License Issuses

I have a NetWare 6.5 SP7 server that I recently had to restore.  I had a
bad drive in the server and one that was about to go out.  I was able to
use ArcServe to recover data and get the server reloaded, but now I'm
having trouble with licenses going back on the server.  I have plenty of
licenses available, but are not showing up on the server.  Currently I
have 5 users logging in using the grace licenses.

I have tried to apply the licenses in NWAdmin, but it acts like the
tree does not see the server, even though I can administer users and
devices in ConsoleOne.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

--
sarsippius

sarsippius

Sarsippius,
> I have a NetWare 6.5 SP7 server that I recently had to restore.  I had a
> bad drive in the server and one that was about to go out.  I was able to
> use ArcServe to recover data and get the server reloaded, but now I'm
> having trouble with licenses going back on the server.  I have plenty of
> licenses available, but are not showing up on the server.  Currently I
> have 5 users logging in using the grace licenses.
>
> I have tried to apply the licenses in NWAdmin, but it acts like the
> tree does not see the server, even though I can administer users and
> devices in ConsoleOne.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

You should apply SP8, plus all relevant post SP8 patches. What does
"version" on the server console say?

- Anders Gustafsson  (NKP)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
11/8/2011 5:10:08 PM
Version returns

NetWare 6.5 SP7
Server License: Novell Netware 6 Server 650 Not Acquired

--
sarsippius
sarsippius's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=55961

0
sarsippius
11/8/2011 6:46:02 PM
Sarsippius,
> NetWare 6.5 SP7
> Server License: Novell Netware 6 Server 650 Not Acquired

That means it has no license. I sugges you have everyone else log out,
then connect from a workstation and run NWadmin to add your license.

- Anders Gustafsson  (NKP)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
11/8/2011 7:20:09 PM
That error means the server cannot find a server license, or it can but
cannot allocate it to itself. The server license would need to be in the
same container as the server object, or above it in the tree (not to the
side or down the tree). Additionally, if not an MLA-style (ie
multi-server) license it would have to be unused by another server; and
finally if the existing license in there has been specifically assigned
to any server, it cannot be acquired by servers it is not assigned to.

Note that SP8 comes with a free server license good for 1,000 servers,
that does not need user (conn) licenses at all.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=447912

0
ataubman
11/9/2011 9:56:01 PM
We have plenty of licenses for the server, and it is above the server in
the tree.  For some reason it is not grabbing a server license from the
pool that is available.  When I look at it in NWAdmin I can see where 11
licenses are being used by the other servers we have, but when I look at
the list of Units in Use, I am not seeing the server that I need to be
in there.  I thought I had the problem solved, but it is giving me the
same errors again today.

We have the 1,000 server license so that is not part of the issue.  Is
there a way to check what licenses are being used?  Is it possible that
since I had to restore the server it has a license taken up and is not
getting a new license because of that?

--
sarsippius
sarsippius's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=55961
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=447912

0
sarsippius
11/10/2011 6:06:02 PM
Sarsippius,

A NLS trace would help here:http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10013821&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=278357674&stateId=0%200%20278353945

- Anders Gustafsson  (NKP)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
11/10/2011 6:44:19 PM
Check whether those 11 servers have been assigned to the license, if so
you'll have to manually assign the 12th one too, or de-assign them all
so they find the license naturally.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=447912

0
ataubman
11/10/2011 10:16:02 PM
Ataubman,
> Check whether those 11 servers have been assigned to the license, if so
> you'll have to manually assign the 12th one too, or de-assign them all
> so they find the license naturally.

Yes. Licensing basics:

6.0: You should have an NLS_LSP object for each 6.0 server, in its
container. A unique 6.0 server license object should be in the same
container as the server object(s), or above that in the tree, and
assigned to that server. If non-MLA, a 6.0 user (conn) license needs to
be in the same container as the user objects, or above that in the tree,
and not assigned to any server. Make sure the two license types are
successfully being consumed.

Unique NetWare 6.0 licenses are available free at
http://www.novell.com/licensing/eld/LRequest.jsp?ENCRYPTION=NW6

6.5: You should have an NLS_LSP object for each 6.5 server, in its
container. A 6.5 server license object should be in the same container
as the server object(s), or above that in the tree, and not assigned to
any server. If non-MLA, a 6.5 user (conn) license needs to be in the
same container as the user objects, or above that in the tree, and not
assigned to any server. Make sure the two license types are successfully
being consumed.

For tracing. type PM HELP on the server console.

- Anders Gustafsson  (NKP)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders

How to install Licenses on SQLAnywhere (Netware)
On a windows server I can add concurrent licenses to the SQLAnywhere Ver 8.03 server by runnning the dblic command line utility from within the directory where the the dbsrv8.exe is located. How do I do the same for dbsrv8.nlm on a netware server? From a Windows machine, map a drive to the Novell directory and run dblic agains a non-running engine. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***************************************************************************** Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Editio...

Netware 6.5 license install
We have a problem installing license during the Netware 6.5 install. When we go to install .NLF licenses we are getting an error. We install the license floppy and select the .NLF license. We click next and the next thing you know the account is locked out. Are we missing something ? > We have a problem installing license during the Netware 6.5 install. When > we go to install .NLF licenses we are getting an error. We install the > license floppy and select the .NLF license. We click next and the next > thing you know the account is locked out. Are we missin...

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

Installed 2nd Netware 6 Server
Hi, I've just installed a 2nd netware 6.0 into my existing nds. For the licensing part of the I could not install my user licenses on this server. Do I need to license anything or is that automatic via nds for any subsequent servers added to the nds? At some point I will de-commision the old 6.0 server that I installed the licenses on so I want to be sure my licenses won't disappear with the old server. Thanks --____FZMUYTNJZMEFMMAOSCSA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-dat...

Netware 6 MLA License Install/Config
Could somebody please explain how MLA licenses should be installed for Netware 6.0? We are about to upgrade our production network this weekend, and the only issues we have had in our test network revolve around the licenses. We are running Netware 6.0 SP3 with eDir8.6.2SP5, NLS603ft, TCP607I, NW6NSS3c, FLSYSFT9, JAVA131SP5 and NICI261. Our licensc was downloaded from Novell via a "Smartcert2.exe" which included a .nlf file. Viewing the License Policy shows the Following: Publisher: Novell Product: NetWare 6 Server Version: 600 Certificate ID: SN:XXXXXXXXX OEM ID: ...

how to install licenses after in initial install?
From the server is there anyway to install the licenses? I've seen references to Imanager and installed it but have no clue as to where or how to turn it on. Is there anyway to install licenses while in the GUI window? On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 03:26:10 GMT, jim@libertynatural.com wrote: >From the server is there anyway to install the licenses? I've seen >references to Imanager and installed it but have no clue as to where or >how to turn it on. It is accessed from a Web browser. A lot of people (including me) have had a lot of trouble getting iManager to work...

NetWare 6.5 license installation fails
Hi, At the licensing stage of the NetWare 6.5 installation I get "A region- specific cryptography module was not found in the path specified. You cannot proceed until a cryptographic file is installed". The xxxx.NFK file is there and can be browsed to. I am trying both dowloaded and emailed license files. The same error occurs on 3 different hardware types, with different CDs, different license floppies and different products/services installed. The demo license located on the CD installs fine. Could there be a cryptography module incompatibility between the MLA g...

problem installing user licenses for Netware 6.5
We received the email product from Novell for Netware 6.5 10 user upgrade. When I try to install the user license I get the error "format of license file is unknown and will not be installed". I contacted Novell sales and they resent the user license file, but we get the same message. Thank You, From where are you trying to install it. NWAdmin or iManager? Does it need to be unzipped? What is the file extension? <shood@handhcomputers.com> wrote in message news:AqM_b.1224$Mw6.784@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > We received the email product from Novell for...

Installing just connection licenses on a Netware 5 server
We are trying to install more licenses to a Netware 5 server. When I run through the install on NWconfig I get the following error "Cannot install this license certificate because doing so would exceed the limit on installed license units <LICENSE_INSTALL-5-37>" TID10055952 seems to be telling me the telling me that I cannot add part of the server license to the tree. Furthermore, my licenses are not in the TID's list of serial numbers that may need replaced. I only want the connection licenses; is there any way to install the connection licenses without...

How to install netware 6.5 license without imanager
I have been trying to install a 6.5 server for several days now to replace a 6.0 that fried. I have it up, but with no licenses. So no one can login. I try to login in to Novell remote manager and get Login Error! Username or password invalid. I can login anywhere else in the tree except this server. A quick look at the error log shows this repeating: Server OCHS is unable to obtain a server base license unit. Connection to this server is NOT allowed. Ensure that licensing units are available and verify NLS operation. Error # C0001002. 1-12-2007 4:51:50 pm: SERVER-5...

unable to install netware-license with imanager 2.7.2
Hello, I try to install a new netware license with imanager 2.7.2. When I choose License-Install new License I get a dialog that says that there is no server with nlsadapt.nlm loaded or there is a problem with ncp. My connections work fine. The servers are NetWare 6.5SP8 with edir 8.8.4. Time is in sync. nlsadapt.nlm and nlsadpt2.nlm are loaded on the server with the master replica. I have no idea. Does anybody else have one? Thanks in advance and a good new year, Thomas -- twen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Can you try us...

Using iManager to install Netware 6.5 Server license
Hi this is actually a two part question but first the history. I am trying to setup a sandbox with a Netware 6.5 and Linux server running OES so as to evaluate shifting to Linux servers on our live network. When I installed the Netware server it said I could install the server license later using iManager. After finding that iManager was not installed by default and figuring out how to get it and unzip it in Novell, I got iManager running and can log in with no problem. I already have a floppy with the server license on it. Now for the questions: 1) How do I use iManag...

How to install user license v6.5 in netware server v4.2?
We purchased new user license for our netware server v4.2. And were given user license v6.5 with .nlf file. However, when trying to install from Netware Administrator--Tools--Install license--Install envelope, error given was "There are no License Service Provider (LSP) systems available. Make sure the workstation is connected to the network." How should the installation of user license v6.5 go about for netware server v4.2? Kindly please advise. Thanks... , > We purchased new user license for our netware server v4.2. And were given > user license v6.5 with .n...

BorderManager License without NetWare License?
Hello, I know someone who wants to buy BorderManager but does not have any other Novell products in place, including NetWare. Will a NetWare license be required to use BorderManager? Or will the eval NetWare license work for this? Thanks. With NW6.x the license is a tree license, so if they do not log into the tree... However they will require seat licenses for the BM. If they do not have those they will be breaking the law. On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 08:02:37 GMT, Mike Ducharme <ducharme@escape.ca> wrote: >Hello, > >I know someone who wants to buy Borde...

Web resources about - License Issuses - novell.netware.6x.install

License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) refers to that permission as well as to the document recording that permission. A license may be granted by a party ("licensor") to another ...

US Department of Transportation to investigate Alabama drivers license bureau closures
... of Transportation announced today that it will investigate the State of Alabama over its decision to close roughly half of its drivers license ...

Seven Seas Licenses My Pathetic Vampire Life Manga
Comedy manga about bored vampire repeating high school slated for October

New open-source license plate reader software lets you make your own “hot list”
... IP-enabled security camera, you can download some free, open-source software from GitHub and boom—you have a fully functional automated license ...

Apple: Banking License, Cloud Services, Enterprise, Sky’s the Limit, Says Citi
Citigroup ’s Jim Suva this morning reiterates a Buy rating on shares of Apple ( AAPL ), and a $145 price target, after concluding positively ...

Run your own license plate recognition system with OpenALPR
... anyway. OpenALPR is an open source software library which changes all that, by transforming an ordinary camera into your own automatic license ...

The LA City Council just confirmed everyone’s worst fears about license plate data collection
Everyone remember the film Minority Report that revolved around people with psychic abilities who used their powers predict crimes so that cops ...

COJONES: Illegals Sue to Overturn Oregon Ballot Initiative That Overwhelmingly Refused Them Drivers Licenses ...
... initiative in that state in which voters resoundingly rebuffed attempts to legislatively permit illegal aliens to obtain Oregon driver's licenses. ...

Zenefits could be in big trouble for allegedly letting its salespeople sell insurance without a license ...
... valued at $4.5 billion, is under investigation in Washington state for allowing salespeople to sell health insurance without the proper licenses, ...

SPIRIT DSP Extended Its Software License for AT&T Conferencing with Cisco® WebEx®
SPIRIT DSP Extended Its Software License for AT&T Conferencing with Cisco® WebEx® Business Wire (press release) MOSCOW(BUSINESS WIRE)SPIRIT ...