Subnet Route masks

Hello,

We've run out of IP address on one of our class C networks, so what I
trying to do is change the subnet mask of the Class C from 255.255.255.0
to 255.255.252.0, thus giving us 1056 route-able address.

This seems to work well everywhere except in the routing table of our
DNS server which happens to be A NW65 SP8 box with Border 3.9.

For example I added added extra NICs to the servers on this subnet
running out of IPs and set up workstations with IPs in the
192.168.200.0/22 range and we can log into the servers, I added routes
to our layer 3 switches and we can route to our SuperLumin's box (not in
production yet) and we can access the internet. But when we try to
access other devices on our network using DNS or try to access the
internet using the Border box (production box) we can not.

When I tried to add the route to the box using inetcfg it seem to add,
but using TCPCON the route isn't showing up and when I try to add the
route through TCPCON I get an error stating the subnet mask is less than
the default.

I haven't finished testing the SuperLumin's box yet, so moving it into
production isn't an option at this time.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on how to get around this limitation in Netware.  Or do I
just need to bite the bullet and move to a class B subnet.

Allen

--
allenmorris

allenmorris

0
ab

How Do I change the IP address and Subnet mask after I Install
After pulling my hair out with DHCP I have decided to just change my IP Address and subnet mask to make migration faster. ( I am running out of time) I was wondering what all need to be done to change the IP address on my new NW6.5 servers to match up with the existing network. I want to just change my IP on my NW 6.5 servers with without reinstalling. I have looked in the Documentation but I do not see what all needs to be done to change the IP address and Subnet masks on the NW6.5 servers Do I just Change them in the Autoexec file? thanks Ernest , > Do I just Chan...

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

Netware users cannot get to files after subnet mask change
I inherited a Novell 6 system recently. I changed the subnet mask of our single novell 6 server from 255.255.252.0 to 255.255.0.0 on Friday. Everything seemed to work fine. I came back to work today and all of my users can login just fine, but none of there mapped network drives appear under their my computer. These are mapped using login scripts. I can manually map drives just fine. I can ping the server from the workstations just fine. I even tried changing the server's subnet mask back...no avail. Can anyone tell me what I need to look for that may be causing our...

Whats the implication of changing the Subnet Mask of my Netware servers.
My network guys gave an insight about some of our sites running out of IP addresses, so they asked if we can change the subnet mask of my Netware 6.5 from /25 to /24. Is it advisable to change the subnet mask of my Netware servers in those sites alone and what are the implications to my network as regards other sites? Which other files is the mask written to? Hi, Philip wrote: > > My network guys gave an insight about some of our sites running out of IP > addresses, so they asked if we can change the subnet mask of my Netware > 6.5 from /25 to /24. Are you...

Default subnet mask for Netware 6.5 Clustering
Does anyone know if a Netware 6.5 cluster has to have the default mask of 255.255.255.0 with say a ip address of 192.168.1.45 I say this because we currently have a 2 node netware 5.0 cluster ver 1.0 and was told by Novell that because we use a subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 with a ip of say 192.168.1.45 then failover etc will not work. Anybody out there using a different subnet mask when using a Netware 6.5 cluster. Regards. <grrr, ran out of disk space so this will be a shorter reply than originally> it really doesn't matter what the mask is, as long as ...

Whats the implication of changing the Subnet Mask of my Netware servers. #2
My network guys gave an insight about some of our sites running out of IP addresses, so they asked if we can change the subnet mask of my Netware 6.5 from /25 to /24. Is it advisable to change the subnet mask of my Netware servers in those sites alone and what are the implications to my network as regards other sites? Which other files is the mask written to? Philip, > My network guys gave an insight about some of our sites running out of IP > addresses, so they asked if we can change the subnet mask of my Netware > 6.5 from /25 to /24. Is it advisable to change the...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

Subnet Mask
DSL modem set to pass through so router logs in. Seems my new router , EnGenius ESR600H, passes through my isp's network subnet mask 255.255.255.255 and router/computer is 255.255.255.0 . Nat is OK. Of course my firewall logs blocked packets to closed port Never had this with other routers. My question. Since I can change the subnet mask in the router, is there any down side or security issues involved using my isp's subnet mask ? KenW Ken1943 wrote: > Seems my new router , EnGenius ESR600H, passes through my isp's > network subnet mask 255.255.25...

Subnet Mask
I'm sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this. I just want to clear a little something up. IPCONFIG /ALL in Win2k shows my subnet mask to be 255.255.255.248. This leaves a mere 3 bits for my use which provides 7 hosts, minus one which is part of the network host (0). Does this leave me with 6 hosts, or do I have to subtract another one for something else that I'm forgetting (making it 5)? Thank you for your time. ...

Subnet Mask
Hello, How to get the subnet mask using PowerBuilder 8.0.1 on XP? Thanks! Alex ...

Netware installation
I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 on Novell 5.01. Installation completes successfully and the client issues the LOAD command specifying 8M cache and the path to the database. The engine appears to start, yet when the client goes into the system console there is a notice indicating that there has been a critical error and that the database engine is being terminated. The server then hangs. Any ideas as to compatibility or issues that may be causing this to happen? Thanks in advance >I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL An...

Web resources about - Subnet Route masks - novell.netware.6x.install

Cisco Subnet: An independent Cisco community
Cisco Security Watch covers the latest in cisco related security news, expert blogs, resources, and more from Network World editors.

Open Source Subnet: An independent Open Source community
Open Source Subnet is a community centered around the world of Linux and open source software. Here you'll find open source news, expert blogs, ...

Subnet Calc on the App Store on iTunes
Get Subnet Calc on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Microsoft Subnet - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Microsoft Subnet - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Microsoft Subnet from Computerworld

Cisco Subnet - News, Features, and Slideshows
Your guide to the best in tech.

Cisco Subnet
Trending: Friday the 13th Microsoft Azure upgrade Geek Dads share tips World Cup Resources/White Papers Rows network world Most read: descend ...

Webcast: Segmentation Beyond VLANs, Subnets, and Zones
Live Webcast: Wednesday, Sept. 2nd, 2015 at 1:00 pm ET You already know the power of application segmentation to deliver data center and cloud ...

Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter ( MRO ) is a multipurpose spacecraft designed to conduct reconnaissance and Exploration of Mars from orbit. The US$720 ...