Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?

We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two
6.0 servers and 2  Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree.  We are running
8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes.  Are
there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead?
Thanks in advance.

Dennis

0
Dennis

Dennis,
> We are running
> 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes.  Are
> there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead?

According to:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10073858.htm

* eDirectory 8.6.2 or greater
* DS version 6.17 or greater with NetWare 4.x
* DS version 7.60c or greater with NetWare 5.1
* DS version�8.83 or greater with NetWare 5.1
* DS version 85.29 for eDirectory 8.5

is what you need. I am a bit curious as to what "8.0.6 NDS" is, is that DS8?
Anyway, the 6.5 deployment wizard should tell you what needs to be fixed.
Use the 6.5 SP2 overlay media and then patch with edir 8732.exe

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Netware 6.5 server abends when trying to backup Netware 5.1 GW Server
I am trying to backup a netware 5.1 GW server from my new 6.5 server (all support packs are in). I am using brightstore 9 and am able to back up the 6.5 server but I get a Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)fstape.nlm error when I try to back up the netware GW server. It seems to get to a certain step and then abends. with: Any help would be appreciated. Server ELBA-FS halted Tuesday, August 3, 2004 7:35:47.545 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060...

Netware 6.5 Server in a Netware 6.0 Tree
Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to begin using it as a resource in that tree?" Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server as it stands? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:04:25 GMT, tomm@juice4u.com wrote: >Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with >appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to >begin using it as a resource in that tree?" > >Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server a...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Adding NetWare 6.5 servers to NetWare 6.0 tree
I have two NetWare servers in one tree, one with SP5 and the other with SP3. I would like to add two NetWare 6.5 servers to this existing tree and then I will be clustering the two NetWare 6.5 servers. Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should be aware of? Thanks! , > Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should > be aware of? > Run the deployment wizard from the SP6 Overlay CD. It will tell you what needs to be done. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands ...

NetWare 6.5 SP8 co-exist with NetWare 6.5 SP7 servers?
I really don't want to install SP8 on the NetWare server as I am working on moving Netware to OES Linux. However, I need to upgrade to GroupWise 8 soon so plan to upgrade to GroupWise 8 on NetWare server which requires NW6.5SP8. All other 10 NetWare servers are on version 6.5 SP7 and I only intend to upgrade one server to NetWare 6.5 SP8. Does anyone see issue with that? I assume eDirectory does not chance with the installation of SP8. I am running eDirectory v 8.7.3.0. Regards Andy -- andyj2009 -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server? - novell.netware.6x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ