Problem Installing Dell OpenManage on NetWare 6 server

Hi,
Has anyone tried installing the Dell OpenManage Systems Management
software on a Dell PowerEdge computer running NetWare 6 with SP2
installed.?  I have tried it on a PowerEdge 2650 and a PowerEdge 4200
and the results are the same: the server is unstable and SMS services
are effected.  I am still working with Dell on resolving the issue,
but I thought I should find out if anyone has installed it
successfully.
I appreciate your input.  Thanks

Yensah

0
yvega

Yensah,

I've experienced the same. The DELL software makes the server very
unstable and also causes a lot of abends on the server.
My customer decided to run without the DELL software, so I didn't look

into it any further.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________

0
Niclas

I just install a netware 6 server does Netware 6 have a screen saver
I just install a NetWare 6 server but even with monitor loaded my server didn't go into a screen saver mode, I was just wondering if there was one like the old 4x. Thanks Steven At the console prompt: Scrsaver Please, no email for newsgroup questions. Barry Schnur Novell Product Support Forums Sysop Please post replies ONLY via the Newsgroup Since the release of NW 5.0 a few years ago, the screen saver is a separate module called scrsaver.nlm . -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums ...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Installation of Netware 6.x on Dell Server
Can anyone lead me to a set of docs that can assist me with a step by step install of Netware 6.0 on a Dell server? I am using a Dell 1650 w/dual P4 1.8ghz processors, 4gb RAM and a raid 5 set(3 x18GB Ultra3 SCSI drives) I have Dell openmanager 7.5 which covers Netware 6.0. The newer version of open Manager (8.x and above) only cover NW 6.5 I've tried the install but did not understand the Partition setup (in Dell Open Manager) , > Can anyone lead me to a set of docs that can assist me with a step by > step install of Netware 6.0 on a Dell server? > D...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Client/Server Problem After Netware 6.0 Install
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I recently completed my first install of Netware using 6.0.4. I have not = been able to find the tree or context I created for the server using a = workstation that was previously configured for another tree. I have = assigned the workstation an ip on the network with the server, and have = turned off login scripts on the advanced tab. The workstation and server = are connected through a hub with no other network connections. I tried to = get into the Console...

Netware 6.5 SP7 Server install problem
Have following problem on install of the operating sys. , on a Power Edge 2900. Installing the software, the server crashes when reach the following point in the install. When the install asks for the IP address ; I have clicked the IP box on the software install screen of netware , and it crashes the server ? This happened twice, at the same time and place in the install.? Just checking the box , did it. The IP box. Seems too be a conflict with the NIC on the motherboard of the server? Hardware problem, drivers, or software? Any suggestions? I have asked Dell too...

Netware 6.5 install on a Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
I have a blank Dell PowerEdge 1800 server that I am trying to install Netware 6.5 on but it will not get past initailizing the debugger after it goes to the system console at the beginning of the installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you, Chris Adcock cadcock@wind.tamu.edu , > Does > anyone have any ideas? > Try installing from the SP2 overlay media. Also. How much RAM? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 bui...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

Web resources about - Problem Installing Dell OpenManage on NetWare 6 server - novell.netware.6x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper