Netware 6 to Netware 6 upgrade over wire fails

We got a failure when upgrading  Netware 6 to a new Hardware.
I use Mirgation Wizard 6.0, both servers include spack 4.
But when i do the NDS Migration, it fails with
error code: xfffffd60 at the end.

0
Knut

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:01:54 GMT, Knut.Schmaedt@kdg.de wrote:

>We got a failure when upgrading  Netware 6 to a new Hardware.
>I use Mirgation Wizard 6.0, both servers include spack 4.
>But when i do the NDS Migration, it fails with
>error code: xfffffd60 at the end.

TID 10084499
(http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10084499.htm)
seems to describe your problem.  However, 6.0 is an old version of the
MigWiz.  The current version to use for NW 6.0 to NW 6.0 is MigWiz
7.1.  Go to http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp, select
the NetWare Migration Wizard as the product, and submit search, then
download the 7.1 MigWiz.

---------------
Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
but most of them pick themselves up and
hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
Attributed to Winston churchill
0
Donald

Netware 6 to Netware 6.5 license upgrade
I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can communicate with all servers? Thanks, Nathan On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:42:51 GMT, "Nathan Kaplan" <nkaplan@chacinc.com> wrote: >I have three Netware 6 servers and 300 NW6 user licences. I bought 300 NW6.5 >user licences upgrade. After I will upgrade one server to NW6.5 how should I >proceed with client upgrade licences to insure that users can...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Inplace Rolling upgrade from NetWare 6 SP4 with Clustering 1.6 to NetWare 6.5 SP2
Hello All, We have a Netware 6.5 sp4 Cluster with cluster services 1.6. We want to do a rolling upgrade of the system. Could anyone point me to the right place so I can do this correctly or give me some advice. Thanks Colin On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:15:08 +0000, colinb wrote: Take a look at TID 10094313 and be sure to the read the NW 6.5 documentation. Also don't forget to use the Deployment Manager off the root of the NW 6.5 OS install CD to prepare your environment for the new versions of eDir 8.7 and NCS 1.7 -- //Niclas Ekstedt _________________________________...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Upgrade from NetWare 6.0SP5 to NetWare 6.5SP3 + all Postfixes
Hi I am planning an upgrade from NetWare 6.0SP5 to NetWare 6.5SP3 + all Postfixes. Are there any "no_go" or "don't_do"? What it the difference choosing the OES option? Thanks, Alex The difference between OES and NetWare 6.5 Sp3 is iManager 2.5 (65sp3 comes with 2.0.2), virtual office 1.5 (nw65sp3 comes with 1.0), QuickFinder Server 4.0 replaces NetWare web search server (which comes with nw65sp3) and you get OpenWBEM For upgrading to OES check here: http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes/install-nw/data/ahzkvh5.html Cheers, Edward <nos...

upgrade Netware 6 SP5 to Netware 6.5 SP5
We want to update a Netware 6 server to Netware 6.5 SP5. The server is running: eguide 2.1.0 NDPS 3.0.5 File services Named $ DHCP 1.2.0 Master server (ROOT-replica) Are there any special steps to take, for updating the Eguide and the NDPS services, or is this migrated by the upgrade process automatically? nospammail@atmyaddress.com wrote: > for updating the Eguide and the NDPS > services, NDPS will get the new NLM's - don't know about eGuide. Make sure you put the NetWare 6.5 OS CD in a workstation and run the deployment manager before doing the upg...

Migrate NetWare 6 to Netware 6
I have a box running Netware 6 and I would liek ot migrate it to new server hardware---Hwat is the best way to do this....I wan to make sure I keep my IP address, server name, iPrint config, Printer Queue def, Home- Dir, etc.... paul , > I have a box running Netware 6 and I would liek ot migrate it to new > server hardware---Hwat is the best way to do this....I wan to make sure I > keep my IP address, server name, iPrint config, Printer Queue def, Home- > Dir, etc.... > The Migration Wizard. Or use portlock to clone the disks. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, ...

netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade
how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? kjs@verizon.net wrote: > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? Well you got a few options here. You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server. If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade. If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration wizard. -- Cheers, Edward where can i get the migration wizard? > kjs@verizon.net wrote: > > > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 serve...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

upgrade Netware 6.0 vers netware 6.5 SP8
Hello, J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. i don't no how to begin que update. the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic on install, anythink do" help me please Thanks -- Pagnucco ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pagnucco, > J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. > i don't no how to begin que update. > the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic > on install, anythink do" &...

NetWare 6.0sp5 upgrade to NetWare 6.5sp6 ABENDs server
Problem: The source of the problem is NFAP code in NFS. Sympton: Trying to mount 4-16-2007 10:20:13 am : Warning : Could not resolve 9:26:5:6 to a name /DATA1/LINUX/HOME. Mount will fail. Add an entry in hosts file or DNS. 4-16-2007 10:20:13 am : Warning : 192.168.0.233 Failed to mount /DATA1/LINUX/HOME using Mount version 1. Permission denied. 4-16-2007 10:20:18 am : Warning : Could not resolve 9:26:5:6 to a name /DATA1/LINUX/HOME. Mount will fail. Add an entry in hosts file or DNS. 4-16-2007 10:20:18 am : Warning : 192.168.0.233 Failed to mount /DATA1/LINUX/HOME using Mount...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Web resources about - Netware 6 to Netware 6 upgrade over wire fails - novell.netware.6x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ