Upgrade Netware 6.5sp8 to OES

OK, I'm new to SUSE. Reading all the docs I'm confused. I'm going to use
the transfer ID tool to take our server and migrate it to a new server.
Where I'm stuck is where to start with the initial load. The server I'm
migrating also has Groupwise on it. I've read that you need to move
Groupwise to the new server and THEN do a transfer ID. Problem is, how
do I do that first? I'm stuck with do I load SUSE 10 with it's own IP
and name and then load the OES disk? It looks like the transfer ID
doesn't really install edirectory fully so how could I transfer
Groupwise? Not sure on the exact software load sequence. Doesn't seem to
be documented well. I fully understand, from what I read, how to use the
transfer tools. Seems straight forward..

The old netware server has: Master replica, DA, iprint, iFolder,
Groupwise 8, NSS volumes, file shares.

--
drettagliata

drettagliata

Drettagliata,
> The server I'm
> migrating also has Groupwise on it.

You might find more help on that issue in the GroupWise forums. There are also a few TIDs that outline how to move GW and then there is the:
http://postie.caledonia.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

Also see the OES:LInux forums as this is the OES:NetWAre forum.

- Anders Gustafsson  (NKP)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders

Upgrade from NetWare 6.0 SP5 to OES Netware
--____RZGFFFIQAQFWLXRCMWOW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it preferable to upgrade my master replica and SLP server first before = upgrading my other servers or does it not really matter? The reason I'm asking is my 6.0 SP5 master replica server doesn't have = enough disk space on the sys volume to upgrade. It is an older server = that needs to go but the guy before me set it up with a 2GB sys volume and = there is less than 500MB space left. The healthcheck fails.=20 So the question is can I upgrad...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Netware 6 to Netware 6 upgrade over wire fails
We got a failure when upgrading Netware 6 to a new Hardware. I use Mirgation Wizard 6.0, both servers include spack 4. But when i do the NDS Migration, it fails with error code: xfffffd60 at the end. On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:01:54 GMT, Knut.Schmaedt@kdg.de wrote: >We got a failure when upgrading Netware 6 to a new Hardware. >I use Mirgation Wizard 6.0, both servers include spack 4. >But when i do the NDS Migration, it fails with >error code: xfffffd60 at the end. TID 10084499 (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10084499.htm) seems to describe ...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Upgrade from NetWare 6.0SP5 to NetWare 6.5SP3 + all Postfixes
Hi I am planning an upgrade from NetWare 6.0SP5 to NetWare 6.5SP3 + all Postfixes. Are there any "no_go" or "don't_do"? What it the difference choosing the OES option? Thanks, Alex The difference between OES and NetWare 6.5 Sp3 is iManager 2.5 (65sp3 comes with 2.0.2), virtual office 1.5 (nw65sp3 comes with 1.0), QuickFinder Server 4.0 replaces NetWare web search server (which comes with nw65sp3) and you get OpenWBEM For upgrading to OES check here: http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes/install-nw/data/ahzkvh5.html Cheers, Edward <nos...

upgrade Netware 6 SP5 to Netware 6.5 SP5
We want to update a Netware 6 server to Netware 6.5 SP5. The server is running: eguide 2.1.0 NDPS 3.0.5 File services Named $ DHCP 1.2.0 Master server (ROOT-replica) Are there any special steps to take, for updating the Eguide and the NDPS services, or is this migrated by the upgrade process automatically? nospammail@atmyaddress.com wrote: > for updating the Eguide and the NDPS > services, NDPS will get the new NLM's - don't know about eGuide. Make sure you put the NetWare 6.5 OS CD in a workstation and run the deployment manager before doing the upg...

GroupWise 6 and NetWare 6.5 SP5 OES NetWare
Would you please provide upgrade path advice? We currently have GroupWise 6 SP4 running on NW6.5 SP2. We want to patch all the NetWare server with SP5 and a week later upgrade GroupWise 6 to 7. We noticed that NW6.5 SP5 upgrades all of your NetWare 6.5 components to OES NetWare and I don�t know if GroupWise 6 and all of its agents will work in OES NetWare. Should we upgrade GroupWise first to 7 and then apply NetWare SP5 a few weeks later to be safe? You input is appreciated. wkramer@mail.michbar.org wrote: > We noticed that NW6.5 SP5 upgrades all of your NetWare 6....

Inplace Rolling upgrade from NetWare 6 SP4 with Clustering 1.6 to NetWare 6.5 SP2
Hello All, We have a Netware 6.5 sp4 Cluster with cluster services 1.6. We want to do a rolling upgrade of the system. Could anyone point me to the right place so I can do this correctly or give me some advice. Thanks Colin On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:15:08 +0000, colinb wrote: Take a look at TID 10094313 and be sure to the read the NW 6.5 documentation. Also don't forget to use the Deployment Manager off the root of the NW 6.5 OS install CD to prepare your environment for the new versions of eDir 8.7 and NCS 1.7 -- //Niclas Ekstedt _________________________________...

Upgrading Netware 6.0 cluster to Netware 6.5 cluster
Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5 and join the existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other node would you know if this would work ? thanks for your futur reply Oli Hi! We have Nw6.0Sp4 and NW 6.5SP2 working together alright! Virtual volumes etc. HJ >>> <bolivier@eircom.net> 26. elokuuta 2004 18:34:06 >>> Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut dow...

upgrade Netware 6.0 vers netware 6.5 SP8
Hello, J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. i don't no how to begin que update. the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic on install, anythink do" help me please Thanks -- Pagnucco ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pagnucco, > J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. > i don't no how to begin que update. > the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic > on install, anythink do" &...

NetWare 6.0sp5 upgrade to NetWare 6.5sp6 ABENDs server
Problem: The source of the problem is NFAP code in NFS. Sympton: Trying to mount 4-16-2007 10:20:13 am : Warning : Could not resolve 9:26:5:6 to a name /DATA1/LINUX/HOME. Mount will fail. Add an entry in hosts file or DNS. 4-16-2007 10:20:13 am : Warning : 192.168.0.233 Failed to mount /DATA1/LINUX/HOME using Mount version 1. Permission denied. 4-16-2007 10:20:18 am : Warning : Could not resolve 9:26:5:6 to a name /DATA1/LINUX/HOME. Mount will fail. Add an entry in hosts file or DNS. 4-16-2007 10:20:18 am : Warning : 192.168.0.233 Failed to mount /DATA1/LINUX/HOME using Mount...

netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade
how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? kjs@verizon.net wrote: > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? Well you got a few options here. You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server. If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade. If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration wizard. -- Cheers, Edward where can i get the migration wizard? > kjs@verizon.net wrote: > > > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 serve...

Web resources about - Upgrade Netware 6.5sp8 to OES - novell.netware.6x.install

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

Premium Suite Upgrade for Galaxy SIII (Part 1) - YouTube
Now, you can make your Galaxy SIII even smarter with this Premium Suite upgrade which is designed just for the Galaxy SIII! (Part 1) Following ...