Netware 6 Server in a Netware 5.1 Environment

I need to upgrade a server running Netware 5.1 to Netware 6 for
compatibility reasons.  We are not ready to make the jump to 6 yet
Network
wide.  Will installing a Netware 6 server into a Netware 5.1
Tree/Environment cause the tree to have problems?

0
nzotti

I would say no.  I have done this once and I did not have any problem

but I did get my eDir all on the same version.  Also Novell is really

pushing the "No RIP and Replace" stuff which means they really want
people to just drop in Netware 6 and start using it right along 5.x
without making changes/upgrades until you need/want to.

Thanks,
Greg

nzotti@bankdataservices.com wrote:
> I need to upgrade a server running Netware 5.1 to Netware 6 for
> compatibility reasons.  We are not ready to make the jump to 6 yet
Network
> wide.  Will installing a Netware 6 server into a Netware 5.1
> Tree/Environment cause the tree to have problems?

0
Greg
7/29/2003 2:06:39 PM
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:37:33 GMT, nzotti@bankdataservices.com wrote:

>I need to upgrade a server running Netware 5.1 to Netware 6 for
>compatibility reasons.  We are not ready to make the jump to 6 yet
Network
>wide.  Will installing a Netware 6 server into a Netware 5.1
>Tree/Environment cause the tree to have problems?

To add to what Greg said, I migrated an NW 5.1 server to NW 6 in an
all NW 5.1 tree with no problems.  The other servers were (and still
are) on NW 5.1 SP5 DS 7.60a.  I would recommend SP6 on the NW 5.1
server, and putting eDir 8.6.2 on the 5.1 servers, if they have
sufficient RAM.  (My 5.1 servers are marginal on RAM, which is why I
have not upgraded them to eDir 8.6.2.)

--
Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp

0
Donald

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Netware 6.5 server abends when trying to backup Netware 5.1 GW Server
I am trying to backup a netware 5.1 GW server from my new 6.5 server (all support packs are in). I am using brightstore 9 and am able to back up the 6.5 server but I get a Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)fstape.nlm error when I try to back up the netware GW server. It seems to get to a certain step and then abends. with: Any help would be appreciated. Server ELBA-FS halted Tuesday, August 3, 2004 7:35:47.545 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060...

Upgrading a Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5
I am part of a large tree. Before starting upgrade of Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5 I ran dsrepair and received no errors. During the Health check of the upgrade I received two warnings. They are Warning extend schema and repair schema. All the primary servers in the tree have already been upgraded to Netware 6.5. The admin of the primary servers control extend the schema. I am trying to find out if the warnings I received is something they need to repair or is there something else I need to do on my own server? I would appreciated any help I can get. Thanks Michel...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > >...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Remove of Netware 5.1 server from Netware 6.5 network fail
Hi, We have a NW-network consisting af several netware 6.5 servers. We have one Netware 5.1 server and it's time has run out! It's only purpose in the last year was beeing a splda. Now slp is moved to another server. I have removed all replicas on the server. When I: Nwconfig->Directory service->Remove... etc. after accepting I really want to do it it, the server starts consuming Cache Buffers and it does it until there is none left. Then it gives me either: "Install more memory". or "-625 nwconfig-5-463" which is at communication failure. ...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Web resources about - Netware 6 Server in a Netware 5.1 Environment - novell.netware.6x.install

Environment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jarryd Hayne excelled in a 'dysfunctional' environment at San Francisco 49ers, says agent
... agent Jack Bechta says his client exceeded expectations in his first season in the NFL, doing so in what he described as a dysfunctional environment ...

Environment ministry criticizes city for weak smog response
Environment ministry criticizes city for weak smog response

2015 Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility Report: Environment
3BL Media (press release) 2015 Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility Report: Environment 3BL Media (press release) Cisco Corporate Social ...

First Alert unveils HomeKit-enabled safe, environment monitor, and thermostat coming this year
... its OneLink Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detector , and this year it’s building on that announcement with a new HomeKit-enabled safe, an environment ...

Bill Gross on China, Secular Stagnation, and the Highly Leveraged "Negative Carry" Environment
... that led to Gross' ouster at PIMCO, and caused a huge amount of grief for value investors. Now, in search of yield, in a decreasing yield environment, ...

Apple Ditching The Headphone Jack Could Be Bad For Consumers And The Environment
Doing away with the headphone jack may make sense in the long-run, but more proprietary peripherals is bad for consumers and the planet.

Teddy Roosevelt’s Badlands ranch at center of mining vs. environment battle
Teddy Roosevelt’s Badlands ranch at center of mining vs.

Code Craft-Embedding C++: Hacking the Arduino Software Environment
The Arduino software environment, including the IDE, libraries, and general approach, are geared toward education. It’s meant as a way to introduce ...

News: First Alert expands Onelink family with HomeKit-enabled Wi-Fi safe, environment monitor + thermostat ...
First Alert has announced several new HomeKit-enabled products at CES 2016, including a new Wi-Fi safe, environment monitor, and thermostat. ...