netware installation

I want to create a new volumne with the remaining disk space

The hard drive is 70gb
netware created a small partition for the op system I want to use the rest
of the disk for data

what is the procedure for creating this

0
pmurphy

Padraic Murphy,
> what is the procedure for creating this

Assuming 6.x and that the rest is free space: Use NSSMU to create a
POOL, then create a volume in that POOL.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2600

0
Anders

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Netware installation
I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 on Novell 5.01. Installation completes successfully and the client issues the LOAD command specifying 8M cache and the path to the database. The engine appears to start, yet when the client goes into the system console there is a notice indicating that there has been a critical error and that the database engine is being terminated. The server then hangs. Any ideas as to compatibility or issues that may be causing this to happen? Thanks in advance >I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL An...

Install Freezes on Netware 6.5 Installation on Language Page
I am installing Netware 6.5 on an IBM Netvista 8314 workstation with 760 Meg of Ram. I am using the eval CD. Boot from CD and proceed to the Language Selection page. Cursors rests on Select this line to install on English (default). I can not press enter or select another language, the screen in frozen. I've only had this problem on this PC, does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks, Rick If you are using a USB keyboard/mouse, start over and try the install with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse instead. If that's what the problem is, it should be resolved in newer su...

To install or not to install?

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

Web resources about - netware installation - novell.netware.6x.install

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?