Wrong NetWare version reported after upgrade

Hi

I colleague upgraded a NetWare server from 5 to 6.5 some time back. It
seemed to work ok, but I've never been entirely convinced about it -
occasional slow response times, etc

During a ZenWorks 7 upgrade, I noticed that the ZenWorks install reported
this server as version 5

On investigation, I found that the Version number for the server object in
ConsoleOne is reported as Novell NetWare 5.00.09[DS]

6.5 SP2 is listed in the list of available products on this server, so I'm
confident 6.5 was installed and is running (so is my colleague).

Should I be worried about this (I am) or is this field just a descriptor
that could be safely ignored? Should I reapply SP2 to be on the safe side?
0
Darren

Darren Hammond,
> Should I be worried about this (I am) or is this field just a descriptor
> that could be safely ignored? Should I reapply SP2 to be on the safe side?

What does a VERSION on the server console report?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
10/10/2006 8:01:24 AM
Novell NetWare 6.5
Support Pack Revision 02

0
Darren
10/10/2006 9:33:18 AM
Darren Hammond,
> Novell NetWare 6.5
> Support Pack Revision 02

OK. I checked here. It should really be Novell NetWare 5.70.05[DS]. Let
me ask about this. BTW, I suggest installing SP5, SP5UPD1 and N65NSS5B

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

Netware 6.5 SP7 Upgrade and new install-DS version issue
Two days ago, I upgraded two Netware 6.5 Servers to SP7. Today I installed a new third server with 6.5 SP7. When I run dsrepair and check synchronization, I get the following Server 1 DS Version 10553.73 Server 2 DS Version 10510.64 Server 3 DS Version 20216.51 (NEW) Do I need to upgrade the Edirectory on the first two servers? If so, what risk do I run, and how soon would I need to do that? Please advise. -- fcompagnari ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fcompagnari wrote: > > Two...

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I am in the process of upgrading a Netware 5 server to a Netware 6.5 server and have a few questions: 1. I would like to run both the Netware 5 and Netware 6.5 server at the same time on the same network. (Is there a migration tool that will transfer the data only, having different file server names?) 2. By doing the above, and having the NDS replicate to the new Netware 6.5 server, does this cause any problems? (Eventually the Netware 5.0 server will be taken offline) 3. Is there any pdf file or technical docs on upgrading from Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 and what the issues might be?...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6
We are planning on upgrading from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.0. I do not know which servers I should do first. We are planning on only upgrading a few servers at a time, is there anything that needs to be done to a netware 5.1 server so it can communicate with a 6.0 server before it is upgraded? Here is our layout: All servers are currently running Netware 5.1 SP5/ NDS 8.82 fccadmin.fcc FCC1 - File and print - Master replica FCC3 ZFD4 FCC6 Apps FCC7 GRoupwise 6 SP2 FCC8 Groupwise 6 webaccess inst.fcc FCCA - File and Print Master Replica FCCB - Data Any help would...

Netware 5SP6 upgrade to Netware 6SP3 overlay
After performing a Netware 5 SP6 upgrade to Netware 6 SP3 overlay, my tape device cannot be detected from command prompt. Any ideas. I've checked connections and BIOS detection on Adaptec 29160. Everything appears fine. "my tape device cannot be detected from command prompt." What do you mean by this? Does the command DISPLAY STORAGE ADAPTERS show anything about your tape drive (even if it is just an unbound device)? Also, was your tape drive working with Nw 5? What disk controller are you using? What HAM driver? If you are using an Adaptec SCSI c...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Upgrade Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
I have Netware 5.1 SP7 & eDirectory 8.7.03 with 4 servers. I would like to upgrade all servers to Netware 6.5 but only 3 can be upgraded at the same time as 1 server is in a remote office. Should I upgrade the master server in the root partition first? Also, will the upgrade change the eDirectory version? Should I upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3.3 immediately after the Netware 6.5 upgrade? Please help. Thanks Che From the eDirectory point of view, your servers are already up to date. So an upgrade to NW 6.5 will not upgrade your eDirectory and as such will not create comp...

Upgrade netware 5.1 to netware 6.0
Does netware 6.0 works with no problems with: - Zenworks 3.0 - Bordermanager 3.6 - NIMS 2.6 - Groupwise 6.0 Now we have a netware 5.1 server with all this netware products, and we have also netware 6.0, but not installed, can we upgrade the server directelly to netware 6.0? Or you advise make the upgrade of all this products to the last version? Obrigado, Thank�s Paulo J. Sousa Obrigado, I'm not sure about NIMS, but the rest of the product versions listed should work well with NW 6.0, so you don't have to upgrade them before upgrading to NW 6....

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

NetWare 4.1 Upgrade To NetWare 4.2
We are currently running a 25 user netware 4.1 with patches and need to upgrade to netware 4.2. Is this a patch? a new OS? Can this be downloaded and installed? John G. jagaman@adelphia.net The reason for the upgrade was so we could use Backup Exec 9 John A. Goodrich wrote: > We are currently running a 25 user netware 4.1 with patches and need to > upgrade to netware 4.2. Is this a patch? a new OS? Can this be > downloaded and installed? > > John G. > > jagaman@adelphia.net > You need to purchase Netware 4.2 with the appro...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 upgrade?
I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1 My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 using the migration wizard on one server and have the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. (i.e. have a 5.0 server co-exist with a nw 6.5 server with no issues with edir/nds?) Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the 5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time! Thanks John, > My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I currently have 2 netware 5.1 servers and want to upgrade to netware 6.5. The Netware 5.1 servers are running NDS 7.47. Should I upgrade to edir on the netware 5.1 servers before the migration, if so what are the steps, as I read the update on the netware 5.1 download section that said that the edir update cannot be applied to a 5.1 server running NDS 7.x or can I use NDS 7.47 on the 5.1 server during the migration process? Thanks John, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

Web resources about - Wrong NetWare version reported after upgrade - novell.netware.6x.install

List of reported UFO sightings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to Plutarch , a Roman army commanded by Lucullus was about to begin a battle with Mithridates VI of Pontus when "all on a sudden, the ...

REPORT: Facebook Page Posts Have Shorter Shelf Lives Than Previously Reported
... Facebook pages , as Facebook analytics provider Wise Metrics found that the life span of those posts may be even shorter than previously reported. ...

reported.ly - Chronik-Fotos - Facebook
... A decapitated body was found at the entrance to a business near Lyon, France, with the head found pinned on a fence. Two people were reported... ...

Facebook admits month-long ‘discrepancy’ in reported reach, engagement metrics
... because there’s been a bug affecting those figures. Facebook admitted to many page owners today that there is a discrepancy between the reported ...

reported.ly (@reportedly) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here reported.ly @ reportedly ...

Romney Adopts Reported Obama Admin Plan On Syria - YouTube
Romney Adopts Reported Obama Admin Plan On Syria

New case of Mers reported in Abu Dhabi - The National
The patient, who has a history of kidney disease and just returned from a visit to Saudi Arabia, is in stable condition in hospital.

Paris Attacks: Gunmen, multiple attacks reported - Stade de France, Bataclan concert hall, Paris Shootings ...
THE Paris prosecutor’s office has confirmed that eight terrorists have been killed, but hasn’t ruled out that others may be at large.

Concerns of recruitment to radical groups reported to police
Several senior Muslim figures have reported concerns to the AFP and Victoria Police about al-Furqan and its recruitment of alienated young men ...

Reported sightings of stolen Torana
POLICE have received reports of a stolen $150,000 Holden Torana being driven dangerously on the Brooker Highway.