Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5

I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5.  I have link to go to download a
21KB zip file.  Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there
something else that I have to get?  Do I just burn these files to a CD
and run it, to perform the upgrade?  Any help would be good.  Thanks

Jason Roggentien
0
jroggen

Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that.

1)	Do you have a license for 6.5?
2)	What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server?
3)	Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade?

--
Barry Schnur
Barry
> Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that.
>
> 1)	Do you have a license for 6.5?
> 2)	What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server?
> 3)	Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade?
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

Yes, I have a license.  I click this link and then it takes me to a
novell login screen.  I login, and it says Electronic Product Delivery.
Then it shows License Downloads, License Type= Netware 6.5(Unlimited),
FileName= 301646153.zip and then it says download.  The zip file is like
21 KB.  I just don't know what to do from here.  Do I need to download
the ISO for Netware or something else?  Thanks

Jason Roggentien
0
jroggen
6/29/2005 7:22:41 PM
> Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that.
>
> 1)	Do you have a license for 6.5?
> 2)	What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server?
> 3)	Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade?
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

I forgot to mension that I am running Netware 6.0 with Service Pack 5. I
am doing an in place upgrade, but I can also do it remotely.  Thanks

Jason Roggentien
0
jroggen
6/29/2005 7:24:36 PM
OK -- You are going to need to download the OS and PRODUCT ISO's and
create CD's as well.

I haven't done an in place with 6.5 over 6.0 but I *believe* what you
will need to do is either a remote install, or at the server console 1
screen run the install from the mounted OS 6.5 CD.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

> Do I need to download
> the ISO for Netware or something else?

download
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970994.htm
and
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970992.htm

those are the netware 6.5 product and OS overlay CD's

put the OS cd in the CDROM
type CD9660 to mount it
type STARTX to start the GUI
run install from the GUI

DO NOT boot from the CD to run the install or it will eat your system

Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
Joseph
6/30/2005 10:36:49 AM
> :
>
> > Do I need to download
> > the ISO for Netware or something else?
> >

> download
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970994.htm
> and
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970992.htm
>
> those are the netware 6.5 product and OS overlay CD's
>
> put the OS cd in the CDROM
> type CD9660 to mount it
> type STARTX to start the GUI
> run install from the GUI
>
> DO NOT boot from the CD to run the install or it will eat your system
>
> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

What about the data that is already on the server.  Will I need to do
some kind of migration or does the OS install overtop and leave
everything the way it is?  I have never done this before, I just want to
be careful, because there is a lot of data on there.  Thanks for the help.

Jason Roggentien
0
jroggen
6/30/2005 2:59:21 PM
See
http://www.novell.com/documentation/nw65/install/data/hqwoj1yu.html#hqwoj1yu

Also, make sure that you have a full backup of your server or you might
learn it the hard way ;-)

Cheers,
Edward

<jroggen@encompassiowa.com> wrote in message
>> :
>>
>> > Do I need to download
>> > the ISO for Netware or something else?
>> >

>> download
>> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970994.htm
>> and
>> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970992.htm
>>
>> those are the netware 6.5 product and OS overlay CD's
>>
>> put the OS cd in the CDROM
>> type CD9660 to mount it
>> type STARTX to start the GUI
>> run install from the GUI
>>
>> DO NOT boot from the CD to run the install or it will eat your system
>>
>> Joe Moore
>> Novell Support Forums SysOp
>> http://just.fdisk-it.com
>> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
>> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
>> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
>>

> What about the data that is already on the server.  Will I need to do
> some kind of migration or does the OS install overtop and leave
> everything the way it is?  I have never done this before, I just want to
> be careful, because there is a lot of data on there.  Thanks for the help.
>
> Jason Roggentien

0
Edward
6/30/2005 10:11:24 PM
> I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5.  I have link to go to download a
> 21KB zip file.  Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there
> something else that I have to get?  Do I just burn these files to a CD
> and run it, to perform the upgrade?  Any help would be good.  Thanks
>
> Jason Roggentien

Jason download the 6.5 iso files and burn them to a cd there will be cd 1
and cd 2 you will need to obtain your 6.5 license and that will be all
you need as far as software for the upgrade.  good luck.
0
mcoultas
7/2/2005 4:00:35 PM
> :
>
> > Do I need to download
> > the ISO for Netware or something else?
> >

> download
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970994.htm
> and
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970992.htm
>
> those are the netware 6.5 product and OS overlay CD's
>
> put the OS cd in the CDROM
> type CD9660 to mount it

So after I install the OS, do I then put in the Products CD?  What is on
the Products CD that I will have to use?  Thanks

Jason Roggentien
> type STARTX to start the GUI
> run install from the GUI
>
> DO NOT boot from the CD to run the install or it will eat your system
>
> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
jroggen
7/5/2005 3:50:54 PM
When you do the install the specific products you choose to install
(Imanager, web support, Console1, Ifolder, etc.) will dictate just what
components will be required from the Products ISO.

You will be prompted to insert the products ISO during the install for
those components.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

upgrade Netware 6.0 vers netware 6.5 SP8
Hello, J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. i don't no how to begin que update. the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic on install, anythink do" help me please Thanks -- Pagnucco ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pagnucco, > J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. > i don't no how to begin que update. > the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic > on install, anythink do" &...

Upgrading Netware 6.0 cluster to Netware 6.5 cluster
Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5 and join the existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other node would you know if this would work ? thanks for your futur reply Oli Hi! We have Nw6.0Sp4 and NW 6.5SP2 working together alright! Virtual volumes etc. HJ >>> <bolivier@eircom.net> 26. elokuuta 2004 18:34:06 >>> Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut dow...

netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade
how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? kjs@verizon.net wrote: > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? Well you got a few options here. You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server. If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade. If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration wizard. -- Cheers, Edward where can i get the migration wizard? > kjs@verizon.net wrote: > > > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 serve...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 upgrade?
I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1 My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 using the migration wizard on one server and have the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. (i.e. have a 5.0 server co-exist with a nw 6.5 server with no issues with edir/nds?) Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the 5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time! Thanks John, > My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to...

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Can one tell me how to upgrade a Netware 5.0 Single Server to a Netware 6.5 Singele Server where the Netware 6.5 Server will be on a new Machine. What are the specials one has to look after? Thak you You should look into Migration Wizard to ease this process. Migration Wizard can be downloaded from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Having used Migration Wizard 7.1 to migrate 5.0 to 6.5 I cannot recommend that route. I have seen others in these forums have the same problems I saw. A stepped migra...

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Hello, I have a netware 5.0 (no sp) with ds 7.45 on a Compaq Proliant 3000. This server is alone on my tree. I want migrate this server to Netware 6.5 to a Compaq dl 380 G2. What is the best method ? Thanks for answer Fran�ois-Xavier Derveloy France You will need to deploy updates on the 5.0 server prior to running the Migration Wizard. No SP's at all on the 5.0 server? That is rare indeed. Also, how many users on this server and how much data? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Hello, config.txt give this : Novell NetWare 5.00...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Upgrade from NetWare 5.0 SP6a to NetWare 6.5
Is it possible to do an inplace upgrade from NetWare 5.0 SP6a with NDS version 7.51 to NetWare 6.5, using the Deployment Manager? Thank you in advance for your help. I would not advise it. D/l the 5.1sp7 overlay and migrate to it, then use the mig wiz to move to 6.5. -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com No. Upgrading from 5.0 to 6.5 on the same machine is not supported. The installation program will simply refuse the upgrade. If you want to do an in place upgrade to from 5.0 to 6.5, you have to upgrade to 5.1 or 6.0 first and then upgrade to 6.5. In a...

Upgrade Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5
I would like to upgrade a Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5. All documentation I've read says to do an in-place upgrade on each node to accomplish this. When I try an in-place upgrade of a test standalone 6.0 server it is very messy. What I would like to do instead is remove 1 node from the cluster (TID 10060341), rebuild it from scratch as a 6.5 server and add it back to the cluster. Repeat the process for the remaining 2 nodes. Should this work? I like the idea of having a clean install of the OS. Yes, that should work. -- Andrew C Taubman Nov...

Web resources about - Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5 - novell.netware.6x.install

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...