NetWare 5.1 SP5 to NetWare 6.5 upgrade questions

Hello,
 We have plans to upgrade from NetWare 5.1 (Edir 8.6.2 SP3) to NetWare
6.5 later this year.  We have to consider the NFS 3.0 replacement to
Native File Access on one server, and then comes my next question.
Should we/must we upgrade our Edirectory from 8.6.2 to 8.7.x prior to
upgrade?  And what is the current recommended Edirectory 8.7.x SP?
version we should upgrade to?
Thanks,
Scott
0
scottb
5/14/2004 5:28:49 PM
📁 novell.netware.6x.install
📃 11229 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 697 Views

Hi Scott,
The first task is to install NW51SP7 and verify to have the same level of
NICI (56/128 bits) and eDir on all servers.
Stany.
> Hello,
>  We have plans to upgrade from NetWare 5.1 (Edir 8.6.2 SP3) to NetWare
> 6.5 later this year.  We have to consider the NFS 3.0 replacement to
> Native File Access on one server, and then comes my next question.
>
> Should we/must we upgrade our Edirectory from 8.6.2 to 8.7.x prior to
> upgrade?  And what is the current recommended Edirectory 8.7.x SP?
> version we should upgrade to?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
0
stany_wyrzykowski
5/14/2004 7:15:55 PM
Why must I upgrade 16 server to NW51SP7 just to upgrade to Netware 6.5?
Seem's like alot of extra work.  Does SP7 do something with Edir to
upgrade it?
Scott
> Hi Scott,
>
> The first task is to install NW51SP7 and verify to have the same level
of
> NICI (56/128 bits) and eDir on all servers.
>
> Stany.
>
> > Hello,
> >  We have plans to upgrade from NetWare 5.1 (Edir 8.6.2 SP3) to
NetWare
> > 6.5 later this year.  We have to consider the NFS 3.0 replacement to
> > Native File Access on one server, and then comes my next question.
> >
> > Should we/must we upgrade our Edirectory from 8.6.2 to 8.7.x prior to
> > upgrade?  And what is the current recommended Edirectory 8.7.x SP?
> > version we should upgrade to?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott

0
scottb
5/17/2004 7:42:13 PM
I understand that SP6 is minimum recommended support pack.
SP7 is more stable, so go with that.
I am looking at a Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 update this summer.
Linda
<scottb@clackamas.edu> wrote in message
> Why must I upgrade 16 server to NW51SP7 just to upgrade to Netware 6.5?
> Seem's like alot of extra work.  Does SP7 do something with Edir to
> upgrade it?
> Scott
> > Hi Scott,
> >
> > The first task is to install NW51SP7 and verify to have the same level
> of
> > NICI (56/128 bits) and eDir on all servers.
> >
> > Stany.
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >  We have plans to upgrade from NetWare 5.1 (Edir 8.6.2 SP3) to
> NetWare
> > > 6.5 later this year.  We have to consider the NFS 3.0 replacement to
> > > Native File Access on one server, and then comes my next question.
> > >
> > > Should we/must we upgrade our Edirectory from 8.6.2 to 8.7.x prior to
> > > upgrade?  And what is the current recommended Edirectory 8.7.x SP?
> > > version we should upgrade to?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Scott

0