upgrade Netware 6 SP5 to Netware 6.5 SP5

We want to update a Netware 6 server to Netware 6.5 SP5.

The server is running:
eguide 2.1.0
NDPS 3.0.5
File services
Named $ DHCP 1.2.0
Master server (ROOT-replica)

Are there any special steps to take, for updating the Eguide and the NDPS
services, or is this migrated by the upgrade process automatically?

0
nospammail

nospammail@atmyaddress.com wrote:

> for updating the Eguide and the NDPS
> services,

NDPS will get the new NLM's - don't know about eGuide.  Make sure you
put the NetWare 6.5 OS CD in a workstation and run the deployment
manager before doing the upgrade.  I assume you downloaded the NW65 SP5
ISO's and made the installation CD's from those - if not, you need to
do so

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
> nospammail@atmyaddress.com wrote:
>
> > for updating the Eguide and the NDPS
> > services,
>
> NDPS will get the new NLM's - don't know about eGuide.  Make sure you
> put the NetWare 6.5 OS CD in a workstation and run the deployment
> manager before doing the upgrade.  I assume you downloaded the NW65 SP5
> ISO's and made the installation CD's from those - if not, you need to
> do so

eGuide does not get updated by any support pack.

You have to download (if you can still find it) the latest eGuide
software and apply it.

Although technically eGuide is replaced by IDM 3 "white pages".

(we have eGuide here, so that's why I can assure you that the SP doesn't
touch the webapps\eguide stuff UNLESS it was never installed before).

That doesn't mean it won't make changes to the Tomcat stuff that eGuide
may be using, but the configuration, etc. don't get updated by just
applying the support pack.

The only exception I can think of to this is:

If you upgraded from NW 6 to 6.5 and used an overlay CD.  THEN it may
have upgraded from eGuide 2.1 to 2.1.2 (but that's the latest version I
see--which is from January of 2004)

--Kevin
0
m_jonis
5/2/2006 8:14:04 PM
m_jonis wrote:

> eGuide does not get updated by any support pack.

thanks for the info!

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph

netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade
how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? kjs@verizon.net wrote: > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? Well you got a few options here. You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server. If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade. If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration wizard. -- Cheers, Edward where can i get the migration wizard? > kjs@verizon.net wrote: > > > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 serve...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

unable to unlock screensaver after upgrade from netware 6.5 SP5 to Netware 6 SP6.
--____HZWSRIDOPQOGXTPYETVH____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 14 Dec 2006 09:45:16 +0100" After the upgrade of a netware 6.5 SP5 server to SP6, I can no longer = unlock the netware screensaver. The message that appears on the console = for a failed login is the following: 14-12-2006 8:11:44 : NMAS-31200610.14-14 NMAS.NLM intruder detection locked user account CN=3Dconsole.O=3DLICOM= The parameters with which the screensaver is loaded are: Loa...

Upgrade Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5
I would like to upgrade a Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5. All documentation I've read says to do an in-place upgrade on each node to accomplish this. When I try an in-place upgrade of a test standalone 6.0 server it is very messy. What I would like to do instead is remove 1 node from the cluster (TID 10060341), rebuild it from scratch as a 6.5 server and add it back to the cluster. Repeat the process for the remaining 2 nodes. Should this work? I like the idea of having a clean install of the OS. Yes, that should work. -- Andrew C Taubman Nov...

NetWare 5.1 SP5 to NetWare 6.5 upgrade questions
Hello, We have plans to upgrade from NetWare 5.1 (Edir 8.6.2 SP3) to NetWare 6.5 later this year. We have to consider the NFS 3.0 replacement to Native File Access on one server, and then comes my next question. Should we/must we upgrade our Edirectory from 8.6.2 to 8.7.x prior to upgrade? And what is the current recommended Edirectory 8.7.x SP? version we should upgrade to? Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, The first task is to install NW51SP7 and verify to have the same level of NICI (56/128 bits) and eDir on all servers. Stany. > Hello, > We have plans to upgr...

Upgrade from NetWare 5.1 SP8 to NetWare 6.5 SP5
Hello folks, we have one single NetWare 5.1 SP8 server upgraded to NetWare 6.5 SP5 but one error was shown during this procedure. The following box appeared telling us: Windows: SNMP Object Creation Error Contents: An error was encountered while creating the eDirectory SNMP objects. The error returned was -625. Please see the readme for instructions on how to perform this task manually. Couldn't find a suitable readme but I have found a documentation how to create the SNMP group object under NetWare. The command SNMPINST.NLM -c <AdminContext> &l...

GroupWise 6 and NetWare 6.5 SP5 OES NetWare
Would you please provide upgrade path advice? We currently have GroupWise 6 SP4 running on NW6.5 SP2. We want to patch all the NetWare server with SP5 and a week later upgrade GroupWise 6 to 7. We noticed that NW6.5 SP5 upgrades all of your NetWare 6.5 components to OES NetWare and I don�t know if GroupWise 6 and all of its agents will work in OES NetWare. Should we upgrade GroupWise first to 7 and then apply NetWare SP5 a few weeks later to be safe? You input is appreciated. wkramer@mail.michbar.org wrote: > We noticed that NW6.5 SP5 upgrades all of your NetWare 6....

Upgrade of iManager 2.6 Sp2 to 2.6 Sp3 on OES Netware 6.5 SP5 (Plus all post SP5 patches) Abends Server
Hello: I have encountered the following: OES Netware (6.5 SP5+) Environment eDir 8.7.3.8 NW 6.5 SP5 Plus Public Domain Post SP5 Patches iManager 2.6 SP2 Upgrading from iManager 2.6 Sp1 to 2.6 SP2 was an issue free process, a 5 minute Job. Upgrading the same servers from iManager 2.6 SP2 to 2.6 Sp3 produced the following (See sample abend log below) > ********************************************************* > Novell Netware, V6.5 Support Pack 5 - CPR Release > PVER: 6.50.05 > > Server MIKOS halted Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:15:04.574 am > Abend 1 on P0...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Upgrading NetWare 6 to 6.5 SP5 with hardware upgrade.
Hello all, I wanted to ask any of you with experience upgrading NetWare with the migration utility 8.1 a few questions. I have an upgrade that is imminent and I will need to move a current NetWare server (6.0 SP5) to new hardware and I want to upgrade it (6.5 SP5). This server also runs an essential GroupWise POA. I have gathered as much documentation from Novell as I can find but there are a few grey areas which I was hoping some of you could answer for me. I have installed the new hardware into it's own temporary tree and pointed it to our SLP servers. First problem ...

Forums
OK a little confused here. If NW 6.5 sp5 IS OES on NW. Should posts be here or in the OES NW forum ? Tim, > OK a little confused here. > > If NW 6.5 sp5 IS OES on NW. > > Should posts be here or in the OES NW forum ? Either - a post to one will be X-posted to the other automatically. -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) In novell.support.open-enterprise-server.netware.install-upgrade Tim Tye <Ttye@removespamlason.c...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Web resources about - upgrade Netware 6 SP5 to Netware 6.5 SP5 - novell.netware.6x.install

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube