The problem of installation OES Netware 6.5 in IBM server X3650 Type 7979

Dear ALL,

When I install the Netware OES 6.5, the installation process is hanged up
at the search hardware information.
After it search the RAM size, keyword, mouse, then it hangs at the line of
Processor0.
We use the hardware is IBM server (System X3650 Type 7979) and the server
RAID is Server RAID 8k. We had already update the BIOS firmware and Server
RAID firmware.

Can you meet the above problem at the previous installation??
I have already searched at the discussion formun and knowledge base.
Would you mind to give me some advices???

Many THX
Thomas
0
thomas

Are you doing this install with the latest SP (SP6)?

Also, do you have hyperthreading shut off in the system BIOS?

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Greatfull for any tips.....

Magne

> Are you doing this install with the latest SP (SP6)?
>
> Also, do you have hyperthreading shut off in the system BIOS?
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
magne
2/23/2007 11:29:05 AM
OK -- I'm unfamiliar with the specific hardware here -- what sort of
CPU, BIOS on the motherboard, RAID controller that sort of thing,
perhaps that will light up a couple of my remaining brain cells
<smile>.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Any tips or comments to this?

Magne

"Barry Schnur" <BSchnur@cox.net> wrote in message
> OK -- I'm unfamiliar with the specific hardware here -- what sort of
> CPU, BIOS on the motherboard, RAID controller that sort of thing,
> perhaps that will light up a couple of my remaining brain cells
> <smile>.
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
Magne
2/24/2007 2:22:52 AM
You need to download two ISO's -- the OS ISO and the Products ISO --
both are available for download.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Installing OES 6.5 server in existing NetWare 6 environment
I have got a NetWare 6 environment for which the details are given below. Two servers with: NetWare 6 SP 5 eDirectory 8.7.3 SMP NDS 10550.98 Authentication server is holding master replica and secondary server holding Read/Write replica. Authentication server is also running GroupWise 6 PO, DOM and GWIA. Can I install third server in the existing tree as OES NetWare 6.5 which will act as file server, keeping the existing master replica as it is? What is the best way to have third server with OES NetWare 6.5 in the existing tree? Which changes (for example upgrading eD...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

CDROM problem installing NetWare 6.5 OES
OK, so I'm attempting a fresh installation of NW 6.5 OES on a Dell PowerEdge 2800, and the install gets partway through and barfs on attempting to mount the CDROM (I think!?). Anyway, I found a TID that seems to address this problem (TID 10084945), however I'd prefer to attempt the hardware workaround that the TID mentions versus installing 6.0 and upgrading to 6.5. Problem is that I can't seem to find anywhere in BIOS to turn off IDE channel 3/turn on IDE channel 2, nor does the BIOS show anywhere to modify these values. This is box is about a year and a half ol...

Netware 6.5 SP7 Server install problem
Have following problem on install of the operating sys. , on a Power Edge 2900. Installing the software, the server crashes when reach the following point in the install. When the install asks for the IP address ; I have clicked the IP box on the software install screen of netware , and it crashes the server ? This happened twice, at the same time and place in the install.? Just checking the box , did it. The IP box. Seems too be a conflict with the NIC on the motherboard of the server? Hardware problem, drivers, or software? Any suggestions? I have asked Dell too...

Netware 6.5 install on an IBM 220 x series server
I get to the point in the installation where os files are going to be copied from the cd to the SYS volume and i get a message that the cd is not mounted (it is) or it's bad. I made the cd from an nw6.5 iso image from novell. Is there something wierd doing an install on an x series ibm, or have other people had problems with novell's downloadable iso images? Thanks glesser@cox.net wrote: > I get to the point in the installation where os files are going to be > copied from the cd to the SYS volume and i get a message that the cd > is not mounted (it is) or i...

Web resources about - The problem of installation OES Netware 6.5 in IBM server X3650 Type 7979 - novell.netware.6x.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...