Netware 4.11 to Netware 6.0 upgrade

Hello,

I have five NetWare 4.11 servers in WAN environment, three of them in
the
central location.
I want to insert a new NetWare 6.0 server in existing NDS tree (only
NetWare
4.11). All NetWare 4.11 servers will remain in their function for some

months.

What is the best method to do that ?

I saw in TID 10075926 that Novell recommends installing new server as
NetWare 4.11 and then upgrading to NetWare 6. I don't like that
scenario. I
have new HP Proliant DL 360 which not support NetWare 4.11. I also
want NSS
volume for SYS volume.

I saw in support forums that somebody tried to install NetWare 6.0
from
scratch and then specifying the 4.11 Tree when it asks about one.

What do you thing about that scenario - installing NetWare 6.0
directly in
NetWare 4.11 tree ?
What about the replicas and partitions ? What should I pay attention
on ?

Is it better to completely install a NetWare 6.0 server into a dummy
tree
with all patches, then
remove NDS and add in the 4.11 Tree and then reinstall all NetWare 6.0

products, or, actually install from scratch, specifying the 4.11 Tree
when
it asks about one?

Thanks for help,
Roman Lenarsic

0
Roman

Roman,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response
to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated
reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the
following options:

- Do a search of our knowledgebase at
http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp
- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid
product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is
posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept
our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our
posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
12/15/2003 3:01:28 PM
Best thing to do is running NWDEPLOY.EXE from the NetWare6.0 CD.
NWDEPLOY.EXE will update your current Tree with the DS required
to accommodate a NetWare6 server. Once you update DS on the current
Tree, run NetWare6 install and point to the production environment.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

0
Edison

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

upgrade Netware 6.0 vers netware 6.5 SP8
Hello, J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. i don't no how to begin que update. the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic on install, anythink do" help me please Thanks -- Pagnucco ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pagnucco, > J want to upgrade a server netware 6.O DS 8.7.3 to netware 6.5 SP8. > i don't no how to begin que update. > the doc say "from gui, clic on install and execute ... but when i clic > on install, anythink do" &...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Upgrading Netware 6.0 cluster to Netware 6.5 cluster
Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5 and join the existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other node would you know if this would work ? thanks for your futur reply Oli Hi! We have Nw6.0Sp4 and NW 6.5SP2 working together alright! Virtual volumes etc. HJ >>> <bolivier@eircom.net> 26. elokuuta 2004 18:34:06 >>> Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut dow...

netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade
how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? kjs@verizon.net wrote: > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? Well you got a few options here. You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server. If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade. If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration wizard. -- Cheers, Edward where can i get the migration wizard? > kjs@verizon.net wrote: > > > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 serve...

Netware 5.1 to 6.0 upgrade with zen 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experience with this scenario? We have 3 Netware 5.1 sp6 one with zenworks 3.0. We are going to upgrade all servers to Netware 6.0sp5 and zen 4.0. What should be done first....netware or zen upgrade? Any input on the sp's of either? Do all servers have to be at the same netware version? IE. can I upgrade just the zen server to netware 6.0 and leave the master at 5.1? Any guidance would be great! Thanks, Alex Miller On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:58:34 +0000, Alex Miller wrote: > What should be done first....netware or ze...

Netware client 4.6 4.7 and 4.8 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware 6.5? As I'll be doing an upgrade and don't want to go around the workstations twice to configure them. Thanks > Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware > 6.5? You can run them but not sure without issues since some of those clients were not tested against NetWare6.5 -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) John, They *should* run okay, but there will have been no testing done with 4.6 or 4.7, and ...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Removing IPX Netware 4.11 / Netware 6
Hi all, is there any way of removing IPX support from Netware 4.11? We are in the process of implementing a VPN and cannot have IPX traffic flowing across the WAN. Can the IPX traffic be encapsulated in an IP packet by the netware server? Thanks in advance, Ben Yes. you can use SCMD. -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com ...

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Hello, I have a netware 5.0 (no sp) with ds 7.45 on a Compaq Proliant 3000. This server is alone on my tree. I want migrate this server to Netware 6.5 to a Compaq dl 380 G2. What is the best method ? Thanks for answer Fran�ois-Xavier Derveloy France You will need to deploy updates on the 5.0 server prior to running the Migration Wizard. No SP's at all on the 5.0 server? That is rare indeed. Also, how many users on this server and how much data? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Hello, config.txt give this : Novell NetWare 5.00...

Web resources about - Netware 4.11 to Netware 6.0 upgrade - novell.netware.6x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ