 1 50Gb segment 2 150Gb The NSS pool contains a single volume and the volume only uses the first two segments, hence volume size is 125Gb+50Gb=175Gb. The option has NOT been set to allow the volume to grow to the size of the pool, volume size is limited to...

Increasing a pools size
When i trying to use pool-management for increasing a pools size,and adding additional hard disk in pools.(being authenticated as admin) I get the message: no able to autheticate to CIMOM-Client. What's wrong? Trusha Trusha, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other supp...

After increasing NSS POOL...
Hello, I Have 2 NW6sp2 (+NNS patch post SP2) with NWCS 1.6. 1 partition with 1 NSS sharable pool and 2 cluster enabled volumes on this pool. After increasing the size of my NSS pool, if I create a new Volume on the pool, the volume is designated to a server, not to the viritual cluster server. A NSS poll object designated to the server is also created in the tree. Did you have a solution to have this volume as a cluster enabled volume? Thank you for your help. Didier Didier, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. ...

NSS POOL Size
Is it possible to shrink the size of the NSS pool so I can use that space elsewhere. I currently have 132gb of pool space and want to shrink it to 32gb On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 09:45:18 -0800, <coy.emory@ucps.k12.nc.us> wrote: > Is it possible to shrink the size of the NSS pool so I can use that space > elsewhere. I currently have 132gb of pool space and want to shrink it to > 32gb AIUI -- Only with 3rd party tools (Portlock, for instance). But sometimes it is appropriate to have multiple volumes in the same pool. What sort of setup are you trying to achieve? ...

The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached
Hi all, I want to raise this issue again in this forum with hope to get correct and useful answer. First of all, I would like to describe my application design to get better understanding of problem. Client >>> .Net Object (assembly installed in GAC) >>> Web Service >>> Use of few .Net Object >>> Microsoft Data Access Block >>> Database Client loads my shopping cart object (required assembly installed in Local GAC) and call few method for processing order. Internally this object calls WebService method to process order. At my WebService m...

Web resources about - after increase size of NSS pool, this pool is bad! - novell.netware.6x.storage

List of countries by natural increase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The newly formed constituent countries of Sint Maarten and Curaçao are included in the most recent CIA World Factbook death rate lists, but not ...

Journalists See 320% Increase In Facebook Subscribers
A Facebook analysis studying journalists' use of the subscribe feature finds that the group have experienced a 320 percent average increase in ...

New comScore Study Shows Facebook Ads Increase Vehicle Consideration, Decrease Competitor Consideration ...
A new comScore Action Lift study initiated by Facebook shows Facebook’s impact on new vehicle consideration.

Facebook Updates Friend List Interface Again, Hoping to Increase Usage
In a small update that might be hinting at more changes to come, Facebook has altered how users select friends to add to their friends lists. ...

Search Twitter - increase
... using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Top Tweet OECD @ OECD Jun 3 The #gender wage gap is starting to increase ...

Working to increase #transparency: Our latest report - Twitter Blogs
A lot has happened in the data privacy space since the release of our last #transparency report back in January. As we’ve noted, we believe the ...

Voters say ‘No’ to GST increase
A MAJORITY of voters opposes increasing the GST rate, the latest Newspoll shows.

Foreign fighters grilled by Crime Commission as organised crime links increase
Suspected foreign fighters who have returned from battlegrounds in Syria and Iraq are being forcefully interviewed in an effort to identify terrorist ...

Private health insurance premium increases must be justified, Sussan Ley says
Federal Health Minister demands private health insurance companies provide more information to justify premium increases.

China ' s mobile Internet security grim as malicious programmes increase
China ' s mobile Internet security grim as malicious programmes increase China Daily BEIJING - Mobile Internet security is facing a great threat ...