Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b - hangs at closing installation files

Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday.

Two issues:
1)   Install seemed to hang at the very end.    Closing installation files.
(We let it set for 20 minutes and then
            closed diaglog box).  Then was able to restart server.   Server
was not hung.
2)   Can not access iManager

Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5?

My test network which has different hardware works.  I will compare results.

Any suggestions on what I can try next.

thanks,
Linda

0
Linda

Was finally able to get iManager to work.

Found several tids.   TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796, 10091686

Still curious why install seemed to hang at Closing Installation files....

This happened on first Netware 6.5 installation into our tree.   This was an
in-place upgrade.   The hardware more than meets the minimum requirements.
Poweredge 2650 with 4 Gig of memory and 10 Gig SYS volume.   Upgraded from
Netware 5.1 SP7.

Thanks,
Linda

"Linda" <linda.currie@humble.k12.tx.us> wrote in message
> Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday.
>
> Two issues:
> 1)   Install seemed to hang at the very end.    Closing installation
files.
> (We let it set for 20 minutes and then
>             closed diaglog box).  Then was able to restart server.
Server
> was not hung.
> 2)   Can not access iManager
>
> Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5?
>
> My test network which has different hardware works.  I will compare
results.

> Any suggestions on what I can try next.
>
> thanks,
> Linda

0
Linda
6/16/2004 1:46:03 PM
Next 3 servers have completed to the end with Prompt that installation is
complete, so reboot computer.

We see the closing installation screen, but in no more than 2 minutes the
Complete box pops up.

We had chosen Default installation, we are now choosing MANUAL installation.
So, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Linda

"Linda" <linda.currie@humble.k12.tx.us> wrote in message
> Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday.
>
> Two issues:
> 1)   Install seemed to hang at the very end.    Closing installation
files.
> (We let it set for 20 minutes and then
>             closed diaglog box).  Then was able to restart server.
Server
> was not hung.
> 2)   Can not access iManager
>
> Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5?
>
> My test network which has different hardware works.  I will compare
results.

> Any suggestions on what I can try next.
>
> thanks,
> Linda

0
Linda

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #3
Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree Regards. Duplicate, answered above. PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote: > > Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server > ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree > Regards. -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Web resources about - Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b - hangs at closing installation files - novell.netware.6x.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

New Apple Campus 2 video shows installation of massive glass panels
... throughout Apple's Campus 2 construction site, showing extensive progress including the beginning of interior and exterior glazing installation ...