Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 on new hardware

I am about to upgrade a single server Netware 5 installation - approx
50 users
- to Netware 6.5 on new hardware.  DNS and DHCP are fully configured
and
functional on the old server, which is running DS 7.51.

As someone pointed out earlier, Novell claim:

  NetWare� 6.5 supports upgrades from the following:

    * NetWare 5.1 server with Support Pack 6
    * NetWare 6.0 server with Support Pack 3

does that mean that it can't be done from NW5?  There used to be some
kind of
across the wire migration.

Would it be simpler to create and populate the new DS by hand and then
pull all
the file structures across later?

Is there a guide for this - in the manner of Caldonia's Groupwise 6.5
upgrade
guide?   (There is no GW in this case).

TIA

KD

0
KD

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:17:54 GMT, KD Johnson <kd@colehill.co.uk>
wrote:

>does that mean that it can't be done from NW5?  There used to be some
kind of
>across the wire migration.

Use the Migration Wizard.  Go to
http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp, and select 'Novell
Migration Wizard' on 'Any Platform'.

You'll need to install the NW 6.5 server in the mode for a migration
target (sorry, the exact term has slipped my mind, but it'll be
obvious when you run the install).

Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses

0
Donald
10/20/2003 11:01:52 PM
Donald Albury,
> You'll need to install the NW 6.5 server in the mode for a migration

> target

Pre-migration ;)

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG
10/21/2003 5:25:37 PM
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:25:37 GMT, AndersG <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote:

>Pre-migration ;)

Thanks!

Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses

0
Donald

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Moving a broker from netware 5.0 to a new netware 6.5
I currently have a broker on a netware 5.0 server. I will be installing two new netware 6.5 servers. Eventually the old netware 5.0 will be decomissioned. We do not use ndps to download the driver, but associate a print queue to a printer agent so that users can cpature via a login script. Basically can i load a new broker on netware 6.5 or will it use the existing one on netware 5.0 Also if the broker on the netware 5.0 is unloaded will printing still work via the ndpsm managers loaded on the servers. Basically can i move the broker fron the old netware 5.0 server to netware 6...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Netware 6.5 / Groupwise 6.5 on new hardware
I plan on upgrading server hardware, which is currently running Netware 6.5 and Groupwise 6.5, and wondered if I have to reinstall Groupwise or will the migration wizard copy everything over to the new server which will also be running Netware 6.5 and Groupwise 6.5?) (i.e. the autoexec.ncf files, groupwise ncf files and groupwise configuration files?) Thanks On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:00:03 GMT, "John" <john@edd.com> wrote: >I plan on upgrading server hardware, which is currently running Netware 6.5 >and Groupwise 6.5, and wondered if I have to reinstall Grou...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

Web resources about - Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 on new hardware - novell.netware.6x.install

Simmons Hardware Company Warehouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
42°29′35″N 96°24′34″W  /  42.49306°N 96.40944°W  / 42.49306; -96.40944 Coordinates : 42°29′35″N 96°24′34″W  /  42.49306°N 96.40944°W  / ...

Wesfarmers to invade British hardware market
Retailer's move to gain foothold in the UK home improvement market brings with it some geographical risk.

Masters hardware: Woolworths to sell or close; Wesfarmers buys into UK Homebase
Woolworths announces it will exit its unprofitable Masters hardware business, at the same time as rival Wesfarmers expands in the UK.

Insteon adds Sonos integration to control speakers from its iOS app & hardware
Users of Insteon’s connected home automation products will now be able to control their Sonos speakers directly from Insteon hardware and the ...

Tesla Is Working On Autopilot Hardware Suite 2.0 — Confirmed By Elon Musk
... what many have been speculating was the case — the pioneering electric car company is currently working on a new “Autopilot version 2” hardware ...

Geeking out on hardware is not just about robots anymore
Hardware accelerator program HAXLR8R debuts nine products, including mind control headband, kitchen gadgetry and a wind sensor for riding waves. ...

Rockhold shows off new hardware
Enter to win prizes during the entire month of January! You can win tickets to a Warriors game, CSN studio tours, a chance to attend the Coaching ...

Review: Hardware: Rivals
... revitalize the franchise, and for some time, the genre has been on life support mostly by way of indie developers. So when I heard about Hardware: ...

Hardware vendors optimistic about VR potential to save PC industry
With Sony, Samsung Electronics, Oculus/Facebook, High-Tech Computer (HTC) and Google developing virtual reality (VR) wearable devices, related ...

Volkswagen May Need to Fix Software 'Cheat Device' With Hardware
NEWS ANALYSIS: Just because a software routine can make VW's diesel cars seem clean doesn't mean you can fix it with new software.