Installing new netware 6.0 on existing network

Hi
I am planning to install a new netware 6.0 server in our existing
network
with one netware 5.1 server NDS ver 7.3.
I do not want to disturb the existing setup so i am planning to
install a
new tree and OU in the new netware 6.0 server.Is it necessary to
upgrade the
NDS on the existing 5.1 server.
Is there anything i should do prior  to adding the new netware 6.0
server in
the network?

Thanks in advance
sharad

0
sharad

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:52:10 GMT, "sharad" <sharad@ccrcorp.com> wrote:

>I am planning to install a new netware 6.0 server in our existing
network
>with one netware 5.1 server NDS ver 7.3.
>I do not want to disturb the existing setup so i am planning to
install a
>new tree and OU in the new netware 6.0 server.Is it necessary to
upgrade the
>NDS on the existing 5.1 server.
>Is there anything i should do prior  to adding the new netware 6.0
server in
>the network?

If you are installing the NW 6 in a new tree, then the only things you

need to worry about are using different tree and server names, and a
different network ID, if you will be mounting IPX on both servers.

Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses
Please respond to the Support Forums survey at
http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?S46H3GF84BBQ6HLKKTFQLSNF

0
Donald
11/20/2003 11:49:08 PM
Hi
Thank you very much for the reply.I know it may sound very simple but
just
to confirm that the Network Id you told me about is the same as "FFEE
" in
the following command
"Bind ipx to ether_a net=FFEE".

This further means i will have to divide the network into two segments
with
different network ID's.Is that right?

Can you please also suggest me what i will have to do if i want to add
the
new NW6 server with the existing NW 5.1 server with NDS 7.3 installed
on the
same Network Id.

Thank you in advance

sharad
"Donald Albury" <dalbury@not_bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:52:10 GMT, "sharad" <sharad@ccrcorp.com>
wrote:

> >I am planning to install a new netware 6.0 server in our existing
network
> >with one netware 5.1 server NDS ver 7.3.
> >I do not want to disturb the existing setup so i am planning to
install a
> >new tree and OU in the new netware 6.0 server.Is it necessary to
upgrade
the
> >NDS on the existing 5.1 server.
> >Is there anything i should do prior  to adding the new netware 6.0
server
in
> >the network?
>
> If you are installing the NW 6 in a new tree, then the only things
you
> need to worry about are using different tree and server names, and a

> different network ID, if you will be mounting IPX on both servers.
>
> Donald Albury
> Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
> Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses
> Please respond to the Support Forums survey at
> http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?S46H3GF84BBQ6HLKKTFQLSNF

0
sharad
11/21/2003 4:07:49 PM
Hi
I would like to make a correction, the version of DS.NLM is 7.3.3 and
the
server is Netware 5.0 SP3.

sharad

0
sharad
11/21/2003 8:11:59 PM
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:07:49 GMT, "sharad" <sharad@ccrcorp.com> wrote:

>Thank you very much for the reply.I know it may sound very simple but
just
>to confirm that the Network Id you told me about is the same as "FFEE
" in
>the following command
>"Bind ipx to ether_a net=FFEE".

That's it.

>This further means i will have to divide the network into two
segments with
>different network ID's.Is that right?

That's different IPX segments, yes, but they can be on the same
physical segment..

>Can you please also suggest me what i will have to do if i want to
add the
>new NW6 server with the existing NW 5.1 server with NDS 7.3 installed
on the
>same Network Id.

Do you mean you want to have them in the same tree?  In that case, I
would advise upgrading DS on the NW 5.1 server to eDir 8.7, just to
keep your life from getting complicated.

Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses
Please respond to the Support Forums survey at
http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?S46H3GF84BBQ6HLKKTFQLSNF

0
Donald
11/21/2003 11:01:17 PM
Thank you very much :-).

> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:07:49 GMT, "sharad" <sharad@ccrcorp.com>
wrote:

> >Thank you very much for the reply.I know it may sound very simple
but
just
> >to confirm that the Network Id you told me about is the same as
"FFEE "
in
> >the following command
> >"Bind ipx to ether_a net=FFEE".
>
> That's it.
>
> >This further means i will have to divide the network into two
segments
with
> >different network ID's.Is that right?
>
> That's different IPX segments, yes, but they can be on the same
> physical segment..
>
> >Can you please also suggest me what i will have to do if i want to
add
the
> >new NW6 server with the existing NW 5.1 server with NDS 7.3
installed on
the
> >same Network Id.
>
> Do you mean you want to have them in the same tree?  In that case, I

> would advise upgrading DS on the NW 5.1 server to eDir 8.7, just to
> keep your life from getting complicated.
>
> Donald Albury
> Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
> Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses
> Please respond to the Support Forums survey at
> http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?S46H3GF84BBQ6HLKKTFQLSNF

0
sharad

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #3
Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree Regards. Duplicate, answered above. PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote: > > Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server > ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree > Regards. -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Netware 6.5 install into existing 6.0 tree
I installed Netware 6.5 sp2 on a new server into our existing tree (NW6 eDirectory 8.6.2). Everything installed fine but when I started to create directories and assign rights users could not see and volumes except for sys: (the login directory). It seems only trustee assignments for Public would work. Admin users can see everything. The only way I can get it to work is by using Console One to assign the trustee..any ideas on why explorer would not work? Thanks Bob wrote: > Everything installed fine but when I started to create > directories and assign rights user...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Installing a Netware 6.5 server into existing NW 6.0 Sp5 tree
I want to install a new NetWare 6.5 Server into an existing Netware 6.0 environment. Instead of in place or remote, I want to place a new NetWare 6.5 Server into that tree. Can anyone tell me if this procedure will work with out problems. I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. , > I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory > to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. > Yes. That is recommended. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Isla...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Adding a new server Netware 6.5 into an existing netware 5.1sp6 network
I want to Add a new server Netware 6.5 into an existing netware 5.1sp6 network with edirectory 85.30. What is the best method to insert this new server? Should I care about the Certificate Authority (CA) and root partition (MASTER). If not, can we just add the new netware 6.5 server into the tree and after that add a replica of the root partition on this server. Or do I have to upgrade an existing 5.1sp6 to 6.5, then insert the new 6.5 server? , > If not, can we just add the new netware 6.5 server into the tree and after > that add a replica of the...

Installing a new Netware 6.5 cluster when a earlier version exists
I currently have SAN cluster version 1.0 running under netware 5.0 involving two servers one in each container. We are getting a new SAN and two new Netware 6.5 Servers which will be clustered. Is there any problem installing them into each of the containers above. and clustering them when a earlier version is also running. or should I put them each into new containers and move the users over. Is there any problems with clustering servers in different containers because they will be running seperate login scripts, or do I have to install them both in one container. You can...

Web resources about - Installing new netware 6.0 on existing network - novell.netware.6x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper