netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade

Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available
for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"?
(I want to replace a server)
Thanks
Kumar
0
kumars

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote:

>Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available
>for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"?
>(I want to replace a server)

The Migration Wizard v. 8
(http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do
this for you.

---------------
Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses

"If something is so complicated that you can't
explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not
worth knowing anyway."  Bill Waterson
0
Donald
2/10/2005 3:51:41 AM
The DSmaint routines have been tucked into NWconfig, directory services,
other than that it's the same routine

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I am in the process of upgrading a Netware 5 server to a Netware 6.5 server and have a few questions: 1. I would like to run both the Netware 5 and Netware 6.5 server at the same time on the same network. (Is there a migration tool that will transfer the data only, having different file server names?) 2. By doing the above, and having the NDS replicate to the new Netware 6.5 server, does this cause any problems? (Eventually the Netware 5.0 server will be taken offline) 3. Is there any pdf file or technical docs on upgrading from Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 and what the issues might be?...

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Hello, I have a netware 5.0 (no sp) with ds 7.45 on a Compaq Proliant 3000. This server is alone on my tree. I want migrate this server to Netware 6.5 to a Compaq dl 380 G2. What is the best method ? Thanks for answer Fran�ois-Xavier Derveloy France You will need to deploy updates on the 5.0 server prior to running the Migration Wizard. No SP's at all on the 5.0 server? That is rare indeed. Also, how many users on this server and how much data? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Hello, config.txt give this : Novell NetWare 5.00...

Upgrade Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
I have Netware 5.1 SP7 & eDirectory 8.7.03 with 4 servers. I would like to upgrade all servers to Netware 6.5 but only 3 can be upgraded at the same time as 1 server is in a remote office. Should I upgrade the master server in the root partition first? Also, will the upgrade change the eDirectory version? Should I upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3.3 immediately after the Netware 6.5 upgrade? Please help. Thanks Che From the eDirectory point of view, your servers are already up to date. So an upgrade to NW 6.5 will not upgrade your eDirectory and as such will not create comp...

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 on new hardware
I am about to upgrade a single server Netware 5 installation - approx 50 users - to Netware 6.5 on new hardware. DNS and DHCP are fully configured and functional on the old server, which is running DS 7.51. As someone pointed out earlier, Novell claim: NetWare� 6.5 supports upgrades from the following: * NetWare 5.1 server with Support Pack 6 * NetWare 6.0 server with Support Pack 3 does that mean that it can't be done from NW5? There used to be some kind of across the wire migration. Would it be simpler to create and populate the new DS by hand and t...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 upgrade?
I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1 My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 using the migration wizard on one server and have the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. (i.e. have a 5.0 server co-exist with a nw 6.5 server with no issues with edir/nds?) Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the 5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time! Thanks John, > My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5
Hi, I plan to migrate my 4 Netware 5.1 servers to netware 6.5. What action do I have to do first?Upgrade DS version, latest patchs... My configuration is : - Netware 5.1 SP5 - DHCP is running - NDPS Broker, Manager - DS version 10330.03 - ZfD 3.2 - DirXml 1.1 + passwordSync I also plan to migrate to NIM 2.0 (or IDM, I don't know how to call that!) and ZEN 4 What is the best method?Any feedback experience on projects like this would really be appreciate! Email is also acceptable! Regards, Maurice TADANG I would apply the sp7 patch to the 5.1 servers, then up...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I currently have 2 netware 5.1 servers and want to upgrade to netware 6.5. The Netware 5.1 servers are running NDS 7.47. Should I upgrade to edir on the netware 5.1 servers before the migration, if so what are the steps, as I read the update on the netware 5.1 download section that said that the edir update cannot be applied to a 5.1 server running NDS 7.x or can I use NDS 7.47 on the 5.1 server during the migration process? Thanks John, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated...

Upgrade to Netware 6.5 from Netware 5.1
Currently on NW5.1 with a few servers at main and remote offices. Want (need) to upgrade to newer NOS, so my logical choice would be OES with the Netware option (and so that I can start playing with the Linux option). On the training side I'd appreciate a few pointers. I currently have a NW5.1 CNA and several years experience. I'd like to get the necessary training to be able to upgrade and administer Netware 6.5, hopefully with some exposure to the Linux flavor on the side to get me started. Preferably a certfication would help but not mandatory. In the old days I&...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade.
I have 3 Netware 5.1 servers, sp7, and directory 8.7.3.0. and want to upgrade them to Netware 6.5. I will upgrade one server, then the others will be upgraded in a couple of months. Is it best to upgrade my master replica first so my replica in a mixed environment is a 6.5 server? Or at least make my master replica server whatever server I upgrade to 6.5? If so why? Hi, lanman7777@hotmail.com wrote: > > I have 3 Netware 5.1 servers, sp7, and directory 8.7.3.0. and want to > upgrade them to Netware 6.5. > I will upgrade one server, then the others will be up...

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Can one tell me how to upgrade a Netware 5.0 Single Server to a Netware 6.5 Singele Server where the Netware 6.5 Server will be on a new Machine. What are the specials one has to look after? Thak you You should look into Migration Wizard to ease this process. Migration Wizard can be downloaded from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Having used Migration Wizard 7.1 to migrate 5.0 to 6.5 I cannot recommend that route. I have seen others in these forums have the same problems I saw. A stepped migra...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

Web resources about - netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade - novell.netware.6x.install

Simmons Hardware Company Warehouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
42°29′35″N 96°24′34″W  /  42.49306°N 96.40944°W  / 42.49306; -96.40944 Coordinates : 42°29′35″N 96°24′34″W  /  42.49306°N 96.40944°W  / ...

Wesfarmers to invade British hardware market
Retailer's move to gain foothold in the UK home improvement market brings with it some geographical risk.

Woolworths to close or sell Masters and Home Timber and Hardware
Woolworths will either sell or shut down its struggling hardware chain Masters, putting an end to the supermarket giant's disastrous foray into ...

Masters hardware: Woolworths to sell or close; Wesfarmers buys into UK Homebase
Woolworths announces it will exit its unprofitable Masters hardware business, at the same time as rival Wesfarmers expands in the UK.

Unlikely report claims upcoming 4-inch hardware will be called iPhone 5e, not 6c, and get lower spec
... find more special coverage of iOS Devices , iPhone , and Apple Inc . What do you think? Discuss "Unlikely report claims upcoming 4-inch hardware ...

Tesla Is Working On Autopilot Hardware Suite 2.0 — Confirmed By Elon Musk
... what many have been speculating was the case — the pioneering electric car company is currently working on a new “Autopilot version 2” hardware ...

Rockhold shows off new hardware
Enter to win prizes during the entire month of January! You can win tickets to a Warriors game, CSN studio tours, a chance to attend the Coaching ...

Review: Hardware: Rivals
... revitalize the franchise, and for some time, the genre has been on life support mostly by way of indie developers. So when I heard about Hardware: ...

Hardware vendors optimistic about VR potential to save PC industry
With Sony, Samsung Electronics, Oculus/Facebook, High-Tech Computer (HTC) and Google developing virtual reality (VR) wearable devices, related ...

Volkswagen May Need to Fix Software 'Cheat Device' With Hardware
NEWS ANALYSIS: Just because a software routine can make VW's diesel cars seem clean doesn't mean you can fix it with new software.