Netware 6.5 sp7 license can it work with sp6?

I have a license that comes with Netware 6.5 sp7 and is the one to use
if you are continuing with Netware until you migrate, my question is the
following, does this license only work with sp7 or can you have other
servers with other service packs?

--
crobison

crobison

Yes, a NW 6.5 license will work with any NW65 SP

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:36:02 GMT, crobison
<crobison@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>I have a license that comes with Netware 6.5 sp7 and is the one to use
>if you are continuing with Netware until you migrate, my question is the
>following, does this license only work with sp7 or can you have other
>servers with other service packs?
0
Tim
12/27/2011 8:19:23 PM
Thanks Tim..

Tim Heywood (NKP);2163808 Wrote:
> Yes, a NW 6.5 license will work with any NW65 SP

> On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:36:02 GMT, crobison
> <crobison@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
>

> >I have a license that comes with Netware 6.5 sp7 and is the one to
> use
> >if you are continuing with Netware until you migrate, my question is
> the
> >following, does this license only work with sp7 or can you have other
> >servers with other service packs?

--
crobison
crobison's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=431
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450039

0
crobison

Can Netware 6.0 licenses be used on Netware 6.5 ?
Hello, I have currently installed Netware 6.5SP5 on two servers. One is a HP Proliant server. And the other is a backup server. Anyway some one offered me licenses for Netware 6.0 Am wondering if they will work on NW6.5 ?. Apparently they never needed them but I ain't sure they will work. Any help appreciatted Kevin Duplicate post And the answer is no, 6.0 licenses won't work on 6.5. (nor the other way around). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Kevin as Barry says 6.0 is only good on a 6.0 server. You can have both in the...

Can Netware 6.0 licenses be used on Netware 6.5 ?
Hello, I have currently installed Netware 6.5SP5 on two servers. One is a HP proliant. And the other is a backup server. Anyway some one offered me licenses for Netware 6.0 Am wondering if they will work on NW6.5 ?. Apparently they never needed them. Any help appreciatted Kevin > I have currently installed Netware 6.5SP5 on two servers. One is a HP > proliant. And the other is a backup server. > > Anyway some one offered me licenses for Netware 6.0 > > Am wondering if they will work on NW6.5 ?. Apparently they never needed > them. > No,...

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

Netware 6.5 Licenses on Netware 5
Hi, We had the need to add 5 user licenses to our Netware 5 server. We knew these were no longer available but were informed that Netware 6.5 licenses are backwardly computable. We purchased an additional 5 Netware 6.5 user licenses and added them to our tree using NWadmin. I read in various forums that 6.5 user licenses aren't assigned to a server I left it at that. An hour later they were still not being used. It then occurred to me that Netware 5 may not be able to deal with unassigned licenses so I have assigned them to the correct server. Again having left it about an h...

Netware 5.0 sp6.0a to Netware 6.5 sp6.0 migration
When verifying my migration project the Novell Migration Wizart version 8.1.5 I get the following error. File 'SYS:INSTALL' on BHS_SERVER was not found. --- Error caused by a NetWare API error --- Network error: Path invalid (Error code: 0X899c Function Name: NWGetEffectiveRightsExt) I have gone through all of the pre-migration steps and everything checks out fine up until this poing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- roberteleejr Check the following document on general migration recommendations; http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Migration_W...

NetWare 6.5 SP8 co-exist with NetWare 6.5 SP7 servers?
I really don't want to install SP8 on the NetWare server as I am working on moving Netware to OES Linux. However, I need to upgrade to GroupWise 8 soon so plan to upgrade to GroupWise 8 on NetWare server which requires NW6.5SP8. All other 10 NetWare servers are on version 6.5 SP7 and I only intend to upgrade one server to NetWare 6.5 SP8. Does anyone see issue with that? I assume eDirectory does not chance with the installation of SP8. I am running eDirectory v 8.7.3.0. Regards Andy -- andyj2009 -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Using NetWare 6.5 licenses with NetWare 6?
Novell NetWare 6 Support Pack Revision 04 (C) Copyright 1983-2003 Novell Inc. All Rights Reserv Server Version 5.60.04 December 12, 2003 Novell eDirectory Version 8.6.2 SMP NDS Version 10350.30 December 15, 2003 Server License: Novell NetWare 6 Server 600 SN:301453 User Licenses: Novell NetWare 6 User 600 (Hard Stop) -------------- I've added 50 NetWare 6.5 & previous licenses. These new licenses are not being issued. All license certificates have been assigned to...

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

NetWare 6.5 User Licenses in a NetWare 6 tree
Never heard of that one before, but the consulting firm I work for was told by a Novell sales rep that NetWare 6.5 user licenses will work in a NetWare 6 tree. I installed them in the same container as my other licenses. They, of course, created a new license container to hold them. It has been three weeks and not a single license has been consumed. Looking at the other licenses, 2 more than the installed amount are in use. To me it seems that the clients or NLS cannot retrieve one of those new licenses. Has anyone heard of this before? Or was the boss taken for a ride on this o...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Web resources about - Netware 6.5 sp7 license can it work with sp6? - novell.netware.6x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ