netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade

how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5?
0
kjs

kjs@verizon.net wrote:

> how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5?

Well you got a few options here.
You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server.
If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade.

If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration
wizard.

--
Cheers,
Edward

> kjs@verizon.net wrote:
>
> > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5?
>
> Well you got a few options here.
> You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server.
> If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade.
>
> If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration
> wizard.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Edward

0
kjs
1/24/2006 2:06:12 PM
In article <ovqBf.2516$W54.139@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,
kjs@verizon.net says...
> where can i get the migration wizard?

http://download.novell.com/index.jsp

Then for product -- choose Server Consolidation and Migration Utility
and search.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

upgrade Netware 6 SP5 to Netware 6.5 SP5
We want to update a Netware 6 server to Netware 6.5 SP5. The server is running: eguide 2.1.0 NDPS 3.0.5 File services Named $ DHCP 1.2.0 Master server (ROOT-replica) Are there any special steps to take, for updating the Eguide and the NDPS services, or is this migrated by the upgrade process automatically? nospammail@atmyaddress.com wrote: > for updating the Eguide and the NDPS > services, NDPS will get the new NLM's - don't know about eGuide. Make sure you put the NetWare 6.5 OS CD in a workstation and run the deployment manager before doing the upg...

Upgrade Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5
I would like to upgrade a Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5. All documentation I've read says to do an in-place upgrade on each node to accomplish this. When I try an in-place upgrade of a test standalone 6.0 server it is very messy. What I would like to do instead is remove 1 node from the cluster (TID 10060341), rebuild it from scratch as a 6.5 server and add it back to the cluster. Repeat the process for the remaining 2 nodes. Should this work? I like the idea of having a clean install of the OS. Yes, that should work. -- Andrew C Taubman Nov...

unable to unlock screensaver after upgrade from netware 6.5 SP5 to Netware 6 SP6.
--____HZWSRIDOPQOGXTPYETVH____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 14 Dec 2006 09:45:16 +0100" After the upgrade of a netware 6.5 SP5 server to SP6, I can no longer = unlock the netware screensaver. The message that appears on the console = for a failed login is the following: 14-12-2006 8:11:44 : NMAS-31200610.14-14 NMAS.NLM intruder detection locked user account CN=3Dconsole.O=3DLICOM= The parameters with which the screensaver is loaded are: Loa...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

NetWare 5.1 SP5 to NetWare 6.5 upgrade questions
Hello, We have plans to upgrade from NetWare 5.1 (Edir 8.6.2 SP3) to NetWare 6.5 later this year. We have to consider the NFS 3.0 replacement to Native File Access on one server, and then comes my next question. Should we/must we upgrade our Edirectory from 8.6.2 to 8.7.x prior to upgrade? And what is the current recommended Edirectory 8.7.x SP? version we should upgrade to? Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, The first task is to install NW51SP7 and verify to have the same level of NICI (56/128 bits) and eDir on all servers. Stany. > Hello, > We have plans to upgr...

Upgrade from NetWare 5.1 SP8 to NetWare 6.5 SP5
Hello folks, we have one single NetWare 5.1 SP8 server upgraded to NetWare 6.5 SP5 but one error was shown during this procedure. The following box appeared telling us: Windows: SNMP Object Creation Error Contents: An error was encountered while creating the eDirectory SNMP objects. The error returned was -625. Please see the readme for instructions on how to perform this task manually. Couldn't find a suitable readme but I have found a documentation how to create the SNMP group object under NetWare. The command SNMPINST.NLM -c <AdminContext> &l...

Upgrade to NetWare 6.5 or update to 6.0 SP5
I am currently running 16 servers running the gamut from NetWare 6.0 SP2 to Netware 6.0 SP5. I also run a migration agent. I am trying to decide if I should upgrade my servers to NetWare 6.5 SP2 or run the service pack to 6.0 SP5. I also run Zenworks 4.01 IR4, NetStorage, and GroupWise 6.5 SP2. I ran the upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 on a test server without problems with a test file and printer server. Will I run into any problems upgrading the Zen, NetStorage or GW servers to NetWare 6.5? Is there any particular order that I should upgrade the servers such as upgrade the serv...

GroupWise 6 and NetWare 6.5 SP5 OES NetWare
Would you please provide upgrade path advice? We currently have GroupWise 6 SP4 running on NW6.5 SP2. We want to patch all the NetWare server with SP5 and a week later upgrade GroupWise 6 to 7. We noticed that NW6.5 SP5 upgrades all of your NetWare 6.5 components to OES NetWare and I don�t know if GroupWise 6 and all of its agents will work in OES NetWare. Should we upgrade GroupWise first to 7 and then apply NetWare SP5 a few weeks later to be safe? You input is appreciated. wkramer@mail.michbar.org wrote: > We noticed that NW6.5 SP5 upgrades all of your NetWare 6....

Upgrade from NetWare 6.0 SP5 to OES Netware
--____RZGFFFIQAQFWLXRCMWOW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it preferable to upgrade my master replica and SLP server first before = upgrading my other servers or does it not really matter? The reason I'm asking is my 6.0 SP5 master replica server doesn't have = enough disk space on the sys volume to upgrade. It is an older server = that needs to go but the guy before me set it up with a 2GB sys volume and = there is less than 500MB space left. The healthcheck fails.=20 So the question is can I upgrad...

Upgrade of iManager 2.6 Sp2 to 2.6 Sp3 on OES Netware 6.5 SP5 (Plus all post SP5 patches) Abends Server
Hello: I have encountered the following: OES Netware (6.5 SP5+) Environment eDir 8.7.3.8 NW 6.5 SP5 Plus Public Domain Post SP5 Patches iManager 2.6 SP2 Upgrading from iManager 2.6 Sp1 to 2.6 SP2 was an issue free process, a 5 minute Job. Upgrading the same servers from iManager 2.6 SP2 to 2.6 Sp3 produced the following (See sample abend log below) > ********************************************************* > Novell Netware, V6.5 Support Pack 5 - CPR Release > PVER: 6.50.05 > > Server MIKOS halted Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:15:04.574 am > Abend 1 on P0...

upgrade Netware 6.0 vers netware 6.5 SP8
Hello, J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. i don't no how to begin que update. the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic on install, anythink do" help me please Thanks -- Pagnucco ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pagnucco, > J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. > i don't no how to begin que update. > the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic > on install, anythink do" &...

Upgrading Netware 6.0 cluster to Netware 6.5 cluster
Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5 and join the existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other node would you know if this would work ? thanks for your futur reply Oli Hi! We have Nw6.0Sp4 and NW 6.5SP2 working together alright! Virtual volumes etc. HJ >>> <bolivier@eircom.net> 26. elokuuta 2004 18:34:06 >>> Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut dow...

Web resources about - netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade - novell.netware.6x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ