replacement of 6.0 server with 6.5 when 6.0 is gone

We had a 6.0 sp5 server running that had a bad hard crash.  In trying to
get a new server back up as 6.0, we have given up after two days since it
does not even say that it is 6.0 compatible, but it is compatible for
6.5.  We have back up tapes for the 6.0 server which is what we intend to
use to get everything back with.  I am guessing that I name the server
temp when I initially install the OS.  How do I get it back into the tree
as the other server with technically a new OS (6.5 instead of 6.0)???  Or
am I going to be better off simply starting from scratch.  David
0
davidnovell

Delete all mention of the old dead server from the tree (see TID
3338221). Once it is completely gone, you can install the 6.5 server
right into the tree with the same name, and then restore your data files
to it.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
1/9/2007 10:15:05 PM
> Delete all mention of the old dead server from the tree (see TID
> 3338221). Once it is completely gone, you can install the 6.5 server
> right into the tree with the same name, and then restore your data files
> to it.
> --
>  Andrew C Taubman
>  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
>  http://support.novell.com/forums
>  (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
>  Opinions expressed above are not
>  necessarily those of Novell Inc.

This has worked for 6.5 other than my licensing issue which I address in
another post.  Does the same thing hold true with a 6.0 server that burned
up that is being replaced by a SUSE server???  This one caused huge
problems since it housed all our certificates, but I think we are almost
ready now.  David
0
davidnovell

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

After NW 6.0 to 6.5 fresh install, 6.0 NSS volume not accessible
I just installed Small Business Suite v6.6 (NW 6.5) over nw 6.0sp4. This was a fresh install on a single-server LAN, not an upgrade (very small tree). The installation went great and, using LIST DEVICES on SYSTEM CONSOLE and NSSMU the SYS and DOS volumes drive show up normally. However, an NSS Western Digital 180 GB PATA drive containing data does not - although NSSMU shows the drive under DEVICES, it is reported with no partitions, and therefore cannot be added to pools and cannot be mounted as a volume. My latest tape backup failed after tape #1, so the drive in question is...

NetWare 6.0 and NetWare 6.6 SBS servers in same eDir
Hello We have a customer with two locations. In one location, they have a NetWare 6.6 SBS server and in the other a NetWare 6.0 server (no SBS). Is it possible to merge this two trees into one eDirectory ? I found a document, which tells that it is impossible to install NetWare 5.0 and NetWare 5.0 SBS into the same eDirectory. Does this still apply to NetWare 6 ? Thanks for your help. Andreas -- infop The licensing is different but should be able to merge these -- especially since the SBS server is at 6.5/6/6 -- licensing with SBS 6.5/6.6 is pretty much similar t...

Netware 6.5 Server in a Netware 6.0 Tree
Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to begin using it as a resource in that tree?" Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server as it stands? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:04:25 GMT, tomm@juice4u.com wrote: >Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with >appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to >begin using it as a resource in that tree?" > >Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server a...

Installing a Netware 6.5 server into existing NW 6.0 Sp5 tree
I want to install a new NetWare 6.5 Server into an existing Netware 6.0 environment. Instead of in place or remote, I want to place a new NetWare 6.5 Server into that tree. Can anyone tell me if this procedure will work with out problems. I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. , > I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory > to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. > Yes. That is recommended. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Isla...

Adding NetWare 6.5 servers to NetWare 6.0 tree
I have two NetWare servers in one tree, one with SP5 and the other with SP3. I would like to add two NetWare 6.5 servers to this existing tree and then I will be clustering the two NetWare 6.5 servers. Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should be aware of? Thanks! , > Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should > be aware of? > Run the deployment wizard from the SP6 Overlay CD. It will tell you what needs to be done. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands ...

Update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.6
Hello togheter I have updated from GW 6.5.0 to 6.5.6. Now when i unload all Groupwise agents the following messaging appear: Return from ipmgmt register = FFFFFFFF errorcode = 8 another message appear also: GWPOA: Malfunctioning with the initialization of the POA (ffffffff). Module XGBAS40.NLM is being referenced. With the update there were no problems. We don't need Webaccess. The GWIA became also updated. What can i do for solve the problem? Thanks Dani Umbricht from Switzerland d.umbricht@seetalschaller.ch wrote: > Hello togheter > I have updated from ...

Server Magic and Netware 5.1, 6.0 & 6.5
I just wanted to make sure that power quest server magic works will all NetWare versions... I was thinking about using it as we hear from our friends that you can take image of your all servers and during disaster you can restore it without reinstalling Server OS, NDS object including licenses, queues and usernames...is it true? If yes, how easy it is? Please advice.. Which version? 6.5 should work with these -- HOWEVER, there are issues with later NSS updates (especially with 6.5). Instead of using it, consider Portlock's Storage Manager which is supported with curr...

Upgrading 4.0 to 5.0 then 6.0 or go straight to 6.0
Hi All, I think the subject speaks for itself Thanks in advance Mustafa You should have no trouble going straight to 6 from 4. Once you do this, go back and get rid of the obsolete function calls. -- Regards, Millard[TeamPowersoft] -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ mf3@gatesys.com Co-Author of PowerBuilder 5.0: Object Oriented Design and Development McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0-07-024469-3 Co-Author of PFC Professional Reference (Block, Brown, Gasin, Green & Tauber) McGraw-Hill, 0-07-913267-7 -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+...

Install NW 6.5 server into a single server NW 6.0 tree
Okay. Let's say I have a single server NW 6.0 tree. For a variety of reasons, I cannot inplace upgrade it or across the wire migrate it to NW 6.5 But I need to setup a new server in the tree (second server) and it has to be NW 6.5 I know i can "technically" install NW 6.5 into a "6.0" tree, but I'm wondering about the CA I don't mind moving the Master and CA to the 6.5 server after it's in the tree, but is this the "only" things that need to be changed? -Kevin Kevin, If your Nw 6.0 server is patched up to date, the 6.5 ...

Web resources about - replacement of 6.0 server with 6.5 when 6.0 is gone - novell.netware.6x.install

The Replacements (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
pioneers of alternative rock . The band was composed of the guitarist and vocalist Paul Westerberg , guitarist Bob Stinson , bass guitarist Tommy ...

Facebook’s Carolyn Everson To Spend Six Months In London, Hire Replacement For Joanna Shields
... Vice President of Global Marketing Solutions Carolyn Everson will relocate from New York to London for six months in an effort to find a replacement ...

Facebook Home: Replacement Home Screen for Android
Nicely-designed phone interface that I would personally never want to use. (They’re embedding Helvetica rather than using Google’s crummy Roboto. ...

The Replacements (@TheReplacements) on Twitter
Website has been fixed. Stay tuned to see what other shenanigans we may or may not have up our sleeves... theReplacementsOfficial.

App Store - The Complete Hair Replacement Guide
Get The Complete Hair Replacement Guide on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Replacements - Sixteen Blue (REMASTERED) - YouTube
Artist : The Replacements Album : Let it Be (REMASTERED) Year : 1984 Track : 10 Duration : 4:24 Songwritter : Paul Westerberg Sixteen Blue Hut..yeah..c'mon ...

Alcoa ship's final voyage halted by crew angered at foreign replacements
A large alumina cargo ship owned by Alcoa is stranded at a wharf at Portland, western Victoria, while its crew - facing the sack - refuses to ...

iPad Pro review roundup: Bigger is better, Pencil is great for drawing, iOS limiting factor as PC replacement ...
... which run an additional $99 and $169. The accessories are almost more important than the iPad hardware itself in making this a true PC replacement ...

iPad Pro Apple's most productive tablet, but no PC replacement
The iPad Pro is something of a niche device that will appeal to creative types, students and business travellers – but not to everyone.

Viz Outlines Sailor Moon R Season 2 Set 2 Disc Replacement
On Friday, North American anime distributor Viz Media outlined the program to replace a disc with an audio syncing issue in its Sailor Moon R ...