Partial installation of SP7 on Netware 6.5

Hello,

Recently i encountered the NDS sync problem with ConsoleOne 1.36F.
Decided to install new version of imanager. To do that i needed SP7.
Burned the NW65SP7OS iso and started installing. Halfway a change of CD
was necessary and at that moment i inserted the NW65SP6PROD cd. Moments
later i got a message that a zip file could not be read. After pressing
cancel the PC frooze and a reboot was necessary. 
After booting it showed a Netware 6.5 with a SP7, however loading was
stoppen after stage 2.

How can i rollback this upgrade?

Thanks

Harry Tempelaar


-- 
harry_vectoreyes
------------------------------------------------------------------------



0
harry
11/21/2011 4:36:02 PM
novell.netware.6x.install 11229 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
829 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

On 21/11/2011 16:36, harry vectoreyes wrote:

> Recently i encountered the NDS sync problem with ConsoleOne 1.36F.
> Decided to install new version of imanager. To do that i needed SP7.
> Burned the NW65SP7OS iso and started installing. Halfway a change of CD
> was necessary and at that moment i inserted the NW65SP6PROD cd. Moments
> later i got a message that a zip file could not be read. After pressing
> cancel the PC frooze and a reboot was necessary.
> After booting it showed a Netware 6.5 with a SP7, however loading was
> stoppen after stage 2.
>
> How can i rollback this upgrade?

Instead of trying to rollback the upgrade, since it hasn't actually 
worked (SP7 OS + SP6 PROD isn't a valid combo), I would re-install the 
SP7 upgrade using the down server upgrade process as per TID# 3617668.

If your server has a DVD drive (or you have access to an external one) 
then I'd also consider using the SP7 overlay DVD to save swapping discs. 
This is available for download @ 
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=RvPp08vWolk~

Unless you have a particular reason for sticking at SP7, once you've got 
the server up & running again I would then install SP8 to take it to the 
latest (and last) SP for NetWare 6.5.  Download @ 
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=dpIR3H1ymhk~

HTH.
-- 
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0
Simon
11/21/2011 4:50:53 PM
smflood;2155396 Wrote: 
> On 21/11/2011 16:36, harry vectoreyes wrote:
> 
> > Recently i encountered the NDS sync problem with ConsoleOne 1.36F.
> > Decided to install new version of imanager. To do that i needed SP7.
> > Burned the NW65SP7OS iso and started installing. Halfway a change of
> CD
> > was necessary and at that moment i inserted the NW65SP6PROD cd.
> Moments
> > later i got a message that a zip file could not be read. After
> pressing
> > cancel the PC frooze and a reboot was necessary.
> > After booting it showed a Netware 6.5 with a SP7, however loading
> was
> > stoppen after stage 2.
> >
> > How can i rollback this upgrade?
> 
> Instead of trying to rollback the upgrade, since it hasn't actually
> worked (SP7 OS + SP6 PROD isn't a valid combo), I would re-install the
> SP7 upgrade using the down server upgrade process as per TID# 3617668.
> 
> If your server has a DVD drive (or you have access to an external one)
> then I'd also consider using the SP7 overlay DVD to save swapping
> discs.
> This is available for download @
> 'NOVELL: Downloads - NetWare 6.5 Support Pack 7 Overlay'
> (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=RvPp08vWolk~)
> 
> Unless you have a particular reason for sticking at SP7, once you've
> got
> the server up & running again I would then install SP8 to take it to
> the
> latest (and last) SP for NetWare 6.5.  Download @
> 'NOVELL: Downloads - NetWare 6.5 SP8 e Media Kit'
> (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=dpIR3H1ymhk~)
> 
> HTH.
> --
> Simon
> Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or
> school?
> If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
> Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Simon,

Within the hour it was up and running!! Thanks again.

One problem still remains. All users have full right to the tree and
server.
Don't exectly know if this is caused by the down server upgrade or the
previous state of the server.
Any suggestions?

Harry


-- 
harry_vectoreyes
------------------------------------------------------------------------
harry_vectoreyes's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=119946
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448509

0
harry
11/24/2011 7:06:02 AM
Harry vectoreyes,
> One problem still remains. All users have full right to the tree and
> server.
> Don't exectly know if this is caused by the down server upgrade or the
> previous state of the server.
> Any suggestions?

Start here:
http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&ext
ernalId=10020512&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=280850026&stateI
d=0%200%20280848435

- Anders Gustafsson  (NKP)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system, 
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming 
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
11/24/2011 8:26:23 AM
Reply: