I was able to install my first Netware 6.5 server into my Netware 5.1
tree but I have a couple issues.
I already had 400 Edirectory Licenses installed so I didn't install any
Netware 6.5 Client licenses.
When I changed the login script to map to the new server no one accept
admins could map any drives.  We were getting 8901 error codes.
Do I need to install client licenses to make this go away?
Also no replicas of the master Netware 5.1 server was installed on the
Netware 6.5 server, so how do I force the new server to hold a
read/write replica of the master.
Thanks in advance for any help

--
dshegrud

dshegrud
11/30/2009 6:46:02 PM
📁 novell.netware.6x.install
📃 11229 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 8 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1223 Views

Dshegrud,
> Do I need to install client licenses to make this go away?
Yes, or an unlimited server license, ie an audited one.
> Also no replicas of the master Netware 5.1 server was installed on the
> Netware 6.5 server, so how do I force the new server to hold a
> read/write replica of the master.
Use ConsoleOne, Partition and replica view to add a replica to that
server.
- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms
0
Anders
11/30/2009 7:06:11 PM
Dshegrud,
> Do I need to install client licenses to make this go away?
Yes, or an unlimited server license, ie an audited one.
Anders, I did install with an unlimited server license, where does one
aquire that same thing for the clients?
> Also no replicas of the master Netware 5.1 server was installed on
the
> Netware 6.5 server, so how do I force the new server to hold a
> read/write replica of the master.
Use ConsoleOne, Partition and replica view to add a replica to that
server.
I tried this already, but when I right click any of my partitions, the
add replica button is greyed out.

--
dshegrud
dshegrud's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=72260
Dshegrud,
> Anders, I did install with an unlimited server license, where does one
> aquire that same thing for the clients?
Type VERSION on the server console. What does it say? Please post here,
but obfuscate any serial numbers.
> I tried this already, but when I right click any of my partitions, the
> add replica button is greyed out.
Click on the server, add replica.
- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms
0
Anders
11/30/2009 8:30:13 PM
Type VERSION on the server console. What does it say? Please post here,
but obfuscate any serial numbers.
Novell Open Enterprise Server, Netware 6.5
Support Pack Revision 08
(C) Copyright 1983-2008 Novell Inc.  All Rights Reserved.  Patent
Pending.
Server Version 5.70.08 October 3, 2008
Novell eDirecotry Version 8.8 SP4 SMP
NDS Version 20217.06  November 4, 2008
Server License:  Novell Netware 6 Server 650 SN:XXXXXXXXX
User Licenses:  Novell Netware 6 User 650 (Hard Stop)
Click on the server, add replica.
From the Netware 6.5 server in Partition View, I do not have this
option.  Could it be something wrong with my Console One.  I have
version 1.3.6
JDK 1.3.1 JVM 1.4.1_01
When I click on a Netware 5.1 server in Partition View in Console One,
I can click Delete Replica, Change Replica Type, and Replica
Information, but Add Replica stays greyed out.
Thank you for helping me out.
Darby

--
dshegrud
dshegrud's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=72260
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=394379
0
dshegrud
11/30/2009 9:06:02 PM
Anders disregard the 2nd part, I was not at the root level when trying
to add the replica.  I was at the container level, when I switched to
the root it allowed me to add a replica.

--
dshegrud
dshegrud's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=72260
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=394379
0
dshegrud
11/30/2009 9:16:02 PM
Dshegrud,
> Server License:  Novell Netware 6 Server 650 SN:XXXXXXXXX
> User Licenses:  Novell Netware 6 User 650 (Hard Stop)

But that is not an unlimited configuration. Should look like this:
Server License: Novell NetWare 6 Server 650 SN:XXXXXXXX
User Licenses: Audited
Ie, if you have an unlimited server license, you do not need user
licenses and AFAIK have all NW 6.5 licenses that have been shipped the
last few years been of this type.
- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms
0
Anders
12/1/2009 7:01:49 AM
That was the problem Anders, I didn't install the right license, it was
confusing since I had every version of 6.5.  When I installed the
correct license and restarted the license service everything started
working.

--
dshegrud
dshegrud's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=72260
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=394379
0
dshegrud
12/1/2009 6:06:02 PM
Dshegrud,
> That was the problem Anders, I didn't install the right license, it was
> confusing since I had every version of 6.5.  When I installed the
> correct license and restarted the license service everything started
> working.

OK. Glad we got it sorted.