Problems opening files off server when server is busy


Running Netware 6 SP3 with NW6NSS3C on dual 550MHz Dell Poweredge 4300

with 512MB ram
In the mornings, when there are a lot of users logging into our Novell

server, users are getting messages about being unable to open/read
files 
from the server. If they retry the same file about 10-15 minutes later

it opens without a problem. I've not altered any server parameters but

to me the problem seems to suggest the server cannot deal with the 
number of simultaneous requests it is receiving and has run out of
"file 
handles".

Anyone any suggestions?

Ian



0
Ian
10/28/2003 10:35:26 AM
novell.netware.6x.install 11229 articles. 0 followers. Follow

21 Replies
994 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 35
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

In article <ODrnb.451$4T3.337@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>, 
ian.neal@jephson.org.uk says...
> 
> 
> Running Netware 6 SP3 with NW6NSS3C on dual 550MHz Dell Poweredge
4300 
> with 512MB ram
> In the mornings, when there are a lot of users logging into our
Novell 
> server, users are getting messages about being unable to open/read
files 
> from the server. If they retry the same file about 10-15 minutes
later 
> it opens without a problem. I've not altered any server parameters
but 
> to me the problem seems to suggest the server cannot deal with the 
> number of simultaneous requests it is receiving and has run out of
"file 
> handles".
> 
> Anyone any suggestions?
> 
> Ian
> 
Have you checked your Packet receive buffers and directory cache
buffers 
to see if they are tweaked correctly.  You may need to add some more 
memory to the server.  What is your long term cache hit percentage?



0
Chris
10/28/2003 2:46:11 PM

Chris Murzda wrote:

> In article <ODrnb.451$4T3.337@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>, 
> ian.neal@jephson.org.uk says...
> 
>>
>>Running Netware 6 SP3 with NW6NSS3C on dual 550MHz Dell Poweredge
4300 
>>with 512MB ram
>>In the mornings, when there are a lot of users logging into our
Novell 
>>server, users are getting messages about being unable to open/read
files 
>>from the server. If they retry the same file about 10-15 minutes
later 
>>it opens without a problem. I've not altered any server parameters
but 
>>to me the problem seems to suggest the server cannot deal with the 
>>number of simultaneous requests it is receiving and has run out of
"file 
>>handles".
>>
>>Anyone any suggestions?
>>
>>Ian
>>
> 
> Have you checked your Packet receive buffers and directory cache
buffers 
> to see if they are tweaked correctly.  You may need to add some more

> memory to the server.  What is your long term cache hit percentage?

Packet receive buffers is at 2000 (min 2000 max 10000)
Directory cache buffers is at 0 (min 500 max 2000)
Service processes min 100 max 500
Long term cache hits 0%
Short term cache hits 100%
Original buffers 130,160
Total buffers 61,483

We're using NSS volumes.

Ian



0
Ian
10/28/2003 5:51:46 PM
What lan and storage drivers, version and date, are in use?

I suggest you also apply nls603ft and tcp607jrev2. Go into monitor -
server parameters - NCP, and set client file caching enabled = OFF and

Set level 2 oplocks enabled=Off; run purge_nw.exe once
-- 
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
 http://support.novell.com/forums
 (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

 OneNet is better than nothing.NET

 Opinions expressed in the above text are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.



0
Andrew
10/28/2003 11:16:15 PM
In article <S0ynb.92$kW3.60@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>, 
ian.neal@jephson.org.uk says...
> 
> 
> Chris Murzda wrote:
> 
> > In article <ODrnb.451$4T3.337@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>, 
> > ian.neal@jephson.org.uk says...
> > 
> >>
> >>Running Netware 6 SP3 with NW6NSS3C on dual 550MHz Dell Poweredge
4300 
> >>with 512MB ram
> >>In the mornings, when there are a lot of users logging into our
Novell 
> >>server, users are getting messages about being unable to open/read
files 
> >>from the server. If they retry the same file about 10-15 minutes
later 
> >>it opens without a problem. I've not altered any server parameters
but 
> >>to me the problem seems to suggest the server cannot deal with the

> >>number of simultaneous requests it is receiving and has run out of
"file 
> >>handles".
> >>
> >>Anyone any suggestions?
> >>
> >>Ian
> >>
> > 
> > Have you checked your Packet receive buffers and directory cache
buffers 
> > to see if they are tweaked correctly.  You may need to add some
more 
> > memory to the server.  What is your long term cache hit
percentage?
> 
> Packet receive buffers is at 2000 (min 2000 max 10000)
> Directory cache buffers is at 0 (min 500 max 2000)
> Service processes min 100 max 500
> Long term cache hits 0%
> Short term cache hits 100%
> Original buffers 130,160
> Total buffers 61,483
> 
> We're using NSS volumes.
> 
> Ian
> 
You definitely need more RAM.  Your long term cache hits should be 
between 90 and 100%.  I would bump it up to at least 1 GB RAM.



0
Chris
10/29/2003 2:09:06 PM
In article <S0ynb.92$kW3.60@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>, 
ian.neal@jephson.org.uk says...
> 
> 
> Chris Murzda wrote:
> 
> > In article <ODrnb.451$4T3.337@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>, 
> > ian.neal@jephson.org.uk says...
> > 
> >>
> >>Running Netware 6 SP3 with NW6NSS3C on dual 550MHz Dell Poweredge
4300 
> >>with 512MB ram
> >>In the mornings, when there are a lot of users logging into our
Novell 
> >>server, users are getting messages about being unable to open/read
files 
> >>from the server. If they retry the same file about 10-15 minutes
later 
> >>it opens without a problem. I've not altered any server parameters
but 
> >>to me the problem seems to suggest the server cannot deal with the

> >>number of simultaneous requests it is receiving and has run out of
"file 
> >>handles".
> >>
> >>Anyone any suggestions?
> >>
> >>Ian
> >>
> > 
> > Have you checked your Packet receive buffers and directory cache
buffers 
> > to see if they are tweaked correctly.  You may need to add some
more 
> > memory to the server.  What is your long term cache hit
percentage?
> 
> Packet receive buffers is at 2000 (min 2000 max 10000)
> Directory cache buffers is at 0 (min 500 max 2000)
> Service processes min 100 max 500
> Long term cache hits 0%
> Short term cache hits 100%
> Original buffers 130,160
> Total buffers 61,483
> 
> We're using NSS volumes.
> 
> Ian
> 
In addition to adding RAM, performance can be increased by setting the

minimum number of directory cache buffers to 1000.  How many users are

logging in at one time?  Is your server spec'd appropriately for the 
amount that you have?  The total buffers stat should be at least 70%
of 
your Original buffers stat.  Are you running anything else but the 
NetWare core OS or are you running Zenworks, Bordermanager, NetWare 
Enterprise web server, etc...  The more apps you install will decrease

the amount of available memory.  Have you checked for memory leaks?  
Hope this helps.



0
Chris
10/29/2003 4:36:27 PM
Hi,

Chris Murzda wrote:
> You definitely need more RAM.  

Ack.

> Your long term cache hits should be
> between 90 and 100%.  

They will always be zero with NSS volumes. :-)

CU,
-- 
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de



0
Massimo
10/29/2003 4:43:33 PM
Hi,

Ian Neal wrote:
> 
> Running Netware 6 SP3 with NW6NSS3C on dual 550MHz Dell Poweredge
4300
> with 512MB ram
> In the mornings, when there are a lot of users logging into our
Novell
> server, users are getting messages about being unable to open/read
files
> from the server. If they retry the same file about 10-15 minutes
later
> it opens without a problem. I've not altered any server parameters
but
> to me the problem seems to suggest the server cannot deal with the
> number of simultaneous requests it is receiving and has run out of
"file
> handles".
> 
> Anyone any suggestions?

What does NSS /status report? Depending on the number of users, you
may
indeed be low on memory, though that shouldn't cause your symptomps.
Does the server show unusual high utilization when that happens?

CU,
-- 
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de



0
Massimo
10/29/2003 4:46:55 PM

Massimo Rosen wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Ian Neal wrote:
> 
>>Running Netware 6 SP3 with NW6NSS3C on dual 550MHz Dell Poweredge
4300
>>with 512MB ram
>>In the mornings, when there are a lot of users logging into our
Novell
>>server, users are getting messages about being unable to open/read
files
>>from the server. If they retry the same file about 10-15 minutes
later
>>it opens without a problem. I've not altered any server parameters
but
>>to me the problem seems to suggest the server cannot deal with the
>>number of simultaneous requests it is receiving and has run out of
"file
>>handles".
>>
>>Anyone any suggestions?
> 
> 
> What does NSS /status report? Depending on the number of users, you
may
> indeed be low on memory, though that shouldn't cause your symptomps.

> Does the server show unusual high utilization when that happens?
> 
> CU,

Current NSS Status:
   Current Buffer Cache Size          = 151592k (37898)
   Minimum NSS Buffer Cache Size      = 2048k (512)
   Minimum NetWare Buffer Cache Size  = 1024k (256)
   Cache Balance Percent              = 60%
   Cache Balance Timer                = 30 seconds
   Cache Buffer Flush Timer           = 1 second
   Open File Hash Table Size          = 65536 entries
   Closed File Cache Size             = 50000 files
   File Flush Timer                   = 10 seconds
   Name Cache Size                    = 2111 entries
   Authorization Cache Size           = 1024 entries
   Mailbox Size                       = 512 entries
   Minimum Number of AsyncIOs         = 512
   Minimum Number of Bonds            = 5000
   Minimum Number of WorkToDos        = 50

Yes the server shows an unusual high utilization at that point
(80-100%)

Ian



0
Ian
10/29/2003 5:26:10 PM

Andrew C Taubman wrote:

> What lan and storage drivers, version and date, are in use?
> 
> I suggest you also apply nls603ft and tcp607jrev2. Go into monitor -

> server parameters - NCP, and set client file caching enabled = OFF
and
> Set level 2 oplocks enabled=Off; run purge_nw.exe once

B57.LAN v5.09 13 January 2003
ADPT160M.HAM 18.20.13 28 August 2002
PEDGE3.HAM 7.01.15 21 January 2003
AIC78U2.HAM 8.30.13 28 August 2003
AHA2940.HAM 8.30.13 28 August 2003

TCP.NLM 6.06.11 13 March 2003
TCPIP.NLM 6.07.08 27 February 2003

Ian



0
Ian
10/29/2003 5:33:39 PM
> B57.LAN v5.09 13 January 2003

This needs to be v 6.04

For the Adaptec drivers, use the ones in the tools/unsupported dir of
SP3, not the ones SP3 actually installs.

And go ahead with those other updates I recommended. Good luck!
-- 
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
 http://support.novell.com/forums
 (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

 OneNet is better than nothing.NET

 Opinions expressed in the above text are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.



0
Andrew
10/29/2003 11:09:38 PM
6.04. 7.0 is broken.
-- 
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
 http://support.novell.com/forums
 (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

 OneNet is better than nothing.NET

 Opinions expressed in the above text are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.



0
Andrew
10/30/2003 1:26:04 AM

Andrew C Taubman wrote:

> 6.04. 7.0 is broken.
Ok all those changes were made last night and the server rebooted, 
unfortunately the problem was still there this morning.

Any other suggestions / information you need?

Ian




0
Ian
10/31/2003 9:44:31 AM

Massimo Rosen wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Ian Neal wrote:
> 
>>
>>Yes the server shows an unusual high utilization at that point
(80-100%)
> 
> 
> Ok. Try to check which threads are taking the CPU with Monitor.
Also,
> for a test, try with only one CPU.
> 
> CU,

On CPU 0, the thread which stays consistently at the top, or very near

it, is called "Server 5" and it's usually round the 3,000,000+ mark
all 
other threads are in the 100,000s or less.

On CPU 1, there's nothing that stays consistently at the top.

Ian



0
Ian
10/31/2003 9:53:19 AM
Ian,

Ian Neal wrote:
> 
> On CPU 0, the thread which stays consistently at the top, or very
near
> it, is called "Server 5" and it's usually round the 3,000,000+ mark
all
> other threads are in the 100,000s or less.

If it's always only one single Server process, there's a high chance
some single workstation associated with the server thread has a
problem
causing that high load when it logs in. I've seen similar symptomps
where a workstation had a virus, and as soon as the WS logged in, it
strated to furiously scan all the servers files and directories.

CU,
-- 
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de



0
Massimo
10/31/2003 2:06:01 PM

Massimo Rosen wrote:
> Ian,
> 
> Ian Neal wrote:
> 
>>On CPU 0, the thread which stays consistently at the top, or very
near
>>it, is called "Server 5" and it's usually round the 3,000,000+ mark
all
>>other threads are in the 100,000s or less.
> 
> 
> If it's always only one single Server process, there's a high chance

> some single workstation associated with the server thread has a
problem
> causing that high load when it logs in. I've seen similar symptomps
> where a workstation had a virus, and as soon as the WS logged in, it

> strated to furiously scan all the servers files and directories.
> 
> CU,
Is there anyway of tracking down what this server process is
associated 
with?

Ian



0
Ian
10/31/2003 3:38:54 PM
Only by taking a coredump and submitting it to Novell for analysis.

Also check the util in NRM - profile/debug info - CPU execution by
NLM.

Do you have any anti-virus apps on server or PC? Try unloading them
(not
just disabling them).
-- 
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
 http://support.novell.com/forums
 (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

 OneNet is better than nothing.NET

 Opinions expressed in the above text are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.





0
Andrew
11/5/2003 6:53:40 AM

Andrew C Taubman wrote:
> Only by taking a coredump and submitting it to Novell for analysis.
> 
> Also check the util in NRM - profile/debug info - CPU execution by
NLM.
> 
> Do you have any anti-virus apps on server or PC? Try unloading them
(not
> just disabling them).

Yes unloading netshield 4.6.1 resolves the problem, I have opened an 
online case with mcafee but whilst I'm waiting for a response from
them 
does anyone know about any known issues/fixes for that?

Ian



0
Ian
11/5/2003 11:05:28 AM
Woohoo! No, but woohoo!
-- 
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
 http://support.novell.com/forums
 (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

 OneNet is better than nothing.NET

 Opinions expressed in the above text are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.





0
Andrew
11/7/2003 1:08:40 AM
In article <3F9FEE36.1CF9FE95@spamcfc-it.de>, mrosenno@spamcfc-it.de 
says...
> Hi,
> 
> Chris Murzda wrote:
> > You definitely need more RAM.  
> 
> Ack.
> 
> > Your long term cache hits should be
> > between 90 and 100%.  
> 
> They will always be zero with NSS volumes. :-)
> 
> CU,
> 
Didn't know that.  Thanks!



0
Chris
11/7/2003 8:19:09 PM
In article <3F9FEE79.32513423@spamcfc-it.de>, mrosenno@spamcfc-it.de 
says...
> Hi again,
> 
> Chris Murzda wrote:
> 
> > In addition to adding RAM, performance can be increased by setting
the
> > minimum number of directory cache buffers to 1000.  
> 
> Doing this with NSS volumes only will *decrease* performance, as it
> wastes memory. NSS doesn't use directory cache buffers.
> 
> CU,
> 
Thanks again.  I guess memory is not an issue with NSS volumes.



0
Chris
11/7/2003 8:20:00 PM
> I guess memory is not an issue with NSS volumes.

Actually, it is, but with NSS there's no longer a relationship between
the 
size of the  volumes being handled and the amount of RAM in the
server.  
It's still desireable to have "enough" RAM to achieve "good"
performance 
[GRIN]  and these will hopefully get you pointed in the right
direction
if you're concerned about performance:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10068489.htm

http://developer.novell.com/research/appnotes/2002/july/01/a020701.pdf



John

-- 
--------------------------------------------------
Novell Product Support Forums SysOp
--------------------------------------------------
John's Tips & Links Page:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstoecker/novell/

#include disclaim.h:
# My opinions are not necessarily those of Novell 
# or its employees or even the other forum sysops or regulars.
--------------------------------------------------
posted using Xananews 1.15.7.4



0
John
11/8/2003 2:54:54 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

What files get installed on AIX server and is the EBF installed on AIX Server?
I installed Impact 5.3.1 on our server on Friday. Does anyone have a list of what should have been put in the Sybase directory? Also, does the EBF get installed on the server side or just the client. Since the instructions for installing the EBF don't quite fit the installed directories on the server(no Impact-5_3/bin directory) my best guess would be the EBF only gets installed on the client side. Am I right? On the last page of Chapter 1 of the Server installation guide, the section on Understanding Environment Variables refers to the c:\Sybase directory which is for ...

SQL Server 2005 Installation problems with SQL Server Express & SQL Server 2000
Hi Guys, I have had SQL Server Express and Sql Server Management Studio Express installed on my machine for some time and recently tried to install a trial of SQL Server 2005 as well.  (Yes, I'm migrating from Visual Studio Express to Visual Studio Professional, just as in tended!) Everything went fine except that nothing seemed to be installed.  I searched in all the obvious places - both on the Start/Programs menu and on the hard-drive: nothing. A check under Add/Remove Programs showed that Sql Server 2005 Express was installed, but called SQL Server 2005. So after a number o...

Problem on opening a file on a server
Hi all, I'm actually working on an intranet application and I added a webpage to upload files on a server. There's the context:The intranet application is on "ServerA".The file server is the "ServerB".When a user upload a file via the intranet, the file is uploaded on ServerB. The upload process has no problem, but things get more complicated when I try to open this file (with <a href="..."></a>). For example, an uploaded file on \\ServerB\Public\Modeles\toto.txt (and href="file:///ServerB/public/Modeles/toto.txt" ) won't open and a message in the Javascript console will be gener...

Problem open server files
HI,i'm new in .net, but i've made a few web app using .net. Actually a have a problem. Here's the case : i copy a couple of files to the server and later i try to open. In the developer machine it works fine, but when try to run the app from the server, the file can´t be opened.I have v1.1.4322 framework and i'm using VS2003.   All the perms in the serevr are checked and are the same that i have in the developer machine. Any sugestions?Thk's in advance for your help....

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

Trying to get File.open to open file on remote server
The title is kind of lame. What I'm doing is that I had been developing on the production server (don't ask), and now I've moved development to my workstation. I have a bit of code in an aspx the opens a pre-formatted html and puts it into a label. The code is as follows. Dim FILENAME As String = "D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\articles\news.htm" Dim objStreamReader As StreamReader objStreamReader = File.OpenText(FILENAME) articles.Text = objStreamReader.ReadToEnd() objStreamReader.Close() This worked fine and the aspx on the product...

Mobile Server Install Not Creating Files on Windows 2000 Server
I ran the install (multiple times now) and it does not seem to put any files into the C:\program Files\Intellisync Mobile Suite folder other than a log folder where the EnvironmentAnalyzer.log file is written. The Install Shield Wizard status screen never shows any progress. It did however at least create the database inside SQL. This is happening with gsm701.exe buid 6.7.0.107. Anyone else run into an issue with the install not copying the files and setting up the website? More info from another attempt...From the Environment Analysis log I get the following error near the end.....

Move File From Web Server to File Server
Our organization has a web server and file server in the same domain. On our public website ordering page, users have the ability to upload a document. The document is currently saved on the Web server in a temp directory. I need to move the uploaded file off the webserver and over to a specific directory on the file server. I have tried using File.Move to accomplish this but encountered permission errors. How does this need to be set up to work? The code format I have is File.Move ("c:\\dir\\file.ext", "\\\\fileserver\\dir\\file.ext"); Thanks in Advance ...

What would the JavaScript be to open a server file in a new window server side?
I have a button on a form and I want to register some JavaScript that will open a server file in a new window.  I am thinking along the lines of: window.open("\\myservername\subdirectory\myfilename.doc");  I know the above code is not correct, and I was wondering how to do this?  Is it posible with a path like that of above? Thanks!Thank you, Did you try that and what happened? EricPascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn It does not work.Thank you,  so why not using the full path? ex: http://...or a relative path to the file: ex: window.open(&...

server or no server
i have been looking in to slipstreaming windows up dates over the net work ..i have also been thinking (bad thing to do ) installing the os over the net (image).i know you can do this over win2k server using rras server but could i do this in novell 5.1 with out bulding and paying for a server lience. our network is spread across 6 sites one server to each site a gig backbone on each site but connect by 100 mb line .not knowing novell to well but they seem not to be use the OS and Server to well .any help or info would be useful Nigel, > i have been looking in to...

Problem installing SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003
I have the softwares below: -Windows 2000, Advanced Server -Windows Server 2003, Web Edition & Standard Edition -SQL Server 2000 -Service Pack 3 for SQL Server 2000 plz somebody help me, how can i have a Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2003 installed on it??? Explain your problem. You cannot install SQL Server on the Web Edition of Windows Server 2003. I presume you mean SQL Server 2000...Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog You can install SQL Server 2000 on a Windows 2003 ... Read the FAQ of mine at : http://www.extreme...

NetWare 6.5sp6 server
Dear all, We had been using a NetWare 6.5sp6 (setup by vendor) and found strange event - we can not view locked file in the server. This do not appear in other newly setup server and the other old NetWare 6sp5 server. Also, the server keep on crashing with memory corruption. Also, there are many TCP/IP recv() error (connection #) has occured and the connection has been lost with address <internal ip address>. I would like to know what I can check and do to fix this up as this server become important file server as most of the applications moved to this server. T...

How can a Windows 2003 server access files on a Netware 6 server
I have a situation where I have a Windows 2003 server on another network that needs to access a directory on my Novell 6 server. How do I setup a connection for Windows 2003 server to authenticate to the Novell server? The Novell directory needs to be accessible to users on the Windows 2003 network through the 2003 server. Jim Nnbd, In the past, Windows servers included a piece of software called "gateway services for Netware" or something like that that allowed you to do exaclty what you are asking for. I don't know however if this is still included with Win...

Win2k Server, SQL Server 2k, Asp.net Installation Problems
I am not so used to actually bringing this stuff into production, but i am having some problems getting everything set up right.  My webapp works perfectly from my local computer.  There are actually 2 separate apps, the user-input side(/UBS) and the reporting side(/Reports), which is restricted.  I have a Win 2k Server, set up with IIS and SQL Server 2k.  There are tons of problems occurring when i try to put my application onto the actual server.  I tried to develop it remotely in the first place, but couldn't get it to let me upload or edit the app...

Web resources about - Problems opening files off server when server is busy - novell.netware.6x.install

Is–ought problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The is–ought problem in meta-ethics as articulated by Scottish philosopher and historian David Hume (1711–76) is that many writers make claims ...

2016 BMW M3 and M4 recalled for driveshaft problem
... Recalls , Coupe , Sedan , Performance BMW will recall just 42 examples of the 2016 M3 and M4 in the US to check for a possible driveshaft problem. ...

Problem with metrics and referee directions
Vox has a brief little informer on the relative risk of injury in high school sports. I think it is useful, but reading the definition of injury ...

Microsoft has an emoji problem
Microsoft increasingly has an emoji problem as the company's Windows 10 operating system lacks the latest set of characters. Emoji are, essentially, ...

The junk problem is bigger than oil
Some have written off the high-yield concerns as a mere effect of crude oil's slide. But that analysis appears to be badly off base.

Communication is a problem that can’t be fixed
... will best take advantage of the year ahead. Whether you have or not, I invite you to take a few seconds right now to think about what problems ...

Problems At Snapfish Lead To Pre-Christmas Photo Scramble, Angry Customers
... reps end chats with customers before the customer is done speaking with them? Why did the customer service rep tell me there was a problem with ...

Facebook is finally fixing its ‘real name’ problem
After some controversies and embarrassing missteps, social-media giant Facebook is trying to introduce tools to let its users go by the names ...

Poll: Americans Have 99 Problems, And Terrorism Is No. 1
The number shot up from just 3 percent to 16 percent from November to December

Culture: The observer bias problem, and why you should care
... the same type of mistakes in drawing conclusions about what we observe with Islamic fundamentalism. As I wrote here , I believe that the problem ...

Resources last updated: 12/16/2015 10:00:10 PM